ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do I have to cover my head in amritvela ?????

Posted by BalihaareeGurApne 
Waheguru jee ka Khalsa, Waheguru jee kee fateh.

Dear sangat jeeo,

I need some clarification please on the following points:

1. After you have had a full kesi ishnaan and sit to do abhiyaas, is it ok to have your keski and kanga around your waist, leave your head totally uncovered and air dry your hair while doing abhiyaas ?. If this is not ok, could the sangat please advise the correct Gurmat.

2. When abhiyaas has finished and you are about to start your nitem, then how should you have your kes?, covered with keski like a chunni or put your hair up in tressknot and tie a small keski ?

3. Do you have to comb your hair before nitnem ?

I am not lucky enough to have Guru Sahib jee's saroop at home where I do abhiyaas, but from time to time I do attend naam abhiyaas with sangat in Guru Sahibs hazoori, Therefore could my brothers and sisters provide the correct Gurmat sikhiaa on answering the above questions, both what to do when youn are in Guru Sahibs hazoori and when you are not.

Many, Many, Many thanks in advance.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

1. After you have had a full kesi ishnaan and sit to do abhiyaas, is it ok to have your keski and kanga around your waist, leave your head totally uncovered and air dry your hair while doing abhiyaas ?. If this is not ok, could the sangat please advise the correct Gurmat.

If you are not sitting in Hazoori of Guru Sahib, it's fine to do so.

2. When abhiyaas has finished and you are about to start your nitem, then how should you have your kes?, covered with keski like a chunni or put your hair up in tressknot and tie a small keski ?

When doing Paath from Gutka Sahib, you must have a Keski tied on your head.

3. Do you have to comb your hair before nitnem ?

Kesh should be combed before Ardaas for morning Nitnem.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

When doing Paath from Gutka Sahib, you must have a Keski tied on your head.

Veer Ji - What about if doing paath kanth? I have been told that Kes still have to be covered?
To add to Bhai Kulbir Singh ji's post, dohRa dastaaRa must be tied before entering Guru Sahib's Darbar/ room at amritvela or duing the day.

Veer Ji - What about if doing paath kanth? I have been told that Kes still have to be covered?

The Kesh can be left open but many Gursikhs prefer to still cover their heads with a Keski.

Kulbir Singh
according to buddha dal maryada, as stated at the beginning of the khalsa sundar gutka, one must still cover their head with a kapra when drying kes. also, kes are to be kept in front of one shoulder, not thrown back. so what i do is put a halkaa hajooriya over my shoulder, put my hair over the part thats in the front. the extra bit of the hajooriya i pull up to the opposite shoulder, so my hair sits on my chest. the part of the hajooriya at the back can be brought up to cover the head
laadlifauj

what is the point of no hair behind your shoulders?
i think it might be for reasons of satkaar. if my kes is are front, i can more easily make sure that it's not touching the ground or anything else i dont want them touching
Is it acceptable to sit in a room where guru sahib is sukhasan on a bed (four poster bed with small curtains around it), while kes are open completely uncovered? if not completely uncovered, still open but with keski as a chunni?
Guroo Saheb, whether prakaashed or in Sukhaasan Avasthaa Should Only Be Approached in Double Dastaar, not in Keskee nor bare headed.

If you want to dry your kesh, dry them after Guroo Sahebs Seva.

-Upkaar Singh
thank you veerji.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login