ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Haqiqat Ye (Poem/Sher/Ghazal)

Posted by jaskirat 
Haqiqat Ye (Poem/Sher/Ghazal)
November 15, 2012 04:05AM
Without Waheguru's will this would have not been possible. I am still learning and there is long way to go. Pardon for any mistakes.

Koi Baad Mein Jeetein Hain, Koi Aab Mein Jeetein Hain,
Haqiqat Ye, Sab Tere Naam Ke Aaftaab Se Jeetein Hain,

Ahal-e-Duniyaa To Maya Mein Majnoon Deewani Ho Gayi,
Haqiqat Ye, Ki Teri Junoon-e-Parastish Nahi Jana Koi,

Tujhse Dast-bar-Daari Kar Maula Kahan Ja Raha Hai Ye Zamana,
Haqiqat Ye, Hai Tera He Ranga Hua Raaz-e-Gardish-e-Mastaanaa,

Aalam-e-Hastii Kehti Hai Kalyug Mein Tera Hayaat-e-Wajood Nahi Hai,
Haqiqat Ye, Tujhe Talaashne Ki Intahaa-e-Shauq Tak Koi Talaashta Nahi Hai.

Urdu Word Meanings

Baad = Air/Wind
Aab = Water
Aaftaab = Sun
Haqiqat = Reality
Ahal-e-Duniyaa = People of world
Majnoon = Insane
Junoon-e-Parastish = Madness of Worship
Dast-bar-Daari = Abandonment
Raaz-e-Gardish-e-Mastaanaa = Secret Cycle Of Madness
Aalam-e-Hastii = Existence Of World
Hayaat-e-Wajood = Existence Of Entity
Intahaa-e-Shauq = Limits Of Desire
Talaash = Search

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Excellent effort. Thanks for using Urdu words that I have not seen in a long time:

Junoon-e-Parastish = Madness of Worship

Heard the word Parastish after long time. What a beautiful word it is. Even though Parastish means worship and Ibaadat also means worship but there is a suble difference between Ibaadat and Parastish that I can't remember at this time. Yousaf Sahib, my Urdu/Farsi ustad had mentioned this to me about 20-22 years ago but I can't remember the difference now.

Koi Baad Mein Jeetein Hain, Koi Aab Mein Jeetein Hain,
Haqiqat Ye, Sab Tere Naam Ke Aaftaab Se Jeetein Hain,

Indeed, Aftab Vaheguru is the source of life of all lives. My memory with the word "Aftaab" is very old. My younger Mama jee's name was Aftab Singh. It sounded like Avtar Singh since this is a more common Sikh name. I asked my grandmother as to what Aftab Singh meant. She was the one who told me that Aftaab means sun and Mehtaab means moon. While Mehtab Singh has been a common name within Sikhs, Aftab Singh did not catch on.

Aab - This word too I learned early in my life. I was a child and wondered what was the meaning of Punjab. One of my elders explained that it means Punj+Aab = 5 Aab = 5 Rivers. I only knew two rivers of Punjab because when we used to travel from Ludhiana to Amritsar Sahib, we used to first cross Sutlej and then Beas. At that time I learned that the other 3 rivers of Punjab were left in Pakistan. These 3 rivers are - Ravi, Chenaab and Jhelum. Ravi is the river where Siri Guru Arjun Dev jee left His human body. Chenab and Jhelum rivers are often associated with the famous folk love tales of Punjab.

Baad: I learned this word, when I heard the shayer of Faiz Ahmed Faiz, the legendary leftist poet of Pakistan - Gulon mein Rang Bhare, Baad-e-Naubahaar chale. Chale bhi Aayo ke Gulshan ka Karobaar chale. Baad means air and Baada means liquor. Baad in Des-Bhasha (Indian languages) means debate or argument.

Kulbir Singh
Re: Haqiqat Ye (Poem/Sher/Ghazal)
November 15, 2012 10:19PM
Bhai Sahib Kulbir Singh Jeeo, thank you for sharing your memories and experiences. It provides inspiration for budding ones like me.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login