ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help please.

Posted by iKaur 
Need some help please.
September 18, 2012 02:03AM
I have a friend that lately I've been out of touch with for a couple of years. Last time I spoke to her, she was amritdhari and would usually come to most jatha smagams, gurdwara sahib, etc. I recently got in touch with her again through a social networking site and she has changed her views completely. I haven't spoken to her directly, but I can see from the things she posts, that she is following something called pure bhakti. I have less than zero knowledge on (almost everything) but especially on other religions, if that's what this is. Some of it is direct quotes from gurbani taken completely out of context and applied to connections with strange sounding Hindu names. Does anybody know anything about this? What are their beliefs? What's their association (for lack of a better word) with Sikhi? I know it's not associated, but I mean why are they using gurbani tuks? To top it all off, she is also indirectly related to bhai sahib bhai Randhir Singh jee.

Finally, if someone knows enough about this and wants to help me talk to her (I have no idea where to begin), I would really appreciate it because it has made me so sad to see this change in her. Thank you jee.

--
ਮੇਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਥੋਰੀ ਰਾਮ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Need some help please.
September 18, 2012 06:48AM
Bhenji can you please get a concise list of what she believes in now? And how does her new belief system distort the meanings of Gurbani?
September 18, 2012 06:41PM
Some of the things she's posted:

"Revealing quote from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji" followed by a picture of Eik krishnan sarab deva line from akv with the searchgurbani.com translation saying 'The one lord Kirshna is the divine lord of all'. (imho, this translation is incorrect because it doesn't match with the punjabi translation)

Someone posted this on her page: Ravi das ji sings about Sri Madhava as "sagal bhavan ke nayaka ......" and Mira Bhai declares to all "Mira ke prabhu giridhara nagara, bhajana bina nara phiko" & Sri Guru Amerdas ji says" tudh bhaju samrath KO-ie nahi kripa kare banvaria" so who is Sagal bhavana ka nayaka/ who is Giridhari / who is Banvari? He is vrajangana-su-nayakam sada sukha-pradayakam / Hagan-manah pralobhanam namami nanda-nandanam - namami nanda nandanam - namni - nanda nandanam .............
And the response she gave was this: Further, in "Bhatta de svaiye": waheguru waheguru waheguru wahe jio, kaval nain madhur bain kot sain sang sobh kehat maa Yasoda jise dahi bhaat khahe jio... He who has beautiful lotus eyes, sweet speech, is engaged in performing loving pastimes with millions of His eternal associates and is fed kheer by His loving mother Yasoda...He is Waheguru...Vrajendra-nandana-syamasundara...SGGS pg 1402

The same person posted "Ik du jeebho" paurhi from Jap Ji Sahib on her page and her response was "I'm going to re-post this with the Gurmukhi transliterated so everyone can read and be inspired to offer this sweet prayer at the lotus feet of Sri Madhava"

Some of the quotes she posts are from something called 'Sri Rupa Manjari Pada' (Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura), so that's probably what they follow? It seems like some kind of Hinduism sect to me.

sad smiley

--
ਮੇਰੀ ਮਤਿ ਥੋਰੀ ਰਾਮ
September 18, 2012 08:22PM
Due to this post daas recalls 2 important points which Brahmgyani used to tell :

1. In present time (21st century digital scientific age) newly initiated young Amritdhari Gursikhs needs to be taken care of in a similar way we protect Tender Plants from being grazed by animals till the time they become tree.

Parents, Family and Friend should do their best to protect them from getting distracted and fall to path of Patit. Kalyug or Maya attack the Gursikh taking baby steps becoz they are easy targets. They need to be protected till the time their baby step feets becomes firm in Sikhi.

2. The risk is not limited to Gursikhs in Kindergarten (new Amritdhari Gursikhs) but risk is also there for Gursikhs who are on verge of Graduation (Higher Awastha Gursikhs on verge of opening Dasam Duar).

The Kalyug or Maya may take Roop of our Gurus and may Manifest in any of our 10 Gurus Swaroop or Saheed Singhs and distract Gursikhs to some other path. This is such a Dangerous Affair and I was thrilled when I heard of such thing for 1st time in my life.

Kalyug or Maya chase Gursikhs till 3rd Padhavi. Hence Gursikh should always be in Ardaas that Waheguru save me from all such distraction and "Apna Naam Deyo".

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login