ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Donating Blood

Posted by The Martyred Ghost 
Donating Blood
September 20, 2012 08:43AM
I wanted to get the sangat's opinion on Blood Donation. I have been actively donating blood for the past 3 years, so that it can be used in hospitals etc. I go every 6 months at various clinics, and donate blood. The nurses say I have very healthy blood and urge me to come out every time. Please guide me, and help me understand if there is anything wrong or anti-gurmat with what I am doing. Out of the countless bad karams I do, I find this, one small way to redeem myself. But I won't do it at the sake of violating gurmat. Please do not turn this into a debate. The whole needle/sucham issue is what I would like to clear up. If more information is needed, please ask.

Have a good day.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Donating Blood
September 20, 2012 07:22PM
first of all, I suggest to you to choose a better username because this could be the main reason why no one is replying to you. its ok if u want to hide behind a fake I.d., but a one that sounds ridiculously terrible such as urs shud not b used becuz no one will take u seriously.

secondly, there's nothing wrong with donating the blood. it's just all based on personal choice. I personally wouldn't because I don't like needles becuz it hurts like no tomorrow! im scared of needles tongue sticking out smiley
September 20, 2012 09:19PM
really funny name lol
September 23, 2012 02:44AM
veer ji, this is common for many Gursikhs.

In West Yorkshire, the NHS bring a blood donation bus to local gurdwaras and most of the sangat donate blood.

In addition, many Gursikhs are registered on the organ donation register.

When the soul leaves the body, the body is just a vessel. If it is of value to any other human being, then that is seva.
September 24, 2012 09:56PM
I'm sorry I chose such a ridiculous name. I couldn't think of anything better. I will not post again using this account. However, thank you for answering my question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login