ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Singh Jee went to Gurpuri

Posted by JASJIT SINGH 
Guru Piyari Sangat Jio,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just wanted to share this news that Bhai Ajit Singh Delhi aka ‘Ajit Singh Bhogal’ went to Gurpuri last night in his Delhi residence peacefully after completing 80 years of Sansaaric Yatra. Bhai Sahib is known to many Jatha Singhs for their active participation in many Gurmat activities. Bhai Sahib was also one of the key Singh along with Bhai Amolak Singh Jee UK to establish the AKJ unit in England in 60s and 70s. There was an interesting story about the first Amrit Sanchaar in UK which if time allowed daas will share. I use to see Bhai sahib carrying pistol as shyshtar in early eighties during Sri Anandpur Sahib Smagam. In those days after Smagam when Singhs used to do Gatka demos and go for Mohalla celebrations at Sri Anandpur Sahib Bhai Sahib used to do Salaami to Gatkaee Singhs with firing bullets in air. Bhai Ajit Singh jee was also involved in establishing the place for Jatha to hold Smagams at Sri Anandpur Sahib. After the 1978 Saka when Singhs started to do Sodhai of Nakli Nirankaris, the first ever motorcycle involved in that Sodhaee period was of Bhai Sahib’s.

Bhai Ajit Singh Jee also had good relation with Baba Jarnail Singh Jee. During construction of some part of Gurudwara Gurdarshan Parkaash Mehta Baba Jarnail Singh Jee had asked for Bhai Sahib jee's advice for some construction issues. Bhai Sahib jee was a Panth dardi Singh and did his part of seva quietly. Few years ago he was diagnosed with blockage in few of heart valves, for which doctors highly recommended him to go for surgery immediately otherwise he will have heart attack or cardiac arrest soon but he refused. Bhai Sahib told this daas last summer that he asked doctors at that time, ‘What guarantee you can give me that I wouldn’t die while you are operating me?’ another thing Bhai Sahib shared with daas that during surgery their will be RoMa Di Beadbi then how can I go for it. What face I will show to Guru Sahib by becoming a Patit if I die on operation table. Anyway the day came and few days ago he had some pain in chest which turned quickly into severe one but again he refused to go to hospital until his consciousness allowed him to refuse and when he fainted family brought him to hospital and Rooh was no more there. Finally Bhai achieved what he wished ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਕੇਸਾਂ ਸੁਆਸਾਂ ਸੰਗ ਨਿਭੇ। May Guru Sahib keeps this Rooh in His Charans.

Last year Bhai Sahib had came to New Jersey and he started the first ever Khanda Reinsabai in our area and may Guru Sahib give us samratha to continue this Gurmat tradition of puratan Singhs.

Daas,
Jasjit Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Bhai Sahib Bhai Ajit Singh Jee,

Memories of Bhai sahib jee are so crystal and clear in my head I came to know Bhai Sahib jee through my father at the tender age of 14 in the UK. In those days Bhai sahib and singhs would hold amrit sanchaars at peoples houses where needed, once such amrit sanchar was held at our house. Bhai Sahib did seva in the panj with Pooran Jee and Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh jee and many other mahan Gurmukh pyaras. In those days there was not much sangat at the local Gurdwara and on the odd occasion some people would hold an akand paath at their residence. Bhai Sahib Jee also did seva as a Granthee at the main Gurdwara in the UK for a couple of years. There were a few communist people (monas) in my local town who were very knowledgeable in Gurbani but mona in appearance. Once such communist was doing parchar around people’s house that is OK to do Gurbani paath (mun saaf chaeedaa) all the time and would discourage people to take amrit. Bhai Sahib was the only person in the entire sangat who challenged this communist in sangat and spoke words like “ Who do you think you are doing parchar of Gurbani , what right do you have when you cannot even bear the weight of a millimetre of hair on your face and head!!! To this remark the communist was struck dumb and the entire sangat’s ears head popped up to listen to Bhai Sahib Jee.

In those days of the late 1980’s when anyone one wanted to hold an Akand paath at their residence and the residence owners were not Amrit dhari – Bhai sahib would humbly request them to take Amrit and then they would hold Akand Paath. This was the motto and rule Bhai Sahib followed all the time he was Granthee at the no Akand paath was held at anyone’s house if they were non amritdhari – in this way there was a lot of influence for people to take amrit and Singhs started to spring up in and around the local area.

Bhai Sahib while in Birmingham encountered a rada swami couple – who had no kids and had not had any and they had been trying for years. Bhai Sahib advised them you haven’t been asking the right father, ask your true father Dhan SGGS do ardass and stick to Gursikhe instead of Rada swami. Lo and behold the couple did so – and a year later they conceived and had a baby boy- this boy now at this moment in time is a chardi kala Gursikh.

Bhai Sahib met a Sikh who was not happy with his job which he had been doing for 20years and wanted a way out – as this job was disturbing his nitnem due to working nights etc. This Gursikh used to have Maharaj’s saroop in his house. At one point he decided he could be a financial speculator and tried in the markets, he made some money to begin with so decided to give up his day job. Then 6 months later he started loosing money, in fact he lost so much money that he took a loan out on his property to speculate even more on the markets, he lost that as well. He pleaded with Bhai Sahib to do ardass for him, Bhai sahib advised only if you give up this gambling habit in the financial world as lalach is very powerful force which can entice one into risk very easily. Bhai Sahib advised why should he do ardaas - you have mahraaj in your home and Mahraaj always does kirpaa on who has mahraaj at home and do seva daily. Bhai sahib advised the Gursikh to start sehaj paat on a daily basis even if it’s 2 pannas a day. The Gursikh started sehaj paath – within 5 months of doing so found a job back in his original industry which enabled him to come out of debt and carry on as normal. Bhai sahib explained if you do ardaas 3 times for the same thing and if it still doesn’t work out – consider Mahraaj doesn’t want that ardaass to be fulfilled as yet , he has something else in store for you- so change your direction or motive. Bhai Sahib also advised to give 1/10th to charity as this Gursikh wasn’t doing so when he was in a regular job.

