ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kautaks

Posted by Unjaan 
Kautaks
March 09, 2012 11:10AM
Please share some Kautaks that you have heard of, they don't have to be well known and could have been experienced by individuals historically. I've recently been reading Rangley Sajjan for the first time, and there are plenty in this book.

Ones that spring to mind is the mysterious ball of light that appeared in Darbar Sahib 135 years ago. And more recently the healing of Cancer of a man called Vasudev also at Darbar Sahib.

A sign outside on the Darshani Deori reads:

"It is for the knowledge of all that in Harimandir Sahib on April 30, 1877 at 4.30 in the morning, a strange thing happened. There were about four hundred devotees enjoying spiritual peace of celestial music in Harimandir Sahib when suddently a flash of lighting was seen which in the form of a big resplendence entered throught the door and exploded exactly like a ball in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and illuminating everything went out, becoming a streak of light through the southern door--though at the time of its exploding there was a forceful sound, no harm of any kind occured to any devotee sitting inside and no harm to the building or anything else in the precinct. All the people described this supernatural scene as the wonderful doing of Sri Guru Ram Das himself".

I've found the following Link whilst surfing, this prompted this post smiling smiley
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Kautaks
March 09, 2012 12:42PM
My iphone's wifi wasn't working for months. I never bothered to get it fixed. A Singh that happens to be close relative of mine decided one day to use it. That Singh had been reading a lot of Bani for a year, he doent anymore (I guess because of Haumai), So anyways... he takes my phone and starts using the internet. The wifi had started working when he needed it to. The wifi connection worked for a few days, than it stopped working again.
March 09, 2012 01:37PM
Gursimran Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My iphone's wifi wasn't working for months. I
> never bothered to get it fixed. A Singh that
> happens to be close relative of mine decided one
> day to use it. That Singh had been reading a lot
> of Bani for a year, he doent anymore (I guess
> because of Haumai), So anyways... he takes my
> phone and starts using the internet. The wifi had
> started working when he needed it to. The wifi
> connection worked for a few days, than it stopped
> working again.

Now THAT is what we call a karamat!
March 10, 2012 02:48PM
Regarding the Kautak at Darbar Sahib, I recently read something that will shed some new light on the matter. This is an extract from the excellant Golden Temple Book

"...The stunned Sikh onlookers ascribed its appearance as a divine sign from Guru Ram Das, but the colonial administration spun it differently: 'We think it is also a sign of the great prosperity of the British Rule'....

.....However, a far more sinisiter side to the British motives that fateful morning has emerged from the oral tradition connected with the shrine. The truth of the matter was passed down from sarbrah to sarbrah, until Professor Sahib Singh (1892-1977), the eminent Sikh scholar, revealed a secret, darker, backstory in his autobiography:

Sardar Sunder Singh Ramgarhia, sarbrah, and I were going in a horse carriage to Tarn Taran....On the way he related to me an astonishing incident. He said, 'This occurance I heard from the sarbrah before me [Arur Singh]. The English had heard of the many great heroic deeds of the Singhs, and that they got the power to perform these great sacrifices and deeds from bathing in the tank of Amritsar. So in order to finsih off the Sikh threat forever, the English decided to auction off the Harimandir Sahib and the surrounding area around the holy tank. The day of the auction was decided to be 30th April 1877. All the English officers came and sat down in the Harimandir Sahib. What else could the poor priests do apart from offer prayers at the altar of their true Master? The miraculous incident that happneded next is written on the entry gate of the Harimandir Sahib.

He concludes:

Sardar Sunder Singh, sarbrah, then said to me, 'All this was told to me by the previous sarbrah. He said that on seeing this miraculous sight, the English officers filled with fear. They decided not to go through with their evil scheme, and instead made offerings of Karah Prashad. The True King is the protector of his devotees' "

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Ram Das Ji!
March 12, 2012 04:45PM
I think that the biggest kautak that has ever occurred for me is that Guru Sahib blessed this undeserving neech with naam di daat.

Preetam Singh
March 15, 2012 06:25PM
Navroop SIngh you are 100% spot on - that is exactly what happenned - the brits learned that day not to ever mess with Darbar sahib
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login