ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking amrit

Posted by guptbabbar84 
Taking amrit
August 26, 2012 01:36PM
Vaheguroo jee

Guru sahib has done kirpa on blessing this daas for about 7 years, and recently i've been thinking of an issue that has presented itself before me numerous times, the Paanj Pyaare rejected an abhilaakhee because he/she is married and their partner isn't willing to take amrit. no one has ever told me why they do this, why is the person rejected a chance to present their head to guru sahib, just because someone else wants to screw up their life? is this person supposed to risk 8 400 000 life forms just because someone else screwed it up for them?

my moms friends sister went to an amritsanchaar this year, and got rejected, her husband was a drunkard, didn't want to get into sikhi. unfortunately for the poor lady, she met her end in an accident just three weeks ago. she will have to go through all those life forms again, this year was her fourth time presenting herself to pesh (at a jatha amrit sanchaar, twice).

all i want to know is the reason as to why this rule applies.

daas
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Taking amrit
August 26, 2012 03:57PM
Babbar Ji,

You are taking this maryada out of proportion. The rule is not written in stone, and there are always exceptions. If the person pleas strong enough and explain the conflict they will make exceptions. Some times panj will even come to the persons house and discuss the issue with the doubtful spouse.

Its very difficult to keep rehat unless spouse is willing. In addition, its very difficult to have a good marriage if one person is amritdhari and the other person is not. What kind of relationship will you have if you cannot even eat from your spouse. Also, its the Panj Pyaareys duty to not give Amrit to a person who is married and their spouse is not Amritdhari, because its a bajjar kurehit to have relations with a spouse who is not amritdhari. SImply put its panj pyaareys duty to safeguard the rehat of sacred relations.
August 26, 2012 06:21PM
Vaheguroo Jee,
Think of it in my perspective situation as well Jio..
My only child, daughter, goes to church, my siblings whom she lives with prays to deities alongside Guru Nanak Dev Ji's photo..rings bells for hindu deities, listen to Sikh Path, goes to mandir Gurdwara, church, and hang a cross in their car they say so jesu lokh discriminate na karey)..
With my little knowledge of Gursikhi, and what I learnt from AKJ.org, and GurmatBibek, along with Guru Jio coming in my dreams, singing to me in ears, heart when I feel hopelessly lazy to face another day..I took Amrit from AKJ/ GurmatBibek at Dixie Gurdwara, hall no 5..Punj asked if I sure I could abide to Gurmat, and get up when Guru Ji wants me? I admitted my weakness with sleep, but went ahead with Amrit Sinchar. 2 days later as I was getting ready for bed @ midnight, felt shaking of mattress (i sleep on floor), then got up and did Simran as taught at Amrit Sinchar..WAHO Waho..Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Prakash going on within me while I was awake..
My weakness with sleep got worse, i lost Amritvela, though He still show me that He is Ang Sangey...and I assume regain blessings (or death for forsaking Gurmat) while I attempt to win His mercy to bring my daughter at least back to Sikhi..
Or suffer fate of lady in accident...as crows that never used to be around, croaks loudly whenever I am late waking up..
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh
August 26, 2012 09:14PM
Vaheguroo jee,

Thank you for your explanations, you have helped a lot.

Daas
August 27, 2012 07:06AM
KS jee,

Do not ever give up on your sikhi. Do ardaasa to guru sahib jeeo.. and he surely will bless you. Amrit vela is the time where you can get away from all your dukThis world is all dukh. Only gursikhi is sukh. When guru sahib wills your daughter will also come back to sikhi. Pray to guru sahib..do ardaas to guru sahib the giver..You won't suffer the fate of lady who had the accident. You have guru sahib with you. So satguru pyaara mere naal hai.. jithai kithai mano layae chadayee. Think of this line whenever you feel troubled. Do ardaas ask for forgiveness for missing amrit vela. Guru mere sang sada hai nalai.. Guru sahib loves his children... guru sahib is your father. .and he always loves you...and he surely will forgive you for whatever mistakes you have made...

Gupt babbar jee,
I feel like the lady who had a husband for a drunkard.. that lady wanted to take amrit.. she should have separated from her husband a long long time ago. Guru sahib is the only support one needs after amrit and nothing else. She woud have been much better separated. The rules are sacred. They make sense. But people married to drunkards need to get away from them as soon as possible. Its dangerous. Drunkards tend to beat people. So i am assuming she suffered alot. Only guru sahib knows what pain she went through.
August 27, 2012 10:17AM
KS jee,

Har salahe sada sukhdata har baksae bhagat salaha hae
They praise the lord, the giver of peace forever; thel ord forgives his devotees, and blesses them with HIS praise

satguru savih sae jan sachae
those humble beings who serve the true guru are true

jo mar jamih cachan cachae
The falsest of the false die, only to be reborn

agam agochar vaparvaha bhagat vachal athaha hae
The in accessible, unfathomable, self-sufficient, incomprehensible Lord is the lover of devotees...

I hope that helps smiling smiley
August 27, 2012 01:12PM
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh Singhni Bethio Ji,
If only your parents, and cousins knew what a blessing you are to them, because thru you, they will be saved!smiling smiley
Problem with me is my lack of faith in Guru Maharaj's Power, to weaken to distractions (bugs from sink hole in my apartment that crawl up where food is as well at night (so my fridge stores all that it can fit), cigarette smoke/ terribly foul body odor coming from next apartment cause walls so thin, someone coming into my apartment when I am not in..to cause that my cd player to no longer play much needed keertan to keep me going. Then Gurdwara is another issue, with what I have mentioned in post about taking Amrit.
All these problems, is simply due to not living amongst Gursikhs (of Gurmat calibre), as advised by Punj Pyare, and Guru Maharaj himself (in personal Hukamnama), and as I mentioned in my other post as well..how to, when no resources to do so until end next year, sell my comfortable property overseas, to buy own home (hopefully not in kasmey kanieh land, if daughter school scholarship goes thru)..
Guru Maharaj is indeed merciful, bountiful, unlimited, and Gurbani reminds us again and again, to know our real self; which is image of our King Vaheguroo, so for now I remind myself of your quotes/ also what was posted yesterday by RSingh Ji, about not letting 8 hours slip away the blessings while I have it...Vaheguroosvaassvaaswithinmemustgoon!!!!!
JAI JAI JAG KARAN, SRIST UBARAN, MUM PRAT PARAN, JAI TEYGHAN!
Bhul chuk muaf
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh
August 27, 2012 09:25PM
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fatehh

KS aunty jeeo,

You cannot stop having faith in guru ji. That is critical . Everything is in his HUKAM.. When I stop having faith in guru ji.. Its not faith..its true. Guru sahib is there...always.. Guru mere sang sada hai naalae... Just repeat this over and over again. Mera baid guru govinda... Repeat it over and over again..If keertan is not working. Go to sikhitothemax.com.. it has guru granth sahib jee..Just read it.. and just say it over and over again... Its the only way. Life can be so tough at times. Not having sangat can feel terrible. I know how it feels. Trust me. But what I have been told is that these are guru sahib's tests.....
I know you have been through more than me. But only vaheguru ji can help you. And do not weaken your faith no matter what. It puts you through so much suffering. Guru sahib is angsang. He is always there. One more thing.. If you have internet.. than why don't you use youtube.com. Every single keertan from the world is on there. Just type in the name of keertaniya. You will get hours and hours of keertan to keep you going..You don't need cd player..now... smiling smiley

My relatives won't be saved because of me. They will be saved if guru sahib wills them to be saved. I am nobody that anybody listens to. Nobody wants to listen. Ego is blinding... and there is no point in saying anything to a person that isn't going to listen to you. Im just going to focus on my own jeevan. Anger is deafening...... No point in talking to anybody...
Its like everything is so hard... I know.. When you don't have people around you. With those stinky bugs crawling into your food. I hate that..When I find bugs on walls.. I get annoyed. I cannot concentrate either. Everyday I pray to guru sahib to please keep those bugs away from me so I can concentrate. But like I know everything is going to get better. Everything will become better for you too...

jwsu jpq BY Apdw trI ]4]1]5]

jaas japath bhai apadhaa ttaree ||4||1||5||

meditating on Him, fear and suffering are dispelled. ||4||1||5||

soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorat(h) mehalaa 5 ||

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:

jnm jnm ky dUK invwrY sUkw mnu swDwrY ]

janam janam kae dhookh nivaarai sookaa man saadhhaarai ||

He dispels the pains of countless incarnations, and lends support to the dry and shrivelled mind.

drsnu Bytq hoq inhwlw hir kw nwmu bIcwrY ]1]

dharasan bhaettath hoth nihaalaa har kaa naam beechaarai ||1||

Beholding the Blessed Vision of His Darshan, one is enraptured, contemplating the Name of the Lord. ||1||

myrw bYdu gurU goivMdw ]

maeraa baidh guroo govi(n)dhaa ||

My physician is the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

hir hir nwmu AauKDu muiK dyvY kwtY jm kI PMDw ]1] rhwau ]

har har naam aoukhadhh mukh dhaevai kaattai jam kee fa(n)dhhaa ||1|| rehaao ||

He places the medicine of the Naam into my mouth, and cuts away the noose of Death. ||1||Pause||

smrQ purK pUrn ibDwqy Awpy krxYhwrw ]

samarathh purakh pooran bidhhaathae aapae karanaihaaraa ||

He is the all-powerful, Perfect Lord, the Architect of Destiny; He Himself is the Doer of deeds.

Apunw dwsu hir Awip aubwirAw nwnk nwm ADwrw ]2]6]34]

apunaa dhaas har aap oubaariaa naanak naam adhhaaraa ||2||6||34||

The Lord Himself saves His slave; Nanak takes the Support of the Naam. ||2||6||34||

Don't ever lose hope...

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki Fateh
August 28, 2012 01:08PM
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsa,
VahegurooJeeKiFateh Singhni Bethio Ji,
Thank-you again!smiling smiley You are so sweet, and funny toosmiling smiley
I know it is all His test, just as all is Him and also, not Him...as Bhai Fauja Singh Jio advised his wife, we have to keep up until the blossoming of our souls will blossom whichever bug full, smelly path we take; to reveal Him in all...TO ALL NON-BELIEVERS..
Let the foolish, confused Sikhs dance merrily to maya in cycles...we will tread the kanio tiki path of Gurbani to LIVE FOR SATNAM VAHEGUROO!
I had a wonderful, happy, and carefree childhood in Singapore, but this 'kasmey kanieh' land has been like a living nightmare for meconfused smiley He must have sent me here for a purpose because I had a dream of using a restroom with not enough privacy (high door, big gaps between cubicle and door), none like I have seen in Singapore, prior to moving here...then when I came here, dream premonition clicked...
Sorry for going off topic...bhul chuk muaf
Sab Gobind Hai, Gobind Bin Nahi Koi!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login