Bhai Sahib and his companions used to abyhiaas all day long if the opportunity arised. A Gursikh was talking about Bhai sahib jee to a mona how Bhai sahib is so connected to Mahraaj and this mona wanted and had desire for sikhe but couldn’t take the important step of keeping hair. When he met Bhai sahib he requested he wanted proof of Guru Nanak, Bhai sahib jee advised “take amrit , do naam abhyiaas , maharaja may do kirpa , I have no special powers, Maharaaj does everything.” Couple of weeks later the mona decided to take amrit but his wife was in disagreement, however he took amrit anyway. As after amrit ceremony naam abyiaas takes full colours. The next week there was a naam abyiaas smagam in the morning the mona now a Gursikh was also there and while doing abyiaas he was doing it with such vigour his chonkraa (cross legged stance) was almost lifting off the floor. After nitnem and later in the afternoon this Gursikh continued abyiaas the singhs hadn’t stopped him, he carried on and they let him be till he started whaling loudly, screaming waheguru – and crying without control, to which the singhs asked him to compose himself , “ what has happened” to which he replied “ Guru sahib came in and put his hand on my head then went.!!

A Gursikh who after taking amrit was so affected that his abyiaas was 24*7 he would stay awake and not be tired – goto work and do his normal duties but his abyiaas kept him wide awake, all he could hear was Gurmantar. He met Bhai sahib and asked for ardaas for permission for Gurmantar to be slowed as he hasn’t slept in weeks!!! Bhai Sahib advised this Gursikh are you sure this is the stage most Gursikhs long for many janams and you want it slowed down!!!! On request Bhai Sahib Did ardas and decade later this Gursikh suffered a heart attack and just by chance Bhai sahib jee was back in the country and went to see this Gursikh. Bhai sahib advised the Gursikh “your warning signal has come from Mahraaj do as much abyiaas as possible,” to this the Gursikh hugged Bhai sahib in a long embrace and started Khanda of naam,and lost conciscousness while in the embrace!! After some time having gained consicuous the Gursikh asked Bhai to pray to Mahraaj for that same avastha he had ten years ago to which Bhai sahib did. After a few weeks this Gursikh passed away , he was only 49 his family could not bear the loss. Bhai sahib comforted the family and advised them to mahraaj’s parkash at home and recite Gurbani daily. To which the family agreed and after a couple of years the whole family became amirtdhari.!!! –

A Gursikh couple had a child who was only 5 years old and he was special, during pregnancy his mother had done loads of naam Gurbani, abyiaas. Bhai Sahib along with some singhs went to see this couple and the child.Upon meeting the child Bhai sahib picked up the little bhujangi and put him on his lap and asked him to start Jaap sahib from “KE ASHIJ DESAAA” – the child started doing paath and completed it all from memory. Then Bhai sahib asked him to go next door and see if Baba Jee is there. The child goes next door room alone and after some time comes back and Bhai Sahib asked which Baba Jee was there my child? Child replied Baba Ramdas Jee was there. Bhai Sahib Jee asked the child what did Baba Raamdas Jee say to you?? The child said Baba Raam daas wants you to do degh seva next time you go to Harmindar Sahib in India.!!

Bhai Sahib advised one day he got up in the morning to do for daily naam abyiaas and nitnem and was about to take his shower. As Bhai sahib tied his siri sahib to his dumalla to begin his shower he kept heard a voice “to take off the siri sahib!!” As Bhai sahib continued having a shower the voice was becoming louder then Bhai sahib started doing JapJi Sahib loudly while doing ishnaan and the voice was not heard thereafter. After the normal naam abyiaas and nitnem Bhai sahib confided with Gursikhs of this weird happening and the response he got was that sooner a later he would find out. A couple of weeks later a relative of bhai sahib was in hospital with a serious condition and had not long to live. Bhai sahib went to see this relative and saw the vision of “JUMS” and also heard that same familiar voice again which he heard when having that shower which said “ it was him who sent us to you as he had asked for it to be done, and because you didn’t take off your siri sahib and started doing Japji Sahib we couldn’t touch you so now we are back here to take his life instead. Bhai Sahib jee in response to this voice started doing Japji Sahib paat for the relative. A couple of ours later that relative passed away. Bhai Sahib Jee advised that since that day he always did a paath of Japji while doing ishnaan.

Bhai Sahib and Keertan – At times Bhai sahib would do keertan, always praised keertanyes – akj or not- however stressed that in the future AKJ singhs/kaurs will keep continuing to do keertan in heart piercing bhavanas and keep attracting more and more sangat.

Bhai Sahib’s daily routine was ready for Naam abhyass with full kesi ishnaan every day – start abhyaas at 2:30am – nitnem starting at 5:00am – rest from 6:00am – Sukhmani Sahib during the day.
In delhi Bhai Sahib also did some work and distributed herbal medicine for people suffering from ailments.Bhai Sahib and his family also had a family furniture business.

Bhai Sahib jee wouldn’t engage in debates and avoid them mostly – but when he did engage every word he would say would make you think long and hard before one could speak back. I asked Bhai Sahib Jee how was he able to do this all the time. Bhai Sahib Jee replied to me that Mahraj himself makes me respond in this way, as he doesn’t know how it happens. However, he advised to be very mindful of everyone that is around you Gurmuk or manmukh , and have abyiaas running inside you all the time while speaking to people, in that way you will not speak ill of anyone. He also advise abyiaas has to be from the Dhuni and the word Guru has to hit the dhunee. The harder and longer you hit the dhuni with abyhaas the longer the vibrations of naam hang around in the body.

