ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rehansabhi Smagams

Posted by ns44 
Rehansabhi Smagams
September 17, 2012 09:39PM
Guru pyare Jeeos,

Please share your experiences of samgams - of course every smagam has Keertan being sung by pyare keertanyias, but what I'm after is how and when smagams changed you as a person. Sometimes the influence can be a MASSIVE.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee in his works has written that a keertan smagam realigns ones mind to the centre of Gurbani.One can reach a certain avastha -a certain stage.

Never has been so many samgams going in the western hemisphere before and they are beautiful. We are so fortunate to have veers/bhens who record smagams on video /mp3/audio. One can search thru go back and get that special feeling one had and it rejunates- realigns- the vigour of naam simran - the pyar in which keertan has been sung easily gets one absorbed.

Not so recently I was at a smagam where one Gursikh bhora lost all consciuousness - , sangat didn't disturb him just the Gursikh sitting behind him held his head on his laps- let him be - till he came back after some time. When the smagam was finished - every other Gursikh I spoke to mentioned today we're really in sachkand today, really felt it.

So Strange some smagams have a real influence - I do remember Bhai Rama Jee mentioning when I asked him of this feeling - that it's the sooksham Gursikh roohan that are also present also in the smagam.

Gursikhs who after a smagam decided this is it - going to take amrit - vowed it - then did it.

Issue is the mind needs repittion as it behaves in a repitive manner i.e. repeating the thoughts over and over influences certain behaviour/Habits, when one is consisitently attending smagams - GurBani is piercing the mind,heart with diffrent arrows everytime pushing it beyond imagination.

please share further experiences.

Please share further experiences.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login