ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

India Trip 2011: Cricket Fever and Senior Gurmukhs

Posted by Kulbir Singh 
Meeting Bhai Jeevan Singh jee

Yesterday (March 30, 2011) again by the Apaar Kirpa of Guru Sahib we had the big fortune of doing Darshan Ishnaan of Siri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar Sahib. After doing Darshan of Harmandir Sahib, Siri Akal Takhat Sahib and Gurdwara Patshahi 9, we all went to have Darshan of Bhai Sahib Jeevan Singh jee. Bhai Sahib resides just behind Siri Akal Takhat Sahib. When we reached his house, he was lying on the bed and totally absorbed in listening to live Kirtan from Siri Darbar Sahib.

I moved forward and while touching Bhai Sahib’s knees said Fateh. Bhai Sahib’s face remained motionless but he lifted his hand upwards. I moved my head forward and he placed his hand on my head. I informed him who I was but his face was still motionless and emotionless. Then I said that I was that Kulbir Singh of Toronto whose Anand Karaj he had performed. At this there was a slight movement in his eyes. Then I said that I was that Kulbir Singh who was with Bhai Jagtar Singh of Toronto. I knew that Bhai Jeevan Singh knew Bhai Jagtar Singh very well and for long time. Still Bhai Sahib’s eyes and countenance remained motionless. Then I said, “Bhai Sahib taa chale gaye” (Bhai Sahib (Bhai Jagtar Singh) has gone). Right away there was a sharp movement in Bhai Sahib’s eyes and he lifted his eyebrows and eyes and looked at me with questioning eyes. I think I heard (and another Gursikh confirmed this) Bhai Sahib saying “Kithay” (where). I replied, “Bhai Sahib chadaaee kar gaye ne” ( Bhai Sahib risen above this world i.e. left this world). Bhai Sahib’s expression remained of surprise for few moments and then he went back into his usual mystical trance.

I requested Bhai Sahib to place his hand on my younger bhujangi’s head so that he may become Guru Sahib’s Kirtaniya. Bhai Sahib lifted his hand and Gurjant Singh immediately moved his head beneath his hand. Bhai Sahib gave his Ashirvaad. He did the same thing to our older Bhujangi.

Seeing Bhai Sahib lying there, triggered old memories from 80s and 90s when Bhai Sahib was in his prime. What a personality he was to behold. Dressed in perfect Gurmukhi Baana and adorning Chakra and Mala on his Gurmukhi Dastaara, he used to look like Gosaee da Pehalvaanda. Bhai Sahib’s presence was such amazing that it never used to fail to impress his beholders. Anyway, soon we took leave from Bhai Sahib.

Cricket Fever and Gurmukhs

Yesterday there was semi final cricket match between archrivals India and Pakistan and the total population here was crazy and everyone was talking only about this match. It would be fine if general people did that but even Tyaar bar Tyaar Gurmukhs were totally coloured in this colour. We went to a place where few of our Gurmukhs were seated and totally engrossed in watching the cricket match. India was losing a bit and for this reason some of these Singhs were doing Paath so that India may win. We were surprised beyond belief thinking what had happened to our Singhs. A lot of other Singhs we know were doing Paath so that India may win. They were doing Paath in such manner as if it was a question of life and death.

Around 8 pm yesterday we went to Jathedar Bhai Sahib Bakshish Singh to to get Samundar (milk). Jathedar jee has been very kind and has been providing us abundant supply of Samundar. When we went to his residence to pick up Samundar, people living in houses around that house were going wild while watching the match. Jathedar jee was visibly upset, not at his neighbours or normal people going wild but at Gursikhs who under the spell of Manmatt were drowning themselves in this Manmatt. He expressed his displeasure at the behaviour of Gursikhs who were imitating Manmukhs and said that what kind of Sarblohis and Bibekis were these people who are going crazy over a simple match.

Daas totally concurred with Jathedar jee and was wondering why were our Gursikh brothers doing Paath to let India win and Pakistan lose. Is there more Parmatma in India and less in Pakistan? Does Pakistan lack Vaheguru jee’s Jyot and does India have more of Vaheguru jee's Jyot? In whole of Gurbani there is no mention of nationalism and the whole world and the whole universe is our country. Vaheguru is evenly present in whole of his universe. Kaun Bhale Ko Mande????

Some sports fans are going to get upset at the above writing but Daas still feels that to go crazy over a game, like normal people, does not befit Tyaar bar Tyaar Khalsa of Guru Sahib. We were very much disappointed at the conduct of our Tyaar bar Tyaar Gurmukhs. Daas is not talking about young Gursikhs but of senior Gursikhs here. People were glued to the televisions even in Deras and Gurdwara Sahibaans. Guru Sahib Bhali kare.

Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee

Kulbir Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Great post!!
Anonymous User
Re: India Trip 2011: Cricket Fever and Senior Gurmukhs
March 31, 2011 03:49AM
Vaheguroo, the strength of kuljug never ceases to amaze me.

It is sad times to hear of GurSikhs who are very much enticed in maya.