A Gursikh once asked that Kamaee of sikhe jeevan is so hard and the forces of the five vices kaam krodh lobh moh ahankaar are so powerful, how can one actually survive against such forces. Bhai Sahib replied it depends on ones karma how one will handle such forces but at best one must stick to discipline rehat and not even entertain any thought in the mind that leads to exaggeration of the five vices in any way or form. Always employ nimrata, remember you’re a child of Guru Gobind Singh and always be mindful of your character which has to be high, respect and love everyone even the ones you disagree with as they are here from Akal purak for you to learn further from in life.

My story:

At the age of 17 I had exams and Bhai Sahib jee was down our house, I had just done ardaas alone upstairs to SGGS jee mahraaj for me to be successful in my exams. I came downstairs and if Bhai Sahib jee surprisingly asked me what was I doing upstairs in the Baba Jees room. I replied doing ardass to pass exams, Bhai Sahib then asked me to mention the Hukham that came, I mentioned only the last two line which I could remember as the hukham nama was long, the last lines were “ Eik Nanak Ke Ardaas Je Tud Bhavsee meh déjàh naam nivaas hur gun gavasee” to which Bhai sahib jee paused and told me to repeat these line 11 times everyday morning and evening , I would pass my exams. I passed my exams and went into further education. Later on in life my father passed away and at that time I was not amritdhari , Bhai sahib would say to me “son ask for whatever you want , you are the son of my Gursikh friend who has left this world, I would give you anything you want anytime” I asked Bhai Sahib to just keep visiting our house as and enlightening us with further Sikhe. Bhai Sahib advised he will not be coming to our house anymore as I was not amritdhari, this left a feeling of something missing inside me. After a couple of years I took amrit along with my wife and Bhai sahib’s came to our house and continued coming every other year and enlightening my family further of Sikhe and jeevan. Bhai Sahib would make us do rehras and nitnem where one person would start a line and the other would start the next line this would kick in concentration and focus even more on Gurbani. Many times I would have visions of Bhai Sahib in my dreams and a day or two later they I would ring them in Delhi and would joke and say to me : “you got my wireless!!!”

All of the above are just a minuscule of what was witnessed by myself and Gursikhs who came into contact with Bhai Sahib in the UK. There are many other happenings which came about with Bhai Sahib jee and Bhai Jeevan Singh jeee, if time prevails and if Gursikhs reveal I will post again.
Personally I know about at least about 50-60 families who were influenced by Bhai Sahib jee in the UK to take amrit and become Khalsa. Bhai was involved in a lot of amrit sanchars in India and internationally and Bhai Rama Singh Jee also mentions of Bhai jee in his book.
Beautiful writeup ns44 jee. It's always great to read about the Jeevani of Gurmukhs.

Are there are any pictures of Bhai Sahib?
Bhai NS Jio,

Thanks a lot for sharing Bhai Ajit Singh Jee's experiences, indeed he was an influential personality.

Daas,
Jasjit Singh
First photo didn't upload properly, apologies..

Here you are

Thank You Bhagatjot Singh Jee
Hukhamnama from Darbar Sahib on the day Uncle Jee went to Gurpuri:::

ਜੈਤਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥ ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਬਸਿਓ ਤਿਨ ਮਾਤ ਕੀਜੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਂਝਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਸੁੰਞੀ ਦੇਹ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਓਇ ਖਪਿ ਖਪਿ ਮੁਏ ਕਰਾਂਝਾ ॥੧॥ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਜਪਿ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਾਝਾ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਧਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਦੀਓ ਮਨੁ ਸਮਝਾ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਪਦੁ ਊਤਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਾਝਾ ॥ ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਝਾ ॥੨॥ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਸਾਧ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਗਏ ਗਵਾਝਾ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸਾਹੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਵਡ ਦਾਣਾ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਏ ਬਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਝਾ ॥੩॥ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੀ ਜਗਜੀਵਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰਿਓ ਮਨ ਮਾਝਾ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਰਾਇ ਦਰਿ ਕਾਗਦ ਫਾਰੇ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੇਖਾ ਸਮਝਾ ॥੪॥੫॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 697}

ਪਦਅਰਥ: ਜਿਨ ਹਿਰਦੇ—ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ। ਤਿਨ ਮਾਤ—ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ। ਬਾਂਝਾ—ਸੰਢ, ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਸੰਤਾਨ ਪੈਦਾ ਨਾਹ ਹੋ ਸਕੇ। ਸੁੰਞੀ—ਸੱਖਣੀ। ਦੇਹ—ਕਾਂਇਆਂ, ਸਰੀਰ। ਓਇ—ਉਹ {ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਓਹ' ਤੋਂ ਬਹੁ-ਵਚਨ}। ਮੁਏ—ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤ ਮਰ ਗਏ। ਕਰਾਂਝਾ—ਕ੍ਰੁਝ ਕ੍ਰੁਝ ਕੇ।੧।

ਮਾਝਾ—ਅੰਦਰ, ਜੋ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਵੱਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲਿ—ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਨੇ। ਪ੍ਰਭਿ—ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ। ਗੁਰਿ—ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਕੀਰਤਿ—ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ। ਕਲਜੁਗਿ—ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ। ਪਦੁ—ਆਤਮਕ ਦਰਜਾ। ਪਾਈਐ—ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ। ਮਾਝਾ—ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ। ਹਉ—ਮੈਂ। ਜਿਨਿ—ਜਿਸ (ਗੁਰੂ) ਨੇ {ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਜਿਨ' ਅਤੇ 'ਜਿਨਿ' ਦਾ ਫ਼ਰਕ ਚੇਤੇ ਰੱਖੋ}। ਗੁਪਤੁ—ਅੰਦਰ ਲੁਕਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ।੨।

ਸਾਧ—ਗੁਰੂ। ਸਭਿ—ਸਾਰੇ। ਕਿਲਬਿਖ—ਪਾਪ। ਦਾਣਾ—ਦਾਨਾ, ਸਿਆਣਾ। ਸਾਝਾ—ਸਾਂਝੀਵਾਲ।੩।

ਜਗ ਜੀਵਨਿ—ਜਗਤ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ) ਨੇ। ਉਰਿ—ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ। ਮਾਝਾ—ਵਿਚ। ਦਰਿ—ਦਰ ਤੇ। ਕਾਗਦ—ਕੀਤੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਲੇਖੇ ਦੇ ਕਾਗ਼ਜ਼। ਫਾਰੇ—ਪਾੜ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਗਏ।੪।

ਅਰਥ: ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ! ਉਸ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਪਿਆ ਕਰ, ਜੋ ਤੇਰੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਵੱਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ (ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉਤੇ) ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕੀਤੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੀ ਸੂਝ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੀ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਮਨ (ਨਾਮ ਜਪਣ ਦੀ ਕਦਰ) ਸਮਝ ਗਿਆ।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੱਸਦਾ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਹਰੀ ਬਾਂਝ ਹੀ ਕਰ ਦਿਆ ਕਰੇ (ਤਾਂ ਚੰਗਾ ਹੈ, ਕਿਉਂਕਿ) ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਸਰੀਰ ਹਰਿ-ਨਾਮ ਤੋਂ ਸੁੰਞਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਨਾਮ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਂਜੇ ਹੀ ਤੁਰੇ ਫਿਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਅਤੇ, ਉਹ ਕ੍ਰੁਝ ਕ੍ਰੁਝ ਕੇ ਖ਼ੁਆਰ ਹੋ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤ ਸਹੇੜਦੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ।੧।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਉੱਚਾ ਦਰਜਾ ਹੈ, (ਪਰ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ (ਹੀ) ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ। ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਕੁਰਬਾਨ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਗੁੱਝੇ ਵੱਸਦੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਪਰਗਟ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ।੨।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਡੇ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਦਰਸਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਾਪ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਡਾ ਸਿਆਣਾ ਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲ ਪਿਆ, ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਬਹੁਤੇ ਗੁਣਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸਾਂਝੀਵਾਲ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ।੩।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜਗਤ ਦੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੇ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਉਤੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕੀਤੀ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਟਿਕਾ ਲਿਆ। ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! (ਆਖ-ਹੇ ਭਾਈ) ਧਰਮਰਾਜ ਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ (ਕੀਤੇ ਕਰਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਲੇਖੇ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ) ਕਾਗ਼ਜ਼ ਪਾੜ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਗਏ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾਸਾਂ ਦਾ ਲੇਖਾ ਨਿੱਬੜ ਗਿਆ।੪।੫।
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh NSjio,
Could you kindly elaborate on Dhuni and Nimrata, please?
Bhai Rama singh and Bhai Ajit singh Bhogal were good friends and also one of the first punj Pyare of AKJ uk alongside Gyani Amolak Singh.
ks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
> NSjio,
> Could you kindly elaborate on Dhuni and Nimrata,
> please?
> Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

WJKK WJKF - KS jeeo Bhai sahib jee really knew the books Gurmukh Gorvata and Anhad shabad Dasm Duaar inside out, please refer to these Books by Bhai Randhir Singh but here is an excerpt from them:

The rasna (tongue) of Punj Pyare with Naam Kamaayee (one's who have earnings of Naam) is the rasna of Guru Sahib. Hearing the Naam Gurmantra from the holy and Amrit-drenched tongue of Punj Pyaare with Naam Kamaayee, under the leadership of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee, causes wonderous, spiritually-attracting Paaras Kala (condition) and immediately after hearing the Naam with ears, the current of Naam Abhyaas runs in the seeker and this current then never stops flowing in the seeker. In every cell of the seeker spiritual Naam convulsions take place. All organs including the mouth, the tongue, the lips and the throat indulge in Naam Abhyaas. This is the greatness of hearing Naam that the seeker indulges in Naam abhyaas without effort. All by itself, effortless Jaap of Naam starts in the seeker. While Japping (reciting, chanting) Naam, the sound or dhuni of Naam too is heard simultaneously. Hearing of Naam and chanting of Naam both become integral part of the seeker for eternal time and every moment the seeker is indulged in Naam.

This hearing and accepting of Naam continues in all works of the seeker. No moment goes by in which the seeker is not reciting Naam and not hearing it. From the most micro dhuni to most moderate dhuni, and from most Para and most Pasanti baani, Swaas abhyaasi Naam just continues. Whatever kind of Naam Abhyaas(i.e. Baikhree, Madhma, Pasanti or Para), that's the kind of dhuni one hears. The main thing is that this dhuni must be heard. To listen to the Naam Jaap roopi Shabad (baani) through your ears, no matter how micro (sooksham tau sooksham dhuni i.e. from Baikhree to the most sooksham i.e. Para) the dhuni, this is what is referred to as Shabad Surat Naam Abhyaas in Gurmat. The Naam dhuni originating from Naam Abhyaas and containing Paaras Kala definitely and surely attracts the surthee of the seeker and as the seeker becomes one with the dhuni, in the same proportion the seeker's surthee gets coloured in the high divine colours. The abhyaasi seeker himself becomes the one uttering Naam and simultaneously becomes the one hearing it.

