ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Benefits of hairs

Posted by preet kokri 
Benefits of hairs
April 23, 2012 10:14PM
Except spiritual benefits, there are many worldly benefits also as found by scholars. The given information below is read or listened by me from various sources.
Material benefits of hair-
1. Hairs prevent effect of pollution-
it's written that hair on skin of body saves body from pollution to some extent. HISTORICAL EXAMPLE- in bhopal when MIC gas leaked more than 15000 persons died, but it'd no effect on the fully bearded persons(about women information not available in my hand). I later confirmed the validity of this information from a person. He told that it is true, he further told that their sikh relatives were there and the gas had no effect on then.
It's first point, other benefits later.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Benefits of hairs
April 24, 2012 04:49AM
2. Hairs are stress controllers. Hairs control the stress. A magazine's article confirmed this that in western countries long haired person feel less stress.
April 24, 2012 06:47AM
3emergency defence- in case of extreme fear, hair release an energy that is helpful in preventing fear to some extent. I've just read this, no further proof.
4. Hair are helpful in tackling with weather. Both in summer and winter skin hair are helpful a lot.
According to bhagat pooran singh ji, there was a vaid(doctor) who used to suggest men to grow the beard to prevent the winter diseases.
5 i heard this in a lecture. Every generation starts from female and ends into female. In other words when a generation starts to end, its male members lose their male power. Removing facial hair is an action to lose male identity. Still nature is kind, it's not going to take revenge humans for torturing male hair. But if it comes on its fury, destruction is inevitable.
6 these are the all material benefits of hair about that i've this small info, if u've more info, then pls add in this post. And i confess that i've no proof to prove any point except 1st one. That's all info i've about benefits of hair til now.
April 24, 2012 08:21AM
Once in my childhood I had heard this line in one of the Katha but after that never heard/read anything related to this anywhere. The line that Katha Vachak Ji had said was something like this (I don't remember the exact words but meaning is listed below).

"Sikh who will keep their Kesh properly (since their birth), those Sikh even if they land up in Hell then Sache Paatshah Kalgidhar Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji will come riding on his Neela Ghoda (Guru Jee's Horse) and will pull his Sikh out of the Hell by his Kesh". So you see it's VISA to get out of any kind of Hell.

Daas does not have any Gurbani proof or Brahmgyani proof on this. But this is what I can recollect from the Katha which I heard in childhood.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
April 24, 2012 09:38AM
good ji. bring such more info here to inspire all of us.
April 27, 2012 09:59AM
one more benefit is here to list. the skin covered with hair is safe to the insect bites a lot.
April 27, 2012 10:07AM
Or how about the simple fact that it's Guru Sahib's hukam to keep Kesh. No other explaination is required, it's simple. Guru Sahib told us to keep Kesh. What is the need getting into man made technicalities. Kesh Guru de morh han!
April 27, 2012 11:46AM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

In reference to Bhai Jaskirat Singh's katha - perhaps someone can relay this with more detail - names and locations - it is from Suraj Parkash as narrated by a Gursikh to me. It is from memory, so there may be inconsistencies.

The katha may be in relation to a Muslim who became a mercenary in Dasam Patshah's army. When he came to join, Guru Sahib told him why don't you grow your hair? The Muslim asked why. Guru Sahib replied that a Guru can yank his Sikh from falling into hell by their Kesh. The Muslim replied that you can use my beard then. Guru Sahib is said to have laughed very hard. That same soldier was in the service of the Guru as a mercenary and became devoted. When the mercenaries had not been paid in some time and refused to work any longer for Guru Sahib, a Gursikh from the time of the sixth Patshah came with a large sum of gold (the same Gursikh who would sweep the floor and find a gold coin daily - he had been saving it upto give to the Guru). Guru Sahib passed out gold coins by filling his shield and giving openly to the mercenaries. The Muslim mercenary's turn was up, and Guru Sahib said take as you will. The mercenary humbly requested that he be given the greater treasure of becoming a Gursikh, to which Guru Sahib was pleased. He was given Amrit and became a Gursikh.
April 27, 2012 08:58PM

Or how about the simple fact that it's Guru Sahib's hukam to keep Kesh. No other explaination is required, it's simple. Guru Sahib told us to keep Kesh. What is the need getting into man made technicalities. Kesh Guru de morh han!

Amritvela ji, that was just to show to non religious persons that hairs are not useless. we all know that hairs are compulsary for a sikh, but these posts were just an attempt to show that hairs have material benefits also. no other intention.
April 28, 2012 11:33AM
Every body provides a function to serve man. For example, eyes allow us to see, brain allows us to think, nose allows us to smell. Hair allows our body to bare the different temperatures of the season. If the pores on our body were not protected by hair our bodies would not be able to live throughout the various seasons. In addition. combing our kes twice a day with a wooden comb circulates our blood; thus strengthening our heart.

Hair does not just serve us physical. Hair is special. When God created the body he first blessed it with hair.

ਜਬ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਸਬ ਸਿ੍ਰਸਿਟ ਉਪਾਈ । ਤਬ ਹੀ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹਿ ਬਨਾਈ ।
ਤਨ ਇਸ ਕੇ ਸਿਰ ਕੇਸ ਜੁ ਦੀਨੋ । ਸੋ ਇਹ ਤਨ ਸ਼ਿੰਗਾਰਿਹ ਕੀਨੋ ।
ਦਾੜ੍ਹਾ ਮੁੱਛ ਸਿਰ ਕੇਸ ਬਨਾਈ । ਹੈ ਇਹ ਦਿ੍ੜ ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਰਜ਼ਾਈ ।
ਮੇਟ ਰਜ਼ਾਇ ਜੁ ਸੀਸ ਮੁੰਡਾਵੈ । ਕਹੁ ਤੇ ਜਗ ਕੈਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਵੈ ।
“God created the whole universe and then he fashioned the human body. He
gave man a beard, moustaches and hair on the head. He who submits to His
Will steadfastly adheres to them. They who deny His Will how will they find
God in this world?”
(Bhai Desa Singh Rehatnama)

Guru Ji gave us Kes so we can do Naam Abhyiaas with each swas. Kes gives us the power to do Naam Abhyiaas. In each hair resides naam.

When we say " Kes beadbi" we often refer to the cutting or dying of Kes and not washing or oiling Kes, but the biggest beadbi of Kes is to keep kes and not do naam Abhyiaas.

In the following verse BHai Nand SIngh regards swas as a comb. Everytime he jaaps naam with this special comb the love of WaaheGuru increases more and more to the point of crazy love.

ਸਬਾ ਚੂੰ ਹਲਕਾਏ ਜ਼ੁਲਫੀਨੇ ਊਰਾ ਸ਼ਾਹਨ ਮੇ ਸ਼ਾਜ਼ਾਦ ਅਜਦ ਜ਼ੰਜ਼ੀਰ ਅਜ ਬੈਹਰੇ ਦਿਲੇ ਦੀਵਾਨਾ ਮੇ ਸ਼ਾਜ਼ਾਦ

ਸਬਾ ( amrit vela breeze breeze, sugandhee swas)
ਜ਼ੁਲਫੀਨੇ ( kes, rom)
ਸ਼ਾਹਨ ( comb)
ਦਿਲੇ ਦੀਵਾਨਾ ( crazy heart, heart in love)

We can comb our kes physically twice a day, but if we fail to comb it spiritually at lease twice a day (2.5 hours) then this is kes beadbi as well.

Guru Ji has given us hukum to spiritually comb our kes each and every second.

ਹਿਰਦੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਚਿਤਵੈ ਦੂਜਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ ॥
ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਹਰਿ ਉਚਰੈ ਖਿਨੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਈ ॥
April 28, 2012 03:02PM
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> When we say " Kes beadbi" we often refer to the
> cutting or dying of Kes and not washing or oiling
> Kes, but the biggest beadbi of Kes is to keep kes
> and not do naam Abhyiaas.

Vaheguroo, what a bachan veerjee!
Reply Quote ...&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgurmatbibek.com%2Fforum%2Fread.php%3F3%2C21530%2C21636%23msg-21636" target="_blank">TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login