In england punjabis, aswell as some Gursikhs, were parading around in the streets shouting jakare and even got a DJ out lol!

A GuSikh in india has also confirmed that they set off fireworks at Dabar Sahib for india's win.
Really surprising for me. I knew that many are crazy and even many Amritdhari are crazy, but Sarblohis and Bibekis doing Path for victory of a team; is a matter of disappointment to me. I wish I do not know who are those. thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

I was too happy today to know from a friend of mine (who is an etheist ) that he did not bother to see the result of the match even after 16 hrs of the end. thumbs up
Why would we support a country that has attacked our holiest of shrines, raped our sisters, tortured and double crossed so many, treat Sikhs like 3rd class citizens, promote deras, babas, drugs and alcohol in Punjab, slowly destroy Sikh Monuments architecture and scriptures, divide Sikhs by causing all manner of controversies, the list as they say is endless.

When my Wife came from India she was also a huge cricket fan and as Kulbir Singh mentioned, she also used to paath for India to win like so many other Gursikhs, probably the only reason they do win in fact!

Although it took time for her to stop, she eventually did when she discovered what India was really about. Her eyes opened from reading and watching videos concerning the '84 attack and the jor of groups like RSS. Due to lack of parchar in India, majority of Sikhs are unclear of the 'real' issues happening directly under their noses and are sucked in by the media, movies etc. They hero worship these cricketers who like alot of Sikhs like to keep the 'Singh' name but only in name.
As a human we have a tendency to take sides. We are likely to take sides with our family, school, university, community, country and so on.

But as a sikh of the Guru, we are supposed to be mature enough. Our vision must be able to see humanity as one. As birds do not see boundaries and fly free, a sikh is supposed to have such tendencies. National boundaries mean nothing to a spiritual man who reads daily about millions of suns and moons. We are supposed to behave saintly in case of battles also. But it is sad if we are unable to show it in a game at least.

If taking sides is necessary, it must be with a more noble one.
I don't think there is anything wrong with cheering for a sports team. Obviously cheering for India is pretty stupid because everything they have done against the Sikhs. Here in Canada Hockey is a major sport and a lot of Gursikhs cheer for teams. I talked to some senior Gursikhs about this and they said as Gursikhs we need to remain above the world. However it is not such a bad thing to cheer for a team. As long as we do not become mast in the cheering. Like going out into the streets and parading and whatnot. If we can cheer for a team and make it a small part of our lives, I don't think we will go to Hell. Of course as our avastha increases these things will decrease. So I think its al right to cheer for a team as long as we dont get to imbued into the team and fall in love with the,
WJKK WJKF

Kulbir Singh jeeo, could you advise on the best time to get darshan of Bhai sahib Bhai Jeevan Singhjee at amrtisar it in the evenings??

Could you also enlighten us a bit more on Bhai Sahib's health and well being?

It's a shame this thread is titled "Cricket Fever and Senior Gurmukhs" with a meeting of pyare Bhai Sahib jee taking place within it!!!
gsingh ,

Noone is saying that cheering for teams is bad and is going to end you up in hell. Watch your games and cheer for your team, but don't get carried away. What Kulbir Singh is trying to say is that don't do ardaas or paath for any team. When we are asking for one team to win we are also asking for another to lose. Asking Guru Sahib for anything maya-related is not right.
I know what Kulbir Singh Jee was trying to say, i was just adding to the point
This is hilarious post, great job jee.

Doing Paath for India to win!!!?? Bahahaha, oh haha Vaheguru, Vaheguru. Too funny. This is too much.

ns jeeo, regarding Bhai Sahib Jee, anyone is welcome to visit at any time, there are no "visiting hours" as such anymore, usually at night after around 10pm they are sleeping though. Regarding health and well-being, my Dad recently went for Bhai Sahib Jee's darshan, their health is much better than last year or so and they of course, as always, are in pure chardikalaa.
It's worse today, since India won the finals against Sri Lanka. I don't know about the people in India (although they're probably all going crazy as well), the Indians here in Toronto, and Brampton have gone mad...all over a game! It's completely ridiculous! You walk around, and see people collected in plazas, mostly where there are indian stores, dancing, jumping up and down on cars ( hot smiley ), popping out of the sun windows of they're cars...ridiculous. Haven't seen this happen before. I mean even the Canadians over here (goray people) aren't even this crazy when Canada wins hockey. confused smiley

Vaheguru, help these people. Take them away from such worldly attractions, all this maya, and bless them with your charan door; especially all those Gursikhs that have fallen off your path of Bani and Naam, just for the sake of a game!

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
Good thoughs Kaurs4 jeeo.

The day, India beat Pakistan, we were trying to sleep around 10pm or so. I am not sure what time it was exactly but it must have been past 10 pm, that all of sudden very sharp, piercing cries of thousands of people came from all directions. For a moment, I honestly thought that something bad like an earthquake or hurricane had occurred but sooner than later I realized that India had won. Soon so many crackers and pataake start bursting that even Diwali would look pale. Same thing occurred on Saturday night. All night the rowdy crowds of youngsters and adults alike did not sleep and nor they allow anyone else to sleep.

It's fine to be happy over your country's victory but this is too much. Europe is crazy over Soccer and India and Pakistan are crazy over cricket.

Mayadhari Att Anna bola i.e. the Mayadhari person is extremely blind and dumb (from the Gyaan perspective).

Kulbir Singh
Those Singhs that have such patriotic passions are very far from being Praupakaree ( Bibekee) Jans. Its sad to hear that
even Sarab Loh Singhs have such patriots inclinations sad smiley
idiots quarrel over the victories of this world
while Gurmukhs remain firm in Gurmat and united in the Khalsa furl
idiots feel proud of the soil of their country
while Gurmukhs stay focused on Baani and drink the Naam-roopi chutney
idiots feel their nation is superior
but Gurmukhs clean their sub-conscious interior
idiots dress to express their nation's colors
while Gurmukhs remain in the laalan rang and earn the spiritual dollars
idiots sometimes even dress like Gurmukhs to appear white
but Gurmukhs are the actually the ones who remain engrossed in Naam-Abhyiaas day & night
idiots try to create a path criscrossing through Gurmat & Manmat in order to fit in
but Gurmukhs chant the True Name & stay abstinent from committing sins
idiots forget what bahmanstan has done in 1984 & beyond
while Gurmukhs keep Guru's Hukam in mind & only associate within Gurmat bonds
TWO THINGS INDIA IS GOOD AT:

1) CRICKET: FOR WORDLY FAME AND STATUS, AND TO SHOW TO THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE A REALLY GOOD COUNTRY WITH A LOVELY GOVERNMENT

2) TORMENTING/TORTURING/DISCRIMINATING/DESTROYING MINORITIES, ESPECIALLY THE SIKHS AND THEY ACHIEVE BY FORMING
GROUPS SUCH AS THE 'RSS' AND TRAINING/HIRING STREET GANGSTERS TO EXPAND SUCH GROUPS , BOASTING THE PRODUCTION
OF MILITARY WEAPONS TO PHYSICALLY TORTURES INDIVIDUALS,

I agree Jaspreet Singh. Two excellent points; completely summarizes what India values!

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
I happened to be at an Asa dee vaar keertan saturday morning.
I walked outside during the course of the keertan, to get a drink of water.

I was shcoked to see two of our jath singhs catching a live feed on their cell phone.

Being a fan is fine with me.
Being a fanatic is not!

The drive home consisted of loud honks of cars with India's flag on them.
Crazy people.

I can only imagine what took place in India bhai sahib jee!
Kulbir Singh
Yesterday there was semi final cricket match between archrivals India and Pakistan and the total population here was crazy and everyone was talking only about this match. It would be fine if general people did that but even Tyaar bar Tyaar Gurmukhs were totally coloured in this colour. We went to a place where few of our Gurmukhs were seated and totally engrossed in watching the cricket match. India was losing a bit and for this reason some of these Singhs were doing Paath so that India may win. We were surprised beyond belief thinking what had happened to our Singhs. A lot of other Singhs we know were doing Paath so that India may win. They were doing Paath in such manner as if it was a question of life and death.

Here in England we have a famous phrase "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly.

I have subscribed to this quote for majority of my life and even now I find it very difficult to stay away from the excitement of a big match.

I personally think, based on sangat with Gursikhs and personal experience, it is important to have a hobby. If one is so chardikalaa that they do nothing except Gurbani Paath, Naam Abhiyaas, Seva etc then fantastic, wonderful, great, please keep at it smiling smiley , I am not fit to be your laala gola. However for normal people like me, I think it's great to have a hobby (especially a sport) as it can help keep one fit and healthy, and stops your mind from going more dangerously to maya and vikaars in free time. However there should be distinction like Veer Jee has said above, between fan and fanatic, obviously Gursikhs shouldn't be seen going around jumping on cars, flying flags, and honking horns at a big victory lol haha, Vaheguru.
Jaskirat Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Here in England we have a famous phrase "Some
> people believe football is a matter of life and
> death, I am very disappointed with that attitude.
> I can assure you it is much, much more important
> than that." - Bill Shankly.
>

I have found people in England to be much more patriotic then people
in India. When I visited UK in 2006 as a kesdhari I was not expecting to
face so much hostility from AmritDhari Singhs. Some things found out
I was from America and they approached me. The Singhs then started to blame me for Iraq War,
and they started saying rude remarks about Americans. They were getting so aggressive that I thought
things were going to get physical. Even when I visit the UK my cousins always give me
a hard time about US Foreign Policy. This mentality is quite sad when displayed by AmritDhari
Gursikhs when Guru Sahib gives us the hukum to wish well on all people despite
their national origins.
Reply Quote pe ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C13383%2C13479%23msg-13479" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
Sukhdeep Singh Ji,

Unless you're related to George W Bush, I would say you was on safe groundsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Unjaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sukhdeep Singh Ji,
>
> Unless you're related to George W Bush, I would
> say you was on safe groundsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Haha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login