The fortunate ones, who right from the time they meet Punj Pyaare, have their surthee one with Shabad Dhuni, they have to make no effort to bring their surthee in Naam dhuni because the mystical attracting power of Naam automatically attracts the surthee into the dhuni of Naam. But ones whom Naam has been done Drir at Amrit Sinchaar and have full faith on Naam, but have not yet received Naam Rass (divine taste of Naam) they have to beat or Khadkaa the khanda of Naam with full vigour with Rasna or with Swaas Swaas and with full effort get the surthee to hear the dhuni (sound) of Naam.

on humility - countless times i spoke and the following verses were always mentioned :

Kabeer, let yourself be like a pebble on the path (become tolerant as the pebble); abandon your egoism.
Such a humble slave will meet God. ||146|| Kabeer, what good would it be, to be a pebble? It would only
hurt the traveler on the path. Your slave, O God, is like the dust of the earth. ||147|| Kabeer, what then,
if one could become dust? It is blown up by the wind, and sticks to the body. The humble servant of God
should be like water, which become like the vessel (i.e., takes the shape of the vessel its kept in) ||148||
Kabeer, what then, if one could become water? It becomes cold, then hot.
The humble servant of God should be just like God ||149|| (sggs 1372).

Humility Defined

Material life or body-consciousness (Maya) makes us very eager to receive honor, flattery, and recognition from others. The person in true humility is never anxious to have the satisfaction of being honored, flattered, or recognized by others. Because such person is in Perfect Knowledge (Aatam-Giaan) or Intuitive Understanding who knows that he is not this body. To such a person, honor or dishonor, fame or anything else pertaining to this body is unimportant.

ਸਰਮ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਦੁਇ ਸਸੁਰ ਭਏ ॥ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਨ ਲਏ ॥: Saram surti dui sasur bhae. Karnee kaaman kar man lae: Modesty and intuitive understanding are my parents-in-law; I have made good deeds as my spouse (sggs 152).
True humility is the recognition of one's imperfections. Further, humility is to consider others better than yourself. The material conception of life makes us finding faults in others by ignoring our own; because we are lacking. Due to this lack, we are unable to recognize our own imperfections. The humble and modest feeling of being meek and lowly comes when we attains humility. For example, all God-realized persons are embodiment of true humility; for they always call themselves meek and lowly. Their pattern of humility is unblemished.
ਹਮ ਕੀਰੇ ਕਿਰਮ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੧॥: Ham keere kiram satgur sarnaaee kar daiaa Naam paragaas ||1||: I am a mere insect, a worm (i.e., ਨਿਮਾਣਾ, poor Jeeva!). O Satgur, I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be merciful, and bless me with the Light of the Naam, the Lor'd Name ||1|| (sggs 10).
ਹਮ ਨਹੀ ਚੰਗੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਣਵਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਾਰੇ ਸੋਇ ॥੪॥੧॥੨॥: Ham nahee change buraa nahee koi. Pranavat Nanak taarae soi ||4||1||2||: (one who eradicates love of maya, egotism, etc., and same time thinks) I am not better (than others) and no one is bad (than me); Prays Nanak, God ferries him across (the dreadful ocean of Bikaars) ||4||1||2|| (sggs 728).
ਕਬੀਰ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਹਮ ਬੁਰੇ ਹਮ ਤਜਿ ਭਲੋ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਐਸਾ ਕਰਿ ਬੂਝਿਆ ਮੀਤੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੭॥: Kabeer sabh te ham bure ham taji bhalo sabh koi. Jin aisaa kari boojhiaa meet hamaaraa soi ||7||: O Kabeer! (Through the Naam-Simran, since my ego has been eradicated, now I think) I am the worst of all. Everyone else is good. Whosoever understands this is a friend of mine ||7|| (sggs 1364).
Humility is a habit of the mundane mind corresponding to our comparative meanness, unworthiness and vileness before God (Self or Soul-Nature). A truly humble man is sensible of the small extent of his knowledge, and the great extent of his ignorance, and of the limited extent of his understanding as compared with the understanding of the Lord. He is sensible of his weakness, limited strength, and limited ability.
ਹਮ ਅਵਗੁਣਿ ਭਰੇ ਏਕੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਛਾਡਿ ਬਿਖੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਈ ॥ ਮਾਯਾ ਮੋਹ ਭਰਮ ਪੈ ਭੂਲੇ ਸੁਤ ਦਾਰਾ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ॥: Ham awagun bhare ek gun naahee Amrit shaad bikhai bikh khaaee. Maya moh bharam pai bhoole sut daaraa siou preet lagaaee: We are full of demerits, and have no merit or virtue. Abandoning the Amrit (Naam, the Lord's Name), we eat just poison instead. Attached to Maya and deluded by doubt, we are lost (i.e., do not know the true Way of life); we have fallen in love (emotional attachment) with our children and spouse (sggs 1406).
According to the Gurbani, humility is a formidable weapon. This weapon can be used to cut the roots of arrogant pride and false ego-sense (haumai). It can be used to free ourselves from ostentatious, assuming, arrogant, scornful, stubborn, and self-justifying behavior. Thus, humility brings ends to an arrogant and egotistical behavior. It disposes a person to a condescending behavior to the meekest and lowest and to treat inferiors with courtesy and affability, as being sensible of his own weakness and despicableness before God.
ਗਰੀਬੀ ਗਦਾ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਖੰਨਾ ਸਗਲ ਰੇਨੁ ਛਾਰੀ ॥ ਇਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕੋ ਨ ਟਿਕੈ ਵੇਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਏਹ ਗਲ ਸਾਰੀ ॥੧॥: Gareebee gadaa hamaaree. Khanna sagal ren saaree. Is aagai ko na tikai vekaaree. Gur poorai ih gal saaree ||1||: Humility is my spiked club. My dagger is to be the dust of all men's feet. No evil-doer can withstand these weapons. The Perfect Gur has given me this understanding ||1|| (sggs 628).
ਮਿਠਤੁ ਨੀਵੀ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਗੁਣ ਚੰਗਿਆਈਆ ਤਤੁ ॥: Mithat neevee Naanakaa gun changiaaeeaa tatt: Sweetness of humility, O Nanak, is the essence of all good virtues (sggs 470).
Humility is simply realism. A truly humble person is a perfectly realistic person. Consequently, a person of humility will have an accurate self-concept. Due to his Intuitive Understanding of matter and Spirit, he always knows as to where he stands in the scheme of things.

The word humility is also related to the word "humor". Persons possessing true humility (Gurmukhs) are full of inner Joy and Humor. To the contrary, proud, self-absorbed people (Manmukh) don't seem to even laugh much! If Manmukhs do laugh, their laughter is phony, shallow, hurtful and contemptuous. They could have anything but inner Joy and Peace.

ਸਹਜ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਫਲੁ ਮਸਕੀਨੀ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਅਪੁਨੈ ਮੋਹਿ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੀਨੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Sahaj suhelaa phal maskeenee. Satigur apunai mohi daan deenee ||1||Rahaaou||: The fruit of humility is Intuitive Peace (Sahaj Avasthaa - ਆਤਮਕ ਅਡੋਲਤਾ) and pleasure. My Satgur (ਸਚ ਦਾ ਗਿਆਨ...) has given me this gift (of humility) ||1||Pause|| (sggs 235).
ਤਿਨਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਨਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਆਧਾਰੁ ॥: Tinaa anand sadaa sukh hai jinaa such naam aadhaar: They alone are always in Anand and Happiness who have made the (ਸਦਾ-ਥਿਰ ਨਾਮ) True Naam the support (of their life). (sggs 36).
Thus, true humility is in living the Shabad or Divine Name (Aatam-Giaan...). Thus, true humility in being living liberated - Jeevanmukta - satisfied and fulfilled, kind and merciful, modest, full of inner beauty, and so on.
ਨਾਮੁ ਅਵਖਧੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਨ ਤੇਰੈ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕਾ ਰੋਗੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥: Naam awkhad jin jan terai paaiaa. Janam janam kaa rog gavaaiaa: Your humble servant, who obtains the Medicine of the Naam, is rid of the illnesses of countless lifetimes and incarnations (sggs 107-108).
ਆਪੁ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਹੋਈਐ ਸਭ ਰੇਣਾ ਜੀਵਤਿਆ ਇਉ ਮਰੀਐ ॥੨॥: Aapu tiaagi hoeeai sabh renaa jeevatiaa iou mareeai ||2||: Renouncing egoism (ਆਪਾ ਭਾਵ), become humble, the dust of all; in this way, die while still alive (i.e, become Jeevanmukta) ||2|| (sggs 750).
Humility And Assertiveness
A Manmukh with self-centered pride (one without humility) may say: "It's better to be dead than being a warm, insect, lowly, or dust of others feet". In other words, "what about assertiveness, or my rights?", he may ask.

Humility does not mean one should not assert his rights. Being a Bhagat does not mean to give up all his rights. Being a humble servant of God does not mean that you let everybody walk all over you. Or you let this world eat you up alive! No, that is not what humility is all about.

Humility teaches equality, not manipulation. So does assertiveness. True assertive behavior is to stand up for ourselves without undue anxiety, to express honest feelings comfortably, and to exercise personal rights without denying the rights of others. To put it otherwise, true assertiveness is to look not only to one's own interests but also to the interests of others. Therefore, a true assertiveness is not the natural tendency of manipulating others so that one's own needs are met, even at the cost of another persons needs. Neither the true assertiveness is aggression. Aggression is unhealthy and inappropriate, but the true assertiveness is healthy and appropriate.

A step-by-step analysis will show us that the true humility is essential for true assertiveness. According to the Gurbani, fearlessness is an essential quality of a Bhagat (the Gurmukh). Further, the Gurbani tells us that one cannot become a Bhagat without true humility! What it means is that, in order for one to be a truly assertive person, he must be fearless. Therefore, for one to be a truly assertive, he has to possess true humility. This is the reason in Gurmat (Divine Teaching of the Gurbani, SGGS), a truly humble person is equated to a saint as well as a soldier (Sant-Sipaahee). Thus, without true humility, there can only be aggression, manipulation, anxiety, hate and hurt, but not true assertiveness.

ਸਰਨਿ ਪਰਿਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਕੀ ਅਭੈ ਦਾਨੁ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਓ ॥੨॥੩॥੧੨॥: Saran pario Nanak thaakur kee abhai daan sukh paayo: Nanak has entered the Sanctuary of his Lord, and has received the blessings of fearlessness and peace ||2||3||12|| (sggs 498).
Humility And Pride
Self-centered pride is the opposite of humility. The former is a demoniac quality, and the latter is all Divine. According to the Gurbani, if one is humble, he considers himself the servant of God. He will never feel or act superior to others.

Humility is the product of Goodness. On the other hand, self-centered pride is the product of our evil nature. Every problem of this material life can be traced to our arrogant pride stemming from psychological ego (Haumai). For example, it is our pride that keeps us in the cycle of repeated pain and delusion.

It is good to have healthy self-esteem, satisfaction or delight in one's accomplishments. However, what is undesirable is the conceited attitude and feelings of superiority over others. Unfortunately, from our very childhood, this is exactly what we are taught — to feel superior to others!

What are the symptoms of false pride? A person inflicted with this disease finds himself on a "head trip"; his behavior is arrogant; he talks "up" or "down" to people rather than "to" them; he always wants to have his own way, even at the cost of another persons needs; he always seeks for name, fame, flattery, recognition and praise; he likes to be blessed by others rather than he blessing them; he has boastful attitude and constant comparison to others; his relationship with his God, his real Self, and others takes the back seat; he lacks the concern for others; and so on.

ਵਿਚਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਜਿਉ ਵੇਸੁਆ ਪੁਤੁ ਨਿਨਾਉ ॥: Vichi haumai karam kamaavde jiou vesuaa put ninaaou: Those who do their deeds in ego (remain Fatherless or Godless. They) are like the prostitute’s son, who (cannot tell) the name (of his biological father) (sggs 82).
ਤਜਿ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਹੁ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਹੁ ॥੨॥: Taj abheemaan janam maran nivaarahu. Hari ke daas ke charan namaskaaragu ||2||: Renounce your arrogant pride, and end the cycle of birth and death. Bow in humility to the feet of God’s servants ||2|| (sggs 191)
ਬੁਧਿ ਗਰੀਬੀ ਖਰਚੁ ਲੈਹੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਜਾਰਹੁ ॥: Budh gareebee kharach laihu houmai bikh jaarahu: Take wisdom and humility as your supplies, and burn away the poison of ego or Haume (sggs 399).
Cultivating Humility
As made very clear by the Gurbani, true humility is essential for linking with our Mool within (Source, Origin...). Without humility there can be no Self-realization. Baabaa Nanak's entire life is exemplary in this regard — he always prayed God for two things: humility, and Naam).

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੇ ਨਾਮੋ ਆਰਾਧੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਕਉ ਕਰਹੁ ਸਭਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੁ ॥ ਮਲੁ ਕੂੜੀ ਨਾਮਿ ਉਤਾਰੀਅਨੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੋਆ ਸਚਿਆਰੁ ॥: Naam jape naamo aaraadhe tis jan kaou karo sabh namaskaa. Mal kooree Naam utaareean jap Naam hoaa sachiaaar: Let all bow in humility to that humble being who engages in Naam Jap, and meditates on it (Understaning the Gurbani's Giaan...). The Naam washes off the filth of falsehood; by the Naam Jap, one becomes truthful (sggs 950-951).
ਨਾਮੁ ਸਿਰੋਮਣਿ ਸਰਬ ਮੈ ਭਗਤ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਧਾਰਿ ॥: Naam siromani sarab mai bhagat rahe liv laae: The Naam is the most sublime of all; Bhagat remain lovingly attuned to it (sggs 1393).
In addition to Self-realization, humility is also essential for all human relationships, especially good parenting, happy marriage, and so on. Humility enables us to recognize and account for needs of children, spouse and others. When we do that, our needs are more likely to be met than when we demand our needs without regard for feelings and needs of others. Thus, humility puts us in a right relation to God and His Creation. This is an essential starting point for selflessness.
ਹਰਿ ਜਨੁ ਪਰਵਾਰੁ ਸਧਾਰੁ ਹੈ ਇਕੀਹ ਕੁਲੀ ਸਭੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ॥੨॥: Harijan parvaar saadhaar hai ikeeh kulee sabh jagat shadaavai ||2||: (sggs 166).
A lifestyle without humility exhibits undesirable qualities such as false pride, egocentric life, lust, haughtiness, worldly attachment, wickedness, guile, jealousy, evil instincts, hate, envy, anger, greed, arrogance, inordinate ambition, faultfinding, self-righteousness, animosity, duality, fear, selfishness, quarrel, slandering, lower quality thoughts, aggressiveness, cruelty, prejudices, cheating, lie, hypocrisy, deceptiveness, and so on.
ਸਾਕਤ ਕਉ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਹੁ ਸਿੰਚਹੁ ਸਭ ਡਾਲ ਫੂਲ ਬਿਸੁਕਾਰੇ ॥ ਜਿਉ ਜਿਉ ਨਿਵਹਿ ਸਾਕਤ ਨਰ ਸੇਤੀ ਛੇੜਿ ਛੇੜਿ ਕਢੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਰੇ ॥੫॥: Saakat kaou amrit bahu sinchahu sabh daal phul bisukaare. jiou jiou nivahi saakat nar setee sherr sherr kadhai bikh khaare ||5||: A Saakat or a faithless cynic (is like a venomous tree); he may be totally drenched with Amrit, but even so, all his branches and flowers are filled with venom. The more one bows down in humility before the Saakat, the more he (Saakat) spits out his bitter poison ||5|| (sggs 983).
How can we replace the demoniac qualities with the Divine Virtue of humility? We are urged by the Gurbani to become humble or Spiritual Beings (the Gurmukh); for God is only known to humble Souls. Therefore, to acquire humility, we need to replace our fleshly nature with the nature of God — Pure Consciousness. Also, we need to annihilate the instinctive mind, and renew it with God's Name (Giaan...) as we strive for humility.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ ॥: Mani jeetai jagu jeet: If you conquer the mind, you conquer the material world (sggs 6).
Those trying to cultivate humility are counseled by the Gurbani to pursue heartfelt Love (Bhagti), Divine Knowledge (Aatam-Giaan),Shabad-Vichaar, so on and so forth. Such Divine Virtues will lead one to experience God's Goodness, Love, and Infiniteness, and his own nothingness.
ਧਿਆਇ ਧਿਆਇ ਜੀਵਹਿ ਜਨ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਚੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਮਨਿ ਮਾਣੋ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥: Dhiaai dhiaai jeevahi jan tere sach shabad man maane jeeo ||2||: Your humble servants live by meditating on You. Their minds treasure the True Shabad ||2|| (sggs 107).
ਆਪੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੇ ਸੁ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਹੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Aap beechaare su giaanee hoee ||1||Rahaaou||: One who engages in Vichaar (ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੀ ਪੜਤਾਲ) becomes truely Wise or Giaanee (ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੀ ਸੂਝ ਵਾਲਾ) ||1||Pause|| (sggs 152).
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਬਦੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਪਾਈਐ ਗੁਣੀ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ॥੮॥੧੦॥: Nanak Sabad vichaareeai paaeeai gunee nidhaan ||8||10||: Nanak, by Shabad Vichaar, one obtains the treasure of the spiritual wisdom ||8||10|| (sggs 59)
Proper understanding of humility can be realized by diligently studying the Gurbani (Shabad-Vichaar) and by associating with the Gurmukh.
ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਰਲਾਇਆ ਨਾ ਰਲੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥: So jan ralaaeiaa naa ralai jis anthar bibaek beechaar: Those humble beings who are filled with keen discriminating wisdom and Self-inquiry - even though they intermingle with others, they remain distinct (sggs 28).
ਭਾਈ ਰੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਸਭਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਧੇਣੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Bhaaee re sant janaa kee ren. Sant sabhaaa Gur paaeeai mukti pdaarath dhen |1||Rahaaou||: O bother, become the dust of the feet of the humble Saints. In the Society of the Saints, the Guru (Aatam-Giaan) is found. He is (like the) Kaamdhen, that liberates us (from Bikaars, Maya...) ||1||Pause|| (sggs 18).
A big part of humility is true contentment (Sat Santokh). All desires and related fears bind us to the material plane (Maya). They draw us to objects of senses, the senses overwhelm the mind, the sense-blind mind enslaves the soul. A man of no want has everything! True contentment is gained by getting rid of desires; worldly as well as celestial. Thus, true contentment is rejoicing in every situation or adversity.
ਸੰਜਮੁ ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਸੀਲ ਸੰਨਾਹੁ ਮਫੁਟੈ ॥: Sanjam sat santokh seel sannaahu maphutai: The armor of self-restraint, true contentment and humility can never be pierced (sggs 1397).
We are urged by theGurbani to be persistent in achieving humility in spite of worldly obstacles that distract us from this goal of Spiritual Perfection.
ਨਿਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਅਖਰੁ ਖਵਣੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਜਿਹਬਾ ਮਣੀਆ ਮੰਤੁ ॥ ਏ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਭੈਣੇ ਵੇਸ ਕਰਿ ਤਾਂ ਵਸਿ ਆਵੀ ਕੰਤੁ ॥੧੨੭॥: Niwan su akhar khavan gun jihba maneeaa mant. Ye trai bhaine ves kar taa vas aavee kant ||127||: Humility is the word, forgiveness is the virtue, and sweet speech is the magic mantra. Wear these three robes, O sister, and you will captivate your Husband God ||127|| (sggs 1384).
ਹੋਇ ਸਗਲ ਕੀ ਰੇਣੁਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਮਾਵਉ ॥: Hoi sagl kee renukaa hari sang samaavo: Become humbe, the dust of all men's feet; and so merge with the Divine (sggs 322).
Bhai Ajit Singh Jee strongly favored to read Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee books not just once but again and again. His belief was if you seriously want to progress on naam kamaiyee read the experiences of Bhai Sahib Jee and you will be more indulge in Gurmat Naam and Rehat Rehni.

