ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amrit Sanchar

Posted by g singh 
Amrit Sanchar
April 22, 2012 05:56PM
I will be receiving amrit this week with satguru jees kirpa but i have some general questions i wanted to ask sangat before the day comes.

1. What should be worn to the amrit sanchar? (i was planning on wearing blue tshirt and kachera but bringing chola along with me to change into before amrit sanchar starts and wear that during, if this is ok)
2. Should i have 5kakaars on me before i go, or do punj pyare/gurdwara provide kakaars that abhilakees are supposed to wear and change into before it starts? (i was planning on bringing 5kakaars with me just in case, not really sure what to do)

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Amrit Sanchar
April 22, 2012 06:03PM
Congratulations!

1) Wear the Chola to the Gurdwara Sahib, no point in changing once your there.
2) Wear all Kakkars before if you already have them. If you don't they should be provided to you.
April 22, 2012 06:04PM
You should do full Gurmat ishnaan which includes kesi ishnaan and wear sucha Gurmukh Bana. You should arrive in chola that is past your knees and white kashera with no pajami. Tie a basanti keski and surmai dastar on your head and have a white hazooria around your neck. It is best to wear the panj kakaars to the amrit sanchar.

Preetam Singh
April 22, 2012 07:08PM
Good luck on the great expedition waiting for you!

<<<<<<<<ਬਿਖੁ ਬਿਖਿਆ ਪਸਰੀ ਅਤਿ ਘਨੀ ॥>>>>>>>>>
April 23, 2012 01:13AM
Daas has one humble query.

Is wearing Dhummala (gol dastar as long as 10 meter) suggested during Amrit Sanchar ?

I know that during amrit sanchar, Panj Pyaare put Amrit into Kesh. So wearing Dhummala will cause some barrier ?

If a regular Pagri is worn then person can easily remove the Palla over Head and expose Kesh for Amrit.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa.
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.
April 23, 2012 07:00AM
Congratulations jee.

You should wear Blue Keski and Blue Dastaar as per Puraatan Maryada.

Leave a bit of space near Dasam duar so you can get the Amrit into your Kes.
April 23, 2012 09:41AM
Thank you for the help everyone, I will wear bana with kakaars to the amrit sanchar.
Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Ki Fateh
April 23, 2012 09:42AM
I concur with Preetam Singh. Bhai Kaur Singh who recently passed away, has written that apart from Baana, and Punj Kakaars, one should also carry full size Kirpan as per Puratan Maryada.

Kulbir Singh
April 23, 2012 05:03PM
I don't have full size kirpan, but i will try to carry the largest size possible...thanks for the info Bhai Sahib.
April 23, 2012 05:28PM
By full size I believe it is meant that the Kirpan should be about 2.5 feet to 3.0 feet. It should be a practical Jangjoo Kirpan not a stainless-steel toy Kirpan.

Kulbir Singh
April 23, 2012 05:29PM
How Many Inches Is A Full Size Kirpan?

Amanjot Singh
April 23, 2012 05:31PM
Thanks For That Bhai Sahib..

Amanjot Singh
April 23, 2012 07:00PM
By Regular Pagri

If you mean gurmukhee dastaar, with no poni, extra larhs or sewing in the dastaar, then sure.

Otherwise no veer jee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login