ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nine Treasures of Naam

Posted by TSingh 
Nine Treasures of Naam
December 01, 2011 11:59AM
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have come across several tukhs which mention nine treasures of naam, some are:

Serving the True One, they find a lasting peace; they enshrine the nine treasures of the Naam within their minds. ||5||
ang 115

The nine treasures of the Naam come to dwell within their minds.
ang 122

Within them is the Infinite Shabad, and the Beloved Naam, the Name of the Lord; through the Naam, the nine treasures are obtained.
ang 569

what are these 9 treasures? what is their significance?
(I tried pasting the Gurmukhi too but it did not show up properly)
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Nine Treasures of Naam
December 03, 2011 12:42AM
T singh ji,
It brings us to basic and most crude question as to what si Naam in sikhism. Many persons are lost in this only. Regarding your specific query it can be answered by a person who have realized Naam and has obtained these treasures. It is always better to post full shabad so that we can share understanding. You have asked a question that I am unable to answer directly.
Re: Nine Treasures of Naam
March 14, 2012 04:20PM
According to Mahