ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The effects of TV

Posted by g singh 
The effects of TV
April 12, 2012 02:32PM
For anyone who has not already heard the story from Se Kinehiya, I will post the summary here because its a really good story that all gursikhs should know...especially anyone who still watches tv/movies.

A man named Sadhu Singh came to Baba Harnam Singh Ji and started staying at the gurdwara. He soon started japping naam and doing seva and nitnem. Sadhu Singh had a disability from birth and he could not hear very well, but still he japped naam all day and eventually got blessed with ability to do simran even in his sleep. Sadhu Singh progressed so far this way that he began to hear anhad shabad and waheguru gurmantar was going on 24/7 inside of him.

One day his brother took him to his house in Ludhiana where he owned a TV. Something like this was rare and new at the time and not many people had TV. Sadhu Singh turned it on one day while his brother was at work and just watched the whole day, not knowing the effects of it. He continued like this for some time and singhs from the gurdwara came to see him. They saw how Sadhu Singh would watch Tv all day. By this time, Sadhu Singh had lost almost all of the great blessings satguru jee gave him...he could no longer hear anhad shabad and 24/7 gurmantar stopped inside of him, but he did not realize what was going on/what happened.

This singh could not even hear what the Tv was saying or any sounds that came out of it but still look how it completely ruined him! If he was ruined so far by TV only being able to see, imagine the negative effects we get when we see, hear, and understand! We should completely give up all tv and anything related to it so that this tragedy does not happen to us.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: The effects of TV
April 12, 2012 05:16PM
very true, read this - affect of tv:

[www.ndtv.com]
April 13, 2012 03:55AM
It's not completely bad. Necessary evil we can cal it. For example sant singh maskeen ji's lectures can be easily accessed on tv by persons who've no access to internet. I may be wrong also.
April 13, 2012 09:14AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Which is why my tv, has been gone since 2009, but sad to know from facebook, dastaar wearing Amritdhari Singhs/ Singhnis talk about hindi/ western movies.
Local Gurdwara Gianiji does not dare wear his kirpan (if he is amritdhari?)
So, I am waiting until I can be worthy of kirpan bravery, to scare off all 5 vices, and live amongst Gurmukhs 24/7.
Afterall life is simply filling one's belly, and roof over head, but Guruji's maya in disguise of 5 vices drowning 99.9% in inescapable maze cycles. Dhan dhan Guruji that Satnam Waheguru Naam is remedy waiting to save all, if Naam is our oxygen to keep our lungs going.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
April 13, 2012 09:54AM
preet kokri jee, i think you are correct that would be a good thing and i agree ks jee, wonderfully said.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login