ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hemkunt Yatra ????

Posted by jaskirat 
Hemkunt Yatra ????
June 12, 2012 06:57AM
Recently Daas came across different views on Hemkunt Yatra.

Some says that Gursikh should not go for Hemkunt Yatra.
Some says Gursikh should go for Hemkunt Yatra.

GB Sangat please share your views as I am totally confused now after hearing Convincing arguements from parties of both side.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Hemkunt Yatra ????
June 12, 2012 07:19AM
What's wrong in going to a place which has parkaash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj?? Unless there is some idol worship or anti gurmat practices going on in the place....
June 12, 2012 07:27AM
Hemkunt Sahib was discovered in the mid 1900s based on the description given in Bachitter Natak by Guru Sahib. This is the place where Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj is said to have done Bhagti. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh has not written anything about this particular place being that place where Siri Dasmesh jee did Bhagti but many Gursikhs who have gone on Yaatra have written about having mystical experiences there. There is nothing wrong in going there and experiencing it yourself.

Kulbir Singh
June 12, 2012 09:20AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Going to any Gurudwara - how can that be considered bad?

Bhai Vir Singh was a key figure in re-discovering Hemkunt Sahib.

Also, 52 Hukams of Dasam Patshah state that a Sikh should do tiraths of Gurudwarae only (not as a ritual, but as a means to join Sangat and do kamai - the actual intent of tiraths).

I have family that has gone there and they have indeed also expressed a very positive spiritual experience there.

[www.sikhiwiki.org]
June 12, 2012 05:41PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Sri Hemkunt Sahib is breathtaking, and upliftingly emotional when one hears Keertan upon reaching Gurdwara, to be unable to control emotions; as though being embraced by Guru Gobind Singhjio Himselfsmiling smiley
However, the drive, and climb is not for faint hearted, or those lacking faith in Gurujio's power protecting His pilgrims/ brethren.
Thinking I could take my time, I was slowly walking at my leisure pace, but sister said to hurry, and when getting dark, was told wild animals will be out, if we don't hurry. So, I lost all strength as the climb got steeper, and had to take a pittu, at suggestion of my sister, but this gave me a migraine, from trying to stay still as possible (as the Nepalese carrier informed me, otherwise we both will from fall? down from the high high Mt Everest level, mountain?)
I thus, had to exhaust all finances, and sister's to pay for dohli? And one is expected to feed Nepal carriers as well, or they swear at you?
The hotel (part of yatra package) bed was greyish black, and some of yatra pilgrims, including myself, took months to recover, upon returning to our respective countries.
I did not meet Gurujio in person (which is why I went, not knowing how high the climb was), like my masi, and sister did on their previous trips.
So although I felt blessed to have been able to make the yatra, I will never do it again, until a helicopter, or safer mode of getting to top, without being driven by driver who drove like maniac (almost got bus off road twice, think he did this on purpose, knowing how terrified some of us were), and Nepals who torture their horses, whipping them, when they are already in pain, weak with big, open sores, and bloody from heavy load, without rest?
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
June 18, 2012 02:29PM
I would to mention that as I had exhausted my finances, did not feed Nepal carriers, so paying for that karam too..sad smiley
So be sure to carry enough to tip endlessly, if you plan to go!
Bhul chuk muaf
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login