Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guidance

Posted by Blue Army 
Guidance
November 07, 2012 05:37AM
Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh

Sangat Jee,

Daas does my Sukhmani Sahib Paath daily split into 3-4 parts.
Sometimes 6 Ashthpadees and Sometimes 8 during the course of the day.
My question is, can other baanees still be incorporated between the breaks.
For example, after 12 Ashthpadees, can daas do Deenan Kee Pritpaal Savaiiye?

Sojee baksho jee.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Guidance
November 07, 2012 11:33AM
According to tradition all of Sukhmani Sahib should be recited during Amrit Vela ( refer to Suraj Parkaash, and Gurbilas).
Many Gurmukhs say reciting this bani leads to successful breaths of naam jaap through out the day because there are 24 thousands words in this bani, and generally speaking man has 2400 breaths so it makes sense to recite all of this bani in the beginning of the day . So our whole day is a success of naam abhyiaas. YOu can divide the bani through out the day but you wont receive the same benefit.

In regards to bani such as Deenen Ke pritpal Kareh Nit ( gurooooooooo) this bani is generally recited after Sravag Sudh Samoo ( twav prasaad) bani. Refer to Bhai Daya SIngh Jis rehatnama
November 07, 2012 12:08PM
here are previous threads

Abhiyaas&ardaas

SukhmaniPaaths

Chota veer
November 07, 2012 01:48PM
Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh

Thanks for the reply Singho!

Daas understands that this path should ideally be finished in one shot, preferably during amritvela. But on the odd day, due to circumstances, daas will split it into 3-4 parts, once again, each part containing 6 or 8 Ashthpadees. My question was and remains that can I read other smaller Baaniaan, that are smaller or daas has kanth in the middle, or should I be waiting until Sukhmani Saheb is complete before doing any other paath, be it something as small as Basant Kee Vaar? On these unfortunate days, Sukhmani Saheb sometimes does not finish before trikaalaan (Evening Sodar Time). If I can do other paath in the middle, I can make use of the time. If not, then I will be waiting until Sodar time to move onto other paths.

Is it considered wrong or beadbee of gurbanee to start another paath while leaving another unfinished? Please guide on this specific obstacle.

PS: Bhai Sukhdeep Singh jeeo, daas's personal belief is, doing sampooran nitnem before I do other Baanees, including Deenan Kee Savaiye, Shabad Hazaare and other common baanees Singhs do in the middle of Nitnem. Although I believe there is nothing wrong in doing other baaniaa in there. It's a personal preference.
November 07, 2012 02:53PM
Personally I wouldnt advise it, but I dont think its beadbi to recite banis in between a bani. Most people advise to recite Sri Sukhmani Sahib in one sitting, but if time doesnt permit there is no harm in dividing the bani throughout the day.

I agree one should do Nitnem as advised by the Panj. WHen I took Amrit the Panj told me five banis include ( Sri Japji Sahib, Sri Jaap Sahib, Twav Prasaad, Kabyo Bach Benti, and ANand Sahib). They did not tell me the exact length of twav prasaad so I have no quarrels with reciting according to the tradition of Bhai Daya Singh Ji. Each of the ten verses come from the same bani Sri Akal Ustat so there is no harm.
November 07, 2012 09:43PM
Dhanvaad Bhai Sahib Jee
November 08, 2012 06:40AM
BlueArmy Bhai Sahib
Daas understands that this path should ideally be finished in one shot, preferably during amritvela. But on the odd day, due to circumstances, daas will split it into 3-4 parts, once again, each part containing 6 or 8 Ashthpadees. My question was and remains that can I read other smaller Baaniaan, that are smaller or daas has kanth in the middle, or should I be waiting until Sukhmani Saheb is complete before doing any other paath, be it something as small as Basant Kee Vaar? On these unfortunate days, Sukhmani Saheb sometimes does not finish before trikaalaan (Evening Sodar Time). If I can do other paath in the middle, I can make use of the time. If not, then I will be waiting until Sodar time to move onto other paths.

When you divide the bani, you are doing just like a sehaj paath, do an small ardaas for completing the paath for the day during Sohila Sahib, if you cant do it during Rehraas ardaas.Just keeping doing what you are doing, and if in doubt ask just ask the Singhs you do Sangat with, you have a good sangat already.

Chota veer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login