ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ or ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ

Posted by sikh.learner 
Today I went to a Gurdwara controlled by Nihang Singhs and I saw a Nihang Singh doing simran of ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ. Is this correct ? Is the gurmantar ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ or ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
SIKH.LEARNER Ji,

I would suggest you to first confirm from Gurbaanee what is Gurmantra?
After this I am sure you will get the answer for this.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga

I would suggest you to first confirm from Gurbaanee what is Gurmantra?
After this I am sure you will get the answer for this.

Could you please shed light as to what Gurmantr is according to Gurbani?

Kulbir Singh
As far as I understand from Gurbanee one do not find any message to confirm that Gurmantra
is the word WahguruorWaheguru.

However from one of the Vaars of Bhai Gurdas ji one can understand the word Waheguru as
gur Ka sabadu.

I may be rectified if any mistake in understanding so.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga

As far as I understand from Gurbanee one do not find any message to confirm that Gurmantra
is the word WahguruorWaheguru.

If as per your above statement, there is no message to confirm the Gurmantr from Gurbani, then why did you ask the original poster to check Gurbani to find out what Gurmantr is?

Do you have faith in the Gurmat Naam or Gurmantr that is given at the time of receiving Khanday dee Pahul?

If you don't think Gurmantr is Vaheguru (as confirmed by Bhai Gurdaas jee) then what do you think is Gurmat Naam or Gurmantr?

Please excuse for the personal question - Are you an Amritdhari person (have you taken Khanday Pahul of Khalsa Panth)? This question is important because you provide guidance to the readers of this forum through your posts. If a person is not an Amritdhari and as such has not adopted the Khalsa Panth, then such person cannot provide any spiritual guidance to Gursikhs.

Kulbir Singh
VEER KULBIR SINGH JI,
I am surprised to find how confusing views sometimes are presented by your goodself
the example is

If as per your above statement, there is no message to confirm the Gurmantr from Gurbani,

Where did I say there is no Gurmantra in Gurbanee.?

You have not been sincere in presenting my full views. This is not expected from a person of your calibre as I have understood
you from your various posts.

2..Do you have faith in the Gurmat Naam or Gurmantr that is given at the time of receiving Khanday dee Pahul?

I have full faith what is given at the time of receiving Khanday dee Pahul and that has been refered as GuROO SABADu (Not gurmat Naam or Gurmantra)
that is how I have understood.

3..What Bhai Gurdas Ji is saying it requires sincere understanding .That is what I feel. It becomes total deviation when
someone presents the views of Bhai Gurdass ji in his own ways.as is usually done.
Bhai Gurdas ji is always very correct there should be no doubt in this.

4..I dont answer pesonal Questions . I believe A Gursikh is A Gursikh only and I have great respect for every Gursikh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga
How can a person who has not taken khandey di paul be a Gursikh?

Bagga ji,

Please clarify! your statements are very confusing.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki fateh
Please someone answer "Sikh Learner Jees" question also.

Sikh Learner Jee, with full faith and respect every word in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee is Gurmantar (atleast for me I just need to earn Paras Gyan to decode).

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ - appears in Gurbani so it is Gurmantar for me.
ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ - I have not seen appearning in Gurbani so it is not Gurmantar for me.

I may have made many mistakes on what I said above. I myself is also a Sikh Learner, so please correct.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
JASKIRAT Ji,
I refer to the message of your post as
ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ - I have not seen appearning in Gurbani so it is not Gurmantar for me

But you can see that the word ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ is very much there in Gurbanee as is clear from
this quote from Gurbaanee

ਸੇਵਕ ਕੈ ਭਰਪੂਰ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਰਾ ਸਭੁ ਸਦਕਾ ॥ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਕਹਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ ਕੋਊ ਤੂ ਕਦ ਕਾ ॥ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਸਿਰੇ ਤੈ ਅਗਨਤ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਮੋਹੁ ਭਯਾ ਮਨ ਮਦ ਕਾ
pp1403 SGGS ji

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.S.Bagga
so sad that there is so much confusion in the Panth these days sad smiley...
JASPREET SINGH Ji,

Discussions and deliberations are always good for imrovement in better understanding of

Gurbaanee and this can be very useful in ellimination of confusions if any are there.

But this should be carried on with sincerity rather than taking the views as against our

already existing norms of understanding.

This is the era of immense opporunity of positive interactions.for achieving unified code of

understanding of Gurbaanee which is grossly missing.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga
prakash.s.bagga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JASKIRAT Ji,
> I refer to the message of your post as
> ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ - I have not seen appearning
> in Gurbani so it is not Gurmantar for me
>
>
> But you can see that the word
> ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ is very much there in
> Gurbanee as is clear from
> this quote from Gurbaanee
>
> ਸੇਵਕ ਕੈ ਭਰਪੂਰ ਜੁਗੁ
> ਜੁਗੁ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਤੇਰਾ
> ਸਭੁ ਸਦਕਾ ॥
> ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਦਾ
> ਸਲਾਮਤਿ ਕਹਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ
> ਕੋਊ ਤੂ ਕਦ ਕਾ ॥
> ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਸਿਰੇ
> ਤੈ ਅਗਨਤ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਮੋਹੁ
> ਭਯਾ ਮਨ ਮਦ ਕਾ
> pp1403 SGGS ji
>
> Bhul Chuk Maaf
>
> Daas
>
> Prakash.S.Bagga

Baba Prakash Jee, Thank you for teaching me one more lesson.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Prakash S Bagga
Discussions and deliberations are always good for imrovement in better understanding of

Gurbaanee and this can be very useful in ellimination of confusions if any are there.

But this should be carried on with sincerity rather than taking the views as against our

already existing norms of understanding.

This is the era of immense opporunity of positive interactions.for achieving unified code of

understanding of Gurbaanee which is grossly missing.

The basics of Gurmat, the hukam given to us by Guru of taking *Khandey Dee Paul* doesn't change whatever discussions we may getinto.

Learning Gurbanee is a life long process and we should learn from Guru and not preceive things from our rambling mind.

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਤੂੰ ਲੇਹਿ ਇਆਨੇ ॥
Take the Guru's advice, you ignorant fool;
ਭਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਬਹੁ ਡੂਬੇ ਸਿਆਨੇ ॥
without devotion, even the clever have drowned.

Its an established fact that Gurmantar given by Guru is ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ. One should try not to follow his/her rambling mind and deviate from Gurus Hukam.

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa
Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh
maha_paapi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Learning Gurbanee is a life long process and we
> should learn from Guru and not preceive things
> from our rambling mind.
>

Very true - however i think it's more than just one life long process - it could well be many a life term processes

Guru sahibhan took 270 odd years and gave us dhan SGGS - for us to merely understand all in one life form is a massive understatement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login