ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Correct Pad-ched of Manglachaaran

Posted by Preetam Singh 
There is a vast difference in opinion on what the correct Pad-ched of Manglacharan in it's different forms should be. Only Guru Sahib knows the correct Pad-ched but from the veechar of Gurmukhs we can try our best at doing the correct Pad-ched while doing paath. This is another reason why Guru Granth Sahib jee's saroop should only be in larivaar.

Larivaar Gurbani:
ੴ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁਕਰਤਾਪੁਰਖੁਨਿਰਭਉਨਿਰਵੈਰੁਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿਅਜੂਨੀਸੈਭੰਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

Correct Pad-ched:
ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

Larivaar Gurbani:
ੴ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁਕਰਤਾਪੁਰਖੁਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Correct Pad-ched
ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Larivaar Gurbani:
ੴ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Corret Pad-ched:
ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Larivaar Gurbani:
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Corret Pad-ched:
ੴ ਸਤਿ ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ॥

Bhul chuk muaaf karna jee

Preetam Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
is ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ 2 words akaal, moorat and not 1 word.

also what is the meaning of ਸਤਿ in the manglacharan, is it truth or ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ?

Also in the 1st slok of sri Jap ji sahib what is the mean of sach as in aad sach, jugaad sach?
Gupt1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ 2 words akaal,

Sorry for going little off-track. But daas came across some people confused about ਮੂਰਤਿ in ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ.

Here ਮੂਰਤਿ does not mean Murati or Idol.
Here ਮੂਰਤਿ means Hasthi or Personality.
So ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ means Kaal To Rehat Hasthi, Aisi Hasthi Jo Janam Maran Vich Nahi Aundi. Maybe that is why it is not in pad-ched.

Daas is still learning and wish to learn if there is better explanation.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Bhai Jaskirat Singh jee was correct in that ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ is a compound word just like ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ. Since ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ is one gun of Vaheguru (Kaal To Rehat Hasth). By having ਮੂਰਤਿ by itself the arth do not happen properly.

also what is the meaning of ਸਤਿ in the manglacharan, is it truth or ਸਦਾ ਕਾਇਮ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ?

If I remember correctly, ਸਤਿ means truth but will need Bhai Kulbir Singh jee too confirm this.

Also in the 1st slok of sri Jap ji sahib what is the mean of sach as in aad sach, jugaad sach?

Professor Sahib Singh jee has done the arth of ਸਚੁ as ਸਚੁ = ਹੋਂਦ ਵਾਲਾ। ਸ਼ਬਦ 'ਸਚੁ' ਸੰਸਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਦੇ 'ਸਤਯ' ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਧਾਤੂ 'ਅਸ' ਹੈ। 'ਅਸ' ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਹੈ 'ਹੋਣਾ'।. I am not too sure about this though so hopefully Bhai Kulbir Singh jee can shed more light on this question.

Preetam Singh

ਅਕਾਲਮੂਰਤਿ is a judat word i.e. compound word just as ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ is. In case of Sandhivaachak words, the last alphabet of the first word and the first alphabet of the last word are combined in such way only one word remains e.g. if you combine ਤੁਰੀਆ ਅਤੇ ਅਵਸਥਾ in the Sandhivaachak way it will combine as - ਤੁਰੀਆਵਸਥਾ. Notice that the alphabet ਅ has disappeared. There are many examples of Sandhivaachak words in Gurbani.

But in the case of compound words or Judat words, all alphabets of the two merging words remain but the Aunkad of the first word is removed (although Sihaari can remain). The word ਅਕਾਲ should have had an Aunkad if it had been an independant word but since it merged with the next word, its Aunkad got removed but no alphabet disappeard. The meaning is simple - such Moorat that is Akaal i.e. one which time does not have any affect i.e. deathless Moorath or Hastee.

ਸਤਯ ਵਾਲਾ, ਸਤਯ ਨਾਲ ਭਰਪੂਰ। ਸਿਹਾਰੀ ਵਿਚੋਂ "ਵਾਲਾ" ਦਾ ਅਰਥ ਨਿਕਲਦਾ ਹੈ। It is a noun.

The word Sach is an adjective here and means eternal. Sach is many times a noun word for Vaheguru jee but here it is an adjective of the hidden noun - Vaheguru. The meaning is that Vaheguru jee was Sach in the beginning, was Sach before the beginning of Jugs, is Sach now and will be Sach in the future. Sach is such thing that does not change over time and is thus eternal.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Both.

Daasra,
Kulbir Singh
Considering the grammar of the words one can see that the word SAT(i) with matra of Sihari with "T" is an
ADJECTIVE whereas the word SACH(u) i is a word with Aukad matra under letter "ch: " so the word SACHu
is NOUN .
Similarly one can see that the word AKAL is ADJECTIVE WORD and is SINGULAR Feminine Gender.

So
SAT(i) NAAMu .................NAAMu being forever

and AKAL MOORAT(i) ........MOORATI which is beyond time

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.S.Bagga.
I know this is slightly off topic but I was just curious is the word ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ a DEhli Deepak. I remember reading in one of Bhai Sahibs book ( Gurbani Veechar?) that the word Gur-prasaad is a DEhli Deepak? Or perhaps it was a different book?
As per my understanding of Grammar I think the words GuR Prasadi is not within the perview of DEHli Deepak.
Clearly the words are GuR and Prasadi together means thru or By the grace of GuR.
Here it is utmost important to understand the meaning of the word GuR as this Word grammatically is
PLURAL (M/G).
The SINGULAR for the word GuR is the word GuRu and or GuROO.Thus one can understand the reference
meaning of the word GuR in above context of grammar considerations.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

Prakash.S.Bagga
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login