ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pandit Kartar Singh Dakha - Jap Nishan

Posted by Gupt1 
A Gurmukh Pyare requested for Pandit ji's Jap Teeka. Here is a link to the teeka on PDL:

[www.panjabdigilib.org]

An image of Pandit ji is available on page 37:

Gyani Nahar Singh ji Narangwal and bhai Shamsher Singh ji Ashok have written beautiful introduction to the the teeka.

Also on the final 2 pages of the book it gives a list of Pandit Kartar Singh ji's works, unpublished - sri gur shabad nirbachan, gurmat tat gyan........................

Published works - sri guru vaikaran panchain (grammar of gurbani), nit nem steek, punjabi gurmukhi di visheshta.........................

Pandit ji is relatively unknown in the Sikh Panth today, but in his time he was one of the greatest scholars. Unfortunately his works are very hard to locate but are gems because Pandit ji was a master in Gurbani Grammer. If anyone has books of Pandit ji please upload.

Also I would request someone to do a write up on Pandit Kartar Singh ji Dakha.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Thank you so much for this link, Gupt jeeo. Here is the picture of Pandit jee:

(Pandit Kartar Singh Dakha - the Dhurandar Vidvaan of his time)

Kulbir Singh
Are there any other books of Pandit jee available online or otherwise.

Kulbir Singh
His book Khadag Khalsa is also available on the same website. It is a very good read.
Thanks Bhai Bijla Singh jeeo.

I have read about 80-90 pages of the Jap-Nishaan book by Pandit jee and I have to admit that he was an ocean of knowledge. No one is perfect and no one can do a perfect translation of Gurbani, save Guru Sahib Himself, but the good thing about Pandit jee is that he is free from influence of modern scholars who interpret Gurbani under the influence of Western thoughts and technique. He is also free of many Sampradayak scholars who see everything through the lenses of Vedant or other Vedic philosophy. Pandit jee has done a great job of interpreting Gurbani as a Gursikh and in a Gurmat way.

I had thought that Bhai Vir Singh had done one of the best jobs in translating Siri Jap jee Sahib but Pandit jee too has done great justice by explaining difficult concepts and also providing a lot other knowledge. The only problem is that since he was a Pandit of Sanskrit, his Punjabi language is heavily influenced by Sanskrit. One who has some background in Sanskrit gets delighted reading his writing but others may find difficulty in comprehending it.

One very interesting Pad-chhed he has offered is as follows:

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿਮਿ ਲੈ ਲਈ ॥

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਲਈ ॥

He writes that the second Pad-chhed is Aprasangak.

His translation of the 3rd Pauri of Siri Jap jee Sahib is totally different from anyone else's translation I have read. Very remarkable indeed! It is very similar to the Zor-waali Pauri's translation by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. No one has translated that Pauri as Bhai Sahib has done, save Pandit jee.

What a fantastic commentary Pandit jee has given to the Munda Santokh waali Pauri. And what a glorious translation of Ik doo Jeebho Lakh waali Pauri was done by Pandit jee. Vaah!

Pandit jee was fully knowledgeable about the 6 Vedic schools of thought and throughout his Kamdheni Teeka of Siri Jap jee Sahib, he has rejected these thoughts in favour of Gurmat. If Guru Sahib Wills, a detailed book review of this book will be written in the coming future.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
Finished reading Pandit jee's translation and commentary on the Pauris describing Punj Khand (5 Khands). All I can say is that it was a breathtaking experience. There is no way a mere mortal who is devoid of any spiritual experience can write this. After reading about half of the Kaamdheni Steek, Daas believes that firstly, Pandit jee had a good Aatmak Avastha and secondly he was doing Sangat of Pooran Gurmukhs. We know that he used to do Sangat of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee but there were also other high Avastha Gurmukhs he was close to - one being Sant Gurbaksh Singh jee Patiala.

A detailed description of the 5 Khands has been given by Pandit jee. It is something that should be translated for the benefit of all Sangat. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee was very Maryada-Purshotam and when writing of mystical subjects, he rarely used to leak out more information than Gurbani but Pandit jee has done some Kirpa and disclosed some (not too much) more information of the 5 Khands.

It is sad that the books of Pandit jee are out of stock and are not being published. There are many unpublished books of Pandit jee. I wonder what happened to them. If some from village Dakha or other village close by (Ludhiana district), can find out what happened to those books, it would be great.

More on the Kaamdheni Teeka later on...

Kulbir Singh
A good english translation is needed soon. My panjabi is already weak, but reading this old punjabi feels like decipharing a coded message and I only got flashes of information.
If I was not a sikh of guru sahib I could almost feel like giving up the path of bhagti to realise akal purakh. Why? because it seems it will take japping naam 2 trillion times to reach karam khand. Even if we did a very good amount of bhagti in one life, say 1million times we japped naam and continued this each life, it would still take 2 million lifetimes to reach karam khand. However it is clear in gurbani and comfirmed by pandit ji that if guru sahib wills we can skip all these stages and realms and reach amarpadh in this one lifetime.
We must then place 100% of our hopes and faith in guru sahib only, and carry on with our abhiyaas, rehit etc.

Interesting info on sharam khand, the age of this khand is HUGE. Pandit ji then mentions a place above has as having an age of twice as long. This is mindboggling, only those who have reached there know what this all means. One also wonders, when akal purakh takes back everything, and he creates a new play, will there be something different or another sharam khand, gyaan khand etc. Pandit ji describes how much mahaan anand there is in gyaan khand alone, never mind the khands above.
I am sure the family of Pandit ji have possession of his works.

Somebody should try and make contact with Pandit Kartar Singh ji's family. This way we could learn more about the jeevan of Pandit ji and the books he authored.

Maybe PDL could get in contact with the family of Pandit ji and digitise his books.
Bhai Sahib Jeo,

Kirpa karo!
if possible, pls post the translated info about the 5 Khands from the source you are mentioning.

It would be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finished reading Pandit jee's translation and
> commentary on the Pauris describing Punj Khand (5
> Khands). ...

> A detailed description of the 5 Khands has been
> given by Pandit jee. It is something that should
> be translated for the benefit of all Sangat. Bhai
> Sahib Randhir Singh jee was very Maryada-Purshotam
> and when writing of mystical subjects, he rarely
> used to leak out more information than Gurbani but
> Pandit jee has done some Kirpa and disclosed some
> (not too much) more information of the 5 Khands.
> ...
>
> Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login