ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beautiful and powerful Hukum of Sri Guru JI

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਮਨ ਮੈਂ ਜਿਹ ਕੋ ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ ਸਭੈ ਜਗੁ ਛਾਇਓ ॥੮॥੨੫੦॥
Sri Akal Ustat

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sukhdeep Singh Jee please make me understand this tukh. What is it saying? I can understand the word for word meaning but I am a little confused. This is just a guess but is it saying

ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਮਨ ਮੈਂ ਜਿਹ ਕੋ ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ ਸਭੈ ਜਗੁ ਛਾਇਓ ॥੮॥੨੫੦॥
Do Dhyaan on Vaheguru in your mann, the same Vaheguru whose ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ(power) pervades all throughout the world.

ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ - ਆਪਣਾ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ
ਤਿਹ ਕੋ - ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਰ
ਮਨ ਮੈਂ - ਆਪਨੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ
ਜਿਹ ਕੋ - ਜਿਸ(ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ) ਦੀ
ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ - ਸ਼ਕਤੀ/ਤਾਕਤ
ਸਭੈ ਜਗੁ ਛਾਇਓ - ਸਾਰੇ ਜੱਗ ਵਿਚ ਛਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ

I am sure I have probably done Anarth of this tukh. But I am still learning.
Veer Ji,

I am still learning and I cannot claim to understand verses. My understanding of these verses are very much similar to yours the only difference is I thought the word AMitoj derives from Amit ( immeasurable ) and does not mean shakti; however, I can be wrong. Personally , believe it means amit for the following reasons.

Sri GUru Ji is telling us to meditate on naam internally ( mann vich). To me naam and charan kamal mean one and the same thing. While charan kamal can be located in the naabh and this is the point of reference during Naam abhyiaas, but still charan kamal is boundless and not bound to one location in the body. As we meditate Naam rises to the heart and eventually completely penetrates our mind that we see its light embodying the whole world. Naam is Nirankar and we can never make it finite or bounded to one location.

Also in the previous verses Sri Guru Ji mentions how nobody could fathom his limits. I should have posted the previous verses earlier.

ਨਾਰਦ ਸੇ ਚਤੁਰਾਨਨ ਸੇ ਰੁਮਨਾਰਿਖ ਸੇ ਸਭ ਹੂੰ ਮਿਲਿ ਗਾਇਓ ॥ ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਨ ਭੇਦ ਲਖਿਓ ਸਭ ਹਾਰ ਪਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਾਥ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥
ਪਾਇ ਸਕੈ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਰ ਉਮਾਪਿਤ ਸਿੱਧ ਸਨਾਥ ਸਨੰਤਨ ਧਿਆਇਓ ॥ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰੋ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਮਨ ਮੈਂ ਜਿਹ ਕੋ ਅਮਿਤੋਜਿ ਸਭੈ ਜਗੁ ਛਾਇਓ ॥੮॥੨੫੦॥
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login