ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronounciation of aunkar at the end letter Haha?

Posted by Harmeet Singh 
I am trying to find an easy way to explain kids about aunkar pronounciation at the end letter Haha. I know there are some complex rules about knowing when Haha is being used as vowel and hence its pronounciation would be very different. Is there an easy way as a starting point for the kids?

I was thinking of teaching like:

1. aunkarh to last letter haha when the word is noun or an adjective should be silent (e.g. rah(u), paatshah(u) etc.)
2. aunkarh to last letter haha when the word is verb should always sound as hora (e.g. khaavh(u) etc.)
3. aunkarh to last letter haha when preceeding haha should always sound as naaski hora (e.g. muhh(u) etc.)

What are the other simplified rules for aunkarh to last letter haha (e.g. whether haha is used as vowel and hence aunkarh should be pronounced accordingly)?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
There are different thoughts of school on Gurbani Uchaaran. We can only talk about what we have learned from Gursikhs. Normally, the Aunkad on haaha at the end of nouns is not pronounced e.g. Veparvaho is pronounced Veparvaah. Aunkad at the end of Haaha of verbs is pronounced e.g. Kaho, Raho, Aavho, Gaavho etc.

If Guru Sahib Wills, a detailed article on this subject will be written in the future.

Kulbir Singh
I had the chance of talking to Bhai Sadhu Singh (Bapu Jee) Pictured below. We talked for quite a while, and even now he is here for the entire week for Smagam in Vancouver, and I get the chance to talk to him about Gurbani Viakaarn. He is quite learned and has a lot of knowledge of not just Gurbani but other subjects as well. He has taught me a great deal of Viakarn in the few short days I have done sangat with him. I hope to learn a lot more this entire week.

gsingh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is quite
> learned and has a lot of knowledge of not just
> Gurbani but other subjects as well. He has taught
> me a great deal of Viakarn in the few short days I
> have done sangat with him. I hope to learn a lot
> more this entire week.

Gagan Jee, very good opportunity for you. Please document all the learnings during Samagam and present it in a brief post/article for the benefit of Sangat.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
bhai sadhu singh ji behwalpur near kot fatuhi
ਬੰਪ smiling bouncing smiley

Respected veers & bhaens,

In this shabad, should ALL the aunkars at the end of each pangti be silent or just some?

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ਘਰੁ ੧

ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਵਰਤਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਅਪਾਹੁ ||
ਵਣਜਾਰਾ ਜਗੁ ਆਪਿ ਹੈ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਵਣਜੁ ਵਾਪਾਰੀਆ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਸਚੁ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ ||੧||
ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਲਾਹ ||
ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਤੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਅਗਮ ਅਥਾਹ || ਰਹਾਉ ||
ਆਪੇ ਸੁਣਿ ਸਭ ਵੇਖਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲੇ ਆਪਿ ਮੁਹਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਉਝੜਿ ਪਾਇਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪਿ ਵਿਖਾਲੇ ਰਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਸਭੁ ਆਪਿ ਹੈ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ||੨||
ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਉਪਾਇਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਸਿਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਧੰਧੜੈ ਲਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪਿ ਕਰਾਏ ਸਾਖਤੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪਿ ਮਾਰੇ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਪਤਣੁ ਪਾਤਣੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਪਾਰਿ ਲੰਘਾਹੁ ||੩||
ਆਪੇ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਬੋਹਿਥਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਖੇਵਟੁ ਆਪਿ ਚਲਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਚੜਿ ਲੰਘਦਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਕਰਿ ਚੋਜ ਵੇਖੈ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ||
ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੈ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਖਸਿ ਮਿਲਾਹੁ ||੪||੧||

bhai sadhu singh ji behwalpur near kot fatuhi

Is this Behwalpur village same as that of the legendary Shaheed - Bhai Dhanna Singh Behwalpuri?

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login