ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tidyness

Posted by khalsa 
tidyness
April 24, 2012 09:27AM
a gur sikh must stay clean and tidy brush the beard and shampoo if you want to

a gur sikh should tie the beard if required the beard just like the body should be cleaned brushed everyday

a gur sikh must wash the hair 2 times a day hair is a gift from god you need to keep to clean everyday

yours sincerely

gurmeet singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: tidyness
April 24, 2012 10:11AM
Gursikhs don't use brush to comb their hair or beard but use wooden Kangha to do so. Secondly, Gursikhs don't tie the beard. They keep it natural. Rest of the points about keeping the body, hair and beard clean are fine.

Kulbir Singh
April 24, 2012 11:30AM
Kulbir Singh,
What if someone works as a surgeon or dentist, or any other profession that would require their beard to be out of the way. Would it still be wrong to tie their beard?
April 24, 2012 11:59AM
i would assume you would have to choose then, Waheguru or surgeon/ dentist?
WAHEGURU for me anytime! surgeon/ dentist made wise by Waheguru, so why chose them!
April 24, 2012 01:38PM
If there is danger to the beard e.g. working as a mechanic, then it is prudent to loosely tie it from underneath only, but the way, the beard is tied now a days i.e. totally glued to the skin to give it a trimmed-beard look, is totally wrong. The use of fixo or a thread to tie the beard is totally wrong. The beard of a Gursikh should be natural and open. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has written a whole article on this subject - Sachiyaan Daariyaan.

Kulbir Singh
April 24, 2012 03:56PM
I completely agree that using fixo/ a thread is wrong, I was talking about tying it losely from below. Apologies for not being clearer in my post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login