Bhai Ajit Singh Jee mentioned to Daas many times that aside from holding Keertan parchaar Jatha should distribute Bhai Sahib’s books on large scale because that is also the important seva Guru Sahib Jee took from Bhai Randhir Singh Jee to do parchaar not only by Rehat Rehni but in writings as well. According to Bhai Ajit Singh Jee till date there is no parallel match to Bhai Sahib’s writings. There were many respectable Gurmukh Sants contemporary to Bhai Sahib but they could not write anything about Gurmat philosophy so Bhai Sahib’s books are much needed in this age of Koorr Parcharicks and anti-Gurmat elements.

Regards,
Jasjit Singh
Excellent posts by Bhai Jasjit Singh and Bhai NS jee. These writeups will become part of the Gurmat literature that the future generations will devour. Bhai Ajit Singh jee was indeed a wonderful Gursikh. His updesh of reading Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee's books is 100% correct. Bhai Sahib's books contain Gurmat and such spiritual principles and mystical secrets that come out by reading again and again. The following extract from NS jee makes a lot of sense and is part of the Gurmat Vidhi of Naam Abhyaas:

He also advise abyiaas has to be from the Dhuni and the word Guru has to hit the dhunee. The harder and longer you hit the dhuni with abyhaas the longer the vibrations of naam hang around in the body.

Dhuni or Dhunee in this passage means the naval area of the body.

Kulbir Singh
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
I would like to thank you so much NS Ji for the very elaborate explanation of Dhuni (and thank you so much Bhai Kulbir Singh Ji for the very specific definition of dhuni being the navel point. Would be very helpful to have all Gurmukhi words explained as clearly as you did in this forum, please?), and Nimrata, and practising humility to attain Naam, after sincerely shedding ego; which is the cause of all my misery, and inability to move forward to seek Guru Ji's pardon for my total disrespect to Him, and all this is also Him.
Dhan Waheguru Ji, atey Waheguru Ji Ke Pyarey Jio, how blessed are You all to have been able to be raised amongst such purity and strict discipline of Gursikhi Gurmat, and families who are united in harmony/ love towards this goal of achieving union with our King, Waheguru Ji.
How fortunately blessed I am to be able to read Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's books, to know sure pure Gurmukh Souls of AKJ, Gurmatbibek, and other blessed gupt Gurmukh Gursikhs/ Sikhs, and to think that my siblings and me used to shun Gursikhs in our youth, but Gurujio never gave up on us.
Wahoo Wahoo Prio Satnam Waheguru Ji! Wahoo Wahoo Waheguru Ji Key Gurmukh Pyareo!
Jap Tap Sanjam Dharam Na Kamaia
Sewa Sadh Na Jania Har Raia
Kahoo Nanak Hum Nich Karma
Saran Parey Ki Rakho Sarma
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Bhul chuk muaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login