ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bhai Randhir Singh and Chopai Sahib

Posted by mahamoorkh 
We all know that Bhai Sahib read chopai sahib from hamree karo hath de rascha poor hoe "to" sarab thor moh hoye sahee dusht duck teh lehu bachae.

In chitropokhian the format is the main part, aril and then chaupai.

So when Bhai Sahib read chopai sahib why didnt they read kirpa kari hum par jag mata...... aril sunhai gang jo yaar...... chaaupai sanbat sathrai.

All these section compose of the full chopai sahib i.e main body, aril and chaupai.

Taksal nd samparda's read the full chopai, why did bhai sahib just read there versian hamree karo hath de rascha poor hoe "to" sarab thor moh hoye sahee dusht duck teh lehu bachae.

There must be a good reason WHY? bhai kulbir singh and other gursikhs please answer.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The subject matter of the first 25 pauris of Siri Chaupai Sahib is different from rest of the pauris. The 26th pauri is talking about the fact that by the kirpa of Vaheguru roopi Jag Mata, Siri Guru jee completed the Charitropakhyaan Granth. It has no relevance to Benti Chaupai. Benti Chaupai as proved by Giani Harbans Singh and other scholars, was written independantly just as another Chaupai "Main na Ganesha pritham Manaayoo" and the Shabad "Deh Shiva Bar Mohe Ihai" etc. are independant of the literary work of Guru Sahib, they are written in.

There is a Gurdwara Sahib constructed in memory of the place, where Siri Benti Chaupai was uttered by Siri Guru jee.

Kulbir Singh
Thanks for the explanation Veer Ji.

I never took into consideration that Kabyo Bach Benti Chaupey was recited/written independently.

Is the name of the Gurdwara where Guru Sahib recited this bani called Bigara Sahib. I cant remember the name I know it starts with a B and there are many monkeys that stay there (lol), and its on a high and beautiful hill.
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I cant remember the name I know it starts with a B and there are many monkeys that stay there

The name is Gurudwara Bibhoar Sahib and here is a buddy.

With Regards,
Daas,
JASJIT SINGH
Yes Veer ji that is the Gurdwara Sahib I had in mind. Thanks for posting the pic it brings back memories of the beautiful city Anandpur Sahibsmiling smiley
Bhai Sahib do you live by AnandPur Sahib?
Thanks Bhai Sahib Ji for posting this picture. That is a nice place to visit, I remember too.

Regarding original question, I was also told that Benti (request) theme of the Bani ends after "DUSHAT DOKH TE LEHO BACHHAI". So, no need to attach other Bani with BENTI CHAUPAI.
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh Jio,

Bhai Sahib do you live by AnandPur Sahib?

Rooh lives there but under Guru Sahib's Hukam body lived on different places and since last decade now in U. S.

With Regards,
Daas
Jasjit Singh
according to panthic rehet maryada, chaupai sahib ends at "dusht dokh tay layho bachaaee".

another photo of gurdwara bipour sahib:

Another picture

[www.flickr.com]
Guru Piyario

Thanks for sharing beautiful images of this Ramneek Asthan of Dasam Patshah. Here is another one explains what Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee mentioned.

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit Singh
WaaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa
WaaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

Bhai Jasjit Singh Ji I too am from Anandpur Sahib and the U.S.smiling smiley
Veer Ji, What does the word BIBHOR mean?
Guru Piyare Bhai MB Singh jio,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh
Veer Ji, What does the word BIBHOR mean?

This is the name of that town where Guru Sahib Stayed. Gurudwara Sahib was named from the name of the this town. Daas have no knowledge of literal meaning of word "ਬਿਭੌਰ". Someone else may know.

With Regards,
Daas,
Jasjit Singh
Dass has had this question for a long time, it about time to drop it.hot smiley

Have heard 3 types of Sri Choupi Sahib being recited through out the panth:

1) The Panthic Version. (agreed by the whole panth) dass does this daily.
2) The Taksal/Sant Samaj Version.
3) The 3rd version, where it is done till ਅੜਿੱਲ ॥ (have personally heard some doing till here)
Now, the 3rd one has really got me thinking. Before we proceed please read the following as dass has written my thoughts as below.

There are many banis, which SatGuroo has written the MAHATAM of the bani in the end. As chatrik has observed in Sri Anand Sahib and Sri Sukhmani Sahib.
For Sri Anand Sahib, the 40th pauree describes the greatness of reciting Sri Anand Sahib.
ਅਨਦੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਵਡਭਾਗੀਹੋ ਸਗਲ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਪੂਰੇ ॥
ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਉਤਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਵਿਸੂਰੇ ॥
ਦੂਖ ਰੋਗ ਸੰਤਾਪ ਉਤਰੇ ਸੁਣੀ ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
ਸੰਤ ਸਾਜਨ ਭਏ ਸਰਸੇ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਣੀ ॥
ਸੁਣਤੇ ਪੁਨੀਤ ਕਹਤੇ ਪਵਿਤੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ ॥
ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਣ ਲਾਗੇ ਵਾਜੇ ਅਨਹਦ ਤੂਰੇ ॥40॥1॥ ( ang 922)
Listen to the song of bliss, O most fortunate ones; all your longings shall be fulfilled.
I have obtained the Supreme Lord God, and all sorrows have been forgotten.
Pain, illness and suffering have departed, listening to the True Bani.
The Saints and their friends are in ecstasy, knowing the Perfect Guru.
Pure are the listeners, and pure are the speakers; the True Guru is all-pervading and permeating.
Prays Nanak, touching the Guru's Feet, the unstruck sound current of the celestial bugles vibrates and resounds. ||40||1||

For Sri Sukhmani Sahib ji, the Mahatam of this Bani come at the 8th pauree of the 24th asthpadee:

ਜਿਸੁ ਮਨਿ ਬਸੈ ਸੁਨੈ ਲਾਇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥
ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਆਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚੀਤਿ ॥
ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਦੂਖੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ॥
ਦੁਲਭ ਦੇਹ ਤਤਕਾਲ ਉਧਾਰੈ ॥
ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸੋਭਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਬਾਨੀ ॥
ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਨੀ ॥
ਦੂਖ ਰੋਗ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭੈ ਭਰਮ ॥
ਸਾਧ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਤਾ ਕੇ ਕਰਮ ॥
ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਬਨੀ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਗੁਣਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ॥8॥24॥ ( ang 296, ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ, ਮ: 5)
The greatness of this bani for those who read it has been clearly stated in the pangti above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking this into consideration, the ਅੜਿੱਲ part is where Sri Guru Ji tells us about the greatness of Sri Choupee Sahib:

ਅੜਿੱਲ ॥
ਸੁਨੈ ਗੁੰਗ ਜੋ ਯਾਹਿ ਸੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਪਾਵਈ ॥ ਸੁਨੈ ਮੂੜ੍ਹ ਚਿਤ ਲਾਇ ਚਤੁਰਤਾ ਆਵਈ ॥
ਦੂਖ ਦਰਦ ਭੌ ਨਿਕਟ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਨਰ ਕੇ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਹੋ ਜੋ ਯਾਕੀ ਏਕ ਬਾਰ ਚੌਪਈ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ॥੪੦੪॥
The arths of ਅੜਿੱਲ for those who want to know the greatness of Sri Choupee Sahib is described as below:
The dumb, who will listen to it, will be blessed with the tongue to speak; the fool, who will listen to it attentively, will get wisdom;That person will be absolved of suffering, pain or fear, who will even once recite this Chaupai-prayer

Yess, dass agrees that the 26th and the 27th pauree actually talk about the Mahatam of the Granth. But the ਅੜਿੱਲ part which comes after it is actually connected to Sri Choupee Sahib.

Shouldn't the bani end WHERE it's Mahatam has been described ??

This veechars have been in my mind for a long time, after dass went through the arths of Gurbani, as I have described above.
Dhanvaad for the clarification...

Morakhpan di khimma bakhshni ji......

Chota veer
Anyone ?

Chota veer
Pyasi Chatrik jee,

Yess, dass agrees that the 26th and the 27th pauree actually talk about the Mahatam of the Granth. But the ਅੜਿੱਲ part which comes after it is actually connected to Sri Choupee Sahib.

Within the ਅੜਿੱਲ too the first two verses are talking about the Granth but it seems like the last two are referring to Chaupai.

Another point to note is that the heading of the Chaupai is Kabiyobaach Benti wihch means the benti of the Author. The Charitters otherwise are being narrated by the Mantri (minister) to the king but here particularly the author i.e. Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj himself is doing benti.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login