ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurmantar and Amrit Sanchar

Posted by akaal74 
Gurmantar and Amrit Sanchar
March 30, 2012 09:43AM
Daas visited a church recently where a question came up related to Naam abhyaas. The lady asked if you focus on a specific word for meditation which is given by the Guru during the ceremony (Amrit sanchaar) if a person who is deaf/dumb how will that person recieve this and meditate on it without the capacity to listen or speak or worse case both.

Daas based on whatever tucch budhi could answer said to her that it is my belief that the Samrath Guru has proved it in his 8th form that if Naam is in your karam by Guru's nadar, you will get it. Even a deaf/dumb person can listen to it when the Guru saroop Panj piare will put their hand on the head of this person

Samarathh guroo sir hathh dhharyo ||
gur keenee kirapaa har naam dheeao jis dhaekh chara(n)n agha(n)n haryo ||

Do gursikhs agree to this or should daas have said something else?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
I think you have answered brilliantly. Along with Gurmat, such people need names like Beethoven, Louis Braille etc... to whom they can relate with to get convinced.

Now let us all look it from this perspective also (This is from my tucch budhi ) ....

After receving Naam
1. Will the deaf/dumb be able to listen to lady's question that, "Hey Deaf Person did you received Naam" ?
2. If deaf/dumb person says, "Hey you People I am Dumb person and Yes I got Naam. Now can you listen me, Lady "
?

Till the person (Manmukh Jeev) develop some devotion they won't be able to understand the mystical ways Akal Purakh work.

The funny things is that Human invented "Dog Whistle" and human themselve cannot listen it grinning smiley

Finally the deaf/dumb will say that, "Naam is ringing inside me at such a High Frequency, Hey you people won't listen it till you become deaf/dumb like me" !!!
fully agree to this logic.
Since topic of amrit is going on. Thought might as well ask smth tht some i know when through. The person went for peshi and got full amrit after being given tankah but after amrit sanchar he realised tht all the way until he was about too see guru sahib, he had remembered what offences he had committed but the moment he saw guru sahib, he could remember all his offences except 1. I was asked what to do but i had no answer would you sangat ji help this person? He is quite worried. But since he has gone through the full amrit ceremony again shouldnt all his sins be erased?
Ranjodh Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since topic of amrit is going on. Thought might as
> well ask smth tht some i know when through. The
> person went for peshi and got full amrit after
> being given tankah but after amrit sanchar he
> realised tht all the way until he was about too
> see guru sahib, he had remembered what offences he
> had committed but the moment he saw guru sahib, he
> could remember all his offences except 1. I was
> asked what to do but i had no answer would you
> sangat ji help this person? He is quite worried.
> But since he has gone through the full amrit
> ceremony again shouldnt all his sins be erased?

I did not understant what you are trying to say. Please answer my following questions...
1. The person gave tankah then and there itself before the Amrit Sanchar begin ?
2. He was about to see Guru Sahib. Did you meant Guru Sahib's manifestation in some form or you are talking about Sri Guru Granth Sahib's prakash ?
3. He had remembered what offences he had committed. Did you meant that he was trying to remember (in mind) all the mistake during the Amrit Sanchar was going on ? or Did you meant that he was speaking out his mistakes to Punj Pyare's ?
4. How the person confirms he was not able to remember 1 mistake ? It may be 2 or 3 or Zero.

Now regarding your question that "all his sins be erased" by taking amrit. Till date I was of the opinion that by taking Amrit you pledge to Guru Jee that from now hereon I will follow Gurmat (means including all Amritvela, Nitnem, Rehit, Bibek etc...) and do kamai of Sikhi. And in the process of earning Sikhi the Sins get erased and you start elevating your spiritual realms.
Re: Gurmantar and Amrit Sanchar
April 03, 2012 01:04PM
I would like to take Khandey Batey Di Pahul, but due to my lack of discipline to follow Gurmat Maryada, and also, lacking necessary preparation (not having read entire Gurbani/ or bathe in cold water, use iron/ pure vegetarian ingredients due to poverty majboor, just to mention some of many more), wonder if I should wait, cause I don't want to be a superficial amritdhari, like many in kalyug world today, but a pure hearted gem like Singh/ Singhni soormey?

Bhul chuk muaf
ks jee,

It is only in the hands of Guru Sahib to decide when we are ready for Amrit di daat and that is why the Punj Pyare do a thorough peshi of each abhilaakhi before administering Amrit. This being said, we should not delay at all in taking Amrit and preparing to do so no matter what the circumstances. There is a saying in the west that "where there is a will, there is a way" and truly if we make the effort to follow Guru Sahib's hukams then Guru Sahib will be fully sahahee to make it very easy to follow his hukams.

When the sidhs asked Guru Nanak Dev jee when the perfect time to adopt a Satguru is Guru Sahib replied saying ਪਵਨ ਅਰੰਭੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਤਿ ਵੇਲਾ ॥

Once we have started to breathe, we are already starting to get closer to our death and for this reason all our effort should go into prubhu prapti. We truly have no time to spare!

How can we reach our goal of Sachkhand without first having given our head to Satguru Granth Sahib jee?

Since no one can know how much time we have left, we should make full haste in getting Amrit at the nearest time.

I would suggest that you contact Gursikhs in your area if there is any help needed for monetary problems. Feel free to pm me if you require any numbers of Gursikhs in your area.

Preetam Singh
jaskirat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ranjodh Singh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since topic of amrit is going on. Thought might
> as
> > well ask smth tht some i know when through. The
> > person went for peshi and got full amrit after
> > being given tankah but after amrit sanchar he
> > realised tht all the way until he was about too
> > see guru sahib, he had remembered what offences
> he
> > had committed but the moment he saw guru sahib,
> he
> > could remember all his offences except 1. I was
> > asked what to do but i had no answer would you
> > sangat ji help this person? He is quite
> worried.
> > But since he has gone through the full amrit
> > ceremony again shouldnt all his sins be erased?
>
> I did not understant what you are trying to say.
> Please answer my following questions...
> 1. The person gave tankah then and there itself
> before the Amrit Sanchar begin ?
> 2. He was about to see Guru Sahib. Did you meant
> Guru Sahib's manifestation in some form or you are
> talking about Sri Guru Granth Sahib's prakash ?
> 3. He had remembered what offences he had
> committed. Did you meant that he was trying to
> remember (in mind) all the mistake during the
> Amrit Sanchar was going on ? or Did you meant that
> he was speaking out his mistakes to Punj Pyare's
> ?
> 4. How the person confirms he was not able to
> remember 1 mistake ? It may be 2 or 3 or Zero.
>
> Now regarding your question that "all his sins be
> erased" by taking amrit. Till date I was of the
> opinion that by taking Amrit you pledge to Guru
> Jee that from now hereon I will follow Gurmat
> (means including all Amritvela, Nitnem, Rehit,
> Bibek etc...) and do kamai of Sikhi. And in the
> process of earning Sikhi the Sins get erased and
> you start elevating your spiritual realms.

Veerji answer to your 1 st qn he was given tankah by punj during the amrit sanchar smagam
Number 2: i ment punj piyaaray as punj piyaaray are guru roop arent they.
Number3: i ment that he was speaking out his sins to punj piyaaray.
Number4: i am very sure he forgot to tell 1 of his sins by accident. You just gotta believe me on that.

What do u propose he do?
Ranjodh Singh Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
> What do u propose he do?

I am not too sure on this. I mean we commit 100 of mistakes daily, even I could forget 100 of mistakes while communicating with Punj Piyaaray during Amrit Sanchar.

What do we do in such case ??? Gurmukhs please explain.

Aradaas is the last resort what else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login