ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help me understand these tukhs

Posted by rsingh 
help me understand these tukhs
August 20, 2012 08:28PM
This is today's hukamnama from Darbar Sahib.

ਸੰਤਹੁ ਮਨ ਪਵਨੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਬਨਿਆ ॥ ਕਿਛੁ ਜੋਗੁ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਗਨਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਗੁਰਿ ਦਿਖਲਾਈ ਮੋਰੀ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਰਗ ਪੜਤ ਹੈ ਚੋਰੀ ॥ ਮੂੰਦਿ ਲੀਏ ਦਰਵਾਜੇ ॥ ਬਾਜੀਅਲੇ ਅਨਹਦ ਬਾਜੇ ॥੧॥ ਕੁੰਭ ਕਮਲੁ ਜਲਿ ਭਰਿਆ ॥ ਜਲੁ ਮੇਟਿਆ ਊਭਾ ਕਰਿਆ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥ ਜਉ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਤਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੨॥੧੦॥

I understand most of this shabad except for the tukhs in bold. Here is the tukhs I am trying to understand.

ਗੁਰਿ ਦਿਖਲਾਈ ਮੋਰੀ ॥

What did Guru Jee show(ਦਿਖਲਾਈ) here?

ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਰਗ ਪੜਤ ਹੈ ਚੋਰੀ ॥

I don't understand this tukh at all. What does tukh mean? what is the word meaning of ਮਿਰਗ, ਪੜਤ, ਚੋਰੀ here?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
This Shabad is on Ang 656
RSINGH Ji,
Really very interesting to understand this.
Having gone thru the complete Sabad my understanding is that the
meaning of the tuks is related to some WEAKNESS OF DEER.

As I have understood the meaning in the following way.

Just as DEER due to weakness (MOREE) is entangled
silently(CHOREE) to a particular NAAD.
GuRu has shown me similar way for getting entangled with
ANHAD NAAD within my Heart/Mind.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.Bagga.
Interesting viakhya Prakash Singh Jee. ਗੁਰਿ ਦਿਖਲਾਈ ਮੋਰੀ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਰਗ ਪੜਤ ਹੈ ॥ What I understand from this is:

The Guru has shown(ਦਿਖਲਾਈ) me the hole(ਮੋਰੀ) through which(ਜਿਤੁ) the deer(ਮਿਰਗ) enters(ਪੜਤ) secretly(ਚੋਰੀ).

Now what is this hole(ਮੋਰੀ) that Guru Jee is talking about represent? and what does deer here mean? I think deer is a metaphor for something but what? I don't understand this.

On a side not, I think it is very useful for us to study and do veechar on Gurbani like this. Through such veechar a better understanding of Gurbani can happen. Just doing a study of the daily hukamnama from Darbar Sahib is a great fulfilling experience and it only takes 10-15 minutes a day but once a person does this you reflect on that Shabad the whole day. We can all spare this much time at least to study Gurbani can't we. I've been doing this for a month now and it has enhanced my understanding of Gurbani greatly. Still a lot to learn.
RSINGH Ji,

Yes ,I think DEER here is a metaphor for action of attraction under the influence of
some inherent WEAKNESS .
The word MOREE again a metaphor for some specific WEAKNESS.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.s.bagga
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login