ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurpurab dates and ideas of celebrating!

Posted by Bhawan Gill 
Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh jio,

My humble request to Sangat jio to please share all the Gurpurab dates with possible description. It would be better if someone can share/create a pdf or a picture including all of them.

And Sangat jeo, please share your ideas or experience of celebrating Gurpurab at the most to receive full kirpa of Guru Sahib jeo. I am looking for ideas for a single wants to enjoy at most without having fortune of Sangat.
or
Please give a structured plan,so that one wouldn't lose vigour and can concentrate all day long Chanting on Naam and Shabad and Paths.

I feel really sorry that I don't remember them all and it been big misfortune that I had not been celebrating them except some of them.

May Guru Sahib jee bless everyone with fortune of celebration!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Please Anyone!

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji,Jasjit singh ji,Sukhdeep singh ji,Vista jeo
please shed some light on Gurpurb celebration!

ਇੱਕਲੇ ਇੱਕਲੇ ਲਾਹੇ ਲੈ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹੋ,ਕੁਝ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਗਰੀਬਾ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਲੈ ਲੈਣ ਦਿਉ, ਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਮਨਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਸੂਝ ਸਿਖ੍ਲਾਉਣੀ ਕਰੋ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ।

ਕੋਈ ਬਹਾਨਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਲਣਾ ਜੀ ਹਥ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਹੈ ਜੀ।sad smiley
Vaheguru! I was going to respond to this post soon. It's been a hectic day.

Gurpurabs, especially the 10 Avtaar Purabs, 2 Shaheedi Purabs, 1 Gurgaddi Divas, Bandi Chhor Divas and Khalsa Sirjana Divas all should be celebrated with as much Shardha, Pyaar and dedication as possible. Here's what we have been doing, by the Kirpa of Guru Sahib:

1. Siri Akhand Paath Sahib and Akhand Kirtan is the best way to celebrate any Gurpurab.
2. On the day of Gurpurab, the history of the event and Guru Sahib should be studied and contemplated.
3. Poems related to the event or Guru Sahib should be written in love and devotion.
4. Degh should be made that day for sure and in Hazoori of Guru Sahib, Kirtan should be done and Ardaas performed.

At this time, I am short on time. Will try to write more during the weekdays, if Guru Sahib does Kirpa.

Kulbir Singh
ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਉਸ ਤਰਾ ਦੇ specific ਸਬਦ ਜੋ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਂ ਉਸ ਮਹੱਲ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਸਮਬੰਧਿਤ ਹਨ,please share them, ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਵਧ ਤੋਂ ਵਧ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਕੰਠਾਗਰ ਕਰ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਮਨਾਉਣ ਲਈ ਤਿਆਰੀ ਕੀਤੀ ਜਾ ਸਕੇ। ਆਸਾ ਕੁਝ ਇਸ ਤਰਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ, ਕੁਝ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਕੰਠ ਹੋਣ ਹਰ ਇਕ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਤੇ ਸਾਰਾ ਦਿਨ ਗਾਵੰਦੇ ਰਹੀਏ ਪਿਆਰ ਵਿਚ ਤੇ ਫਿਰ ਨਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਮੁੱਕਣੇ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਸਰੂਰ ਸੁੱਕਣੇ।ਪਿਤਾ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ ਪੁਰਬ ਹੋਵੇ ਤੇ ਪੁਤ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਨਾ ਗਾਵੇ ਤੇ ਜੇ ਗਾਵੇ ਫਿਰ pdf ਤੋਂ ਇਹ ਗਲ ਗਵਾਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਜੀ।ਸੋ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ ਕਿ ਸਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਤੇ ਸਮਬੰਧਿਤ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸਾਂਝੇ ਕਰੋ ਜੀ।

Bhai Kulbir Singh, I really appreciate your ideas are worth,but we need more, I hope you will share ideas of celebration for a single.
Please provide the schedule for the Gurpurbs.

Here is one I can think of, We can recite Shabads like this on Parkaash purab of Dhan Guru Raamdaas jee Maharaaj-
ਸੰਤਹੁ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਸਰੋਵਰੁ ਨੀਕਾ॥ਜੋ ਨਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਕੁਲੁ ਤਰਾਵੈ ਉਧਾਰੁ ਹੋਆ ਹੈ ਜੀਅ ਕਾ॥
ਰਾਮਦਾਸਿ ਸਰੋਵਰ ਨਾਤੇ ॥ਸਬ ਲਾਥੇ ਪਾਪ ਕਮਾਤੇ ॥2

But,problem is,I just knew few of them. So Everybody,please share even any single shabad you can think of,that would be so kind of you.
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> Gurpurabs, especially the 10 Avtaar Purabs, 2
> Shaheedi Purabs, 1 Gurgaddi Divas, Bandi Chhor
> Divas and Khalsa Sirjana Divas all should be
> celebrated with as much Shardha, Pyaar and
> dedication as possible.

Virji, please include Hola Mahalla and First Parkash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji also in the list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login