ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

availability of larreevaar saroop in Toronto

Posted by kanwaldeep singh 
Sangat ji, daas was wondering if larreevaar saroop is available in Toronto area. Daas has padchhed at home but would like to do prakash of larreevaar saroop. Vichar is appreciated.

Kanwaldeep Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
There is severe shortage of Saroops in Toronto, actually whole of North America. Many Gursikh families are looking for Maharaj jee's Saroop but without luck. By the same token, do an Ardaas with Guru Sahib and beg that you be blessed with His Seva. Guru Sahib always listens to his Gursikhs' Ardaasa. When the Gursikh is ready, Guru Sahib arrives.

Kulbir Singh
Would be interested to know about Gursikhs who have Guru Saroop in /around Toronto and are open to allow Gur's sangat to Darn Paras the Guru, will be greatly apreciated.
Our Panth needs more likharees!
I have heard from this forum that some people can bind two Larivaar Sainchees into one making the Sroop of Guru Granth Sahib Jee like this. How does one bind two sainchees. This seems like a very good method to take care of the severe shortage of Larivaar sroops in the west.

Or if one has the knowledge of binding they can bring unbinded angs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee's angs from India and bind it here in the west. Is that possible? because I can understand that Gursikhs would not feel comfortable putting the full binded sroop of Guru Jee's sroop in a techi/suit case.

But the best alternative is still to write your own sroop. It's a long process but I feel the process itself is worth it.
Binding Two Senchiya/Pothiya Is A Clever Idea But How Does One Go About Doing So? As The Size Of Each Senchi/Pothi Should Be A Reasonable Size So That When Doing Parkash All Gurbani Can Been Seen Because Some Of The Akaars/Letter Get Stuck In The Middle Of The Senchi/Pothi?

Just Do Ardaas Day & Night, That May Guru Ji Bless You With Their Seva!

Amanjot Singh
Kulbir Singh
There is severe shortage of Saroops in Toronto, actually whole of North America. Many Gursikh families are looking for Maharaj jee's Saroop but without luck. By the same token, do an Ardaas with Guru Sahib and beg that you be blessed with His Seva. Guru Sahib always listens to his Gursikhs' Ardaasa. When the Gursikh is ready, Guru Sahib arrives.

Kulbir Singh
I have talked to a person responsible for providing saroops in my local area. SGPC by chance sent 2-4 lareevaar saroops to them. The misfortune is, besides myself, I dont think anyone around me appreciates their value.... Neither I am in a place to do seva on one, unfortunately.

Ravjeet Singh
Or if one has the knowledge of binding they can bring unbinded angs of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee's angs from India and bind it here in the west. Is that possible? because I can understand that Gursikhs would not feel comfortable putting the full binded sroop of Guru Jee's sroop in a techi/suit case.
Senchia tend to be smaller in size tho...
SGPC only prints lareevar saroops IF an order is placed with them( though they may have printed ones kept in stock, I assume). Getting printed ones but unbinded, will require you to talk to Singhs in SGPC to help you out on that.This option can also be considered but you will need to speak to people responsible, preferably, influental ones...thats the only way to get things done there. (PM me for more info)
Talking to elders in Amritsar and Mallianwale, one will also need to seperate the unbinded saroop into 2-3 parts(just like senchia) if you are going to travel by Air. The elder Singhs made it clear, that there should be no smoking and meat eating around you when you travel with senchia/ unbinded parts of SGGS by Air. I also think it will require atleast 2 people to bring an unbinded pages of SGGS.

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login