ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਧੰਨ ਜੀਓ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਚਿੱਤ ਮੈ ਜੁਧੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
Today marks the death anniversary of Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji. Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji was the Gurmukh who avenged the deaths of thousands of victims who were massacred by the tyrant Indra Gandhi. The title “Shaheed” is a great honor given by the panth. By becoming shaheed, Bhai Beant Singh joined the ranks of other Gurmukhs such as Shaheed Bhai Mati Das, Shaheed Bhai Sati Das, Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh JI, Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh, Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji, etc. According to the Abrahamic faiths a Shaheed ( martyr ) is someone who bears witness to the truth. However, in Sikhi the definition of Shaheed is distinct from the Abrahmic faiths.

One day a Gursikh approached Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji and asked “ True King, who is known as a Shaheed? Unravel how such people receive liberation. ” Sri Guru Ji laughed and replied “ Dear Sikh, you ask a very confidential ( secret) question. I always stay in the presence of my Sikh, and I always protect the honor of my servants”. Sri Guru Ji further explained this dark age is full of darkness ( sin), and I always help my Sikhs carry across this darkness. Whoever so obeys my Hukums ( orders) and accepts them as true then my secret army (Shahhed Fauj) will always be on the side of that Sikh.

Sri Guru Ji then said whichever Sikh warrior who has full faith will be carried across this worldly ocean; however, he who is without faith will remain entangled in the cycle of births and deaths. Meaning that Gursikh who has full faith in Sri Guru Jis hukums will come into this world and experience it as a play, they will not get affected by the sorrows of this world. They will not be concerned with comforts of this world. They will view their coming into this world as a mere sojourn. Such people leave this world without any regret however, those who lack faith will face reincarnation over and over.

Sri Guru Ji then said those righteous Sikhs who come into this world to witness this world play and perform sublime actions such as martyrdom will always stay in my company. From the divine realms I will always intervene and guide them in this physical world. Celestial beings from the next world are subordinate to the demands of the martyrs. I stand above them and wait for them in the next world.

So in Sikhi a Shaheed is someone who accepts the Gurus Hukums ( orders) as true. They came in this world to experience the worldly play ( drama) and they don’t hesitate to offer their lives for a just cause. Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji was such a soul who despite being young, having a good job did not hesitate to offer his life to the Guru.

ਧੰਨ ਜੀਓ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਚਿੱਤ ਮੈ ਜੁਧੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥ ਦੇਹ ਅਨਿੱਤ ਨ ਨਿੱਤ ਰਹੈ ਜਸੁ ਨਾਵ ਚੜੈ ਭਵਸਾਗਰ ਤਾਰੈ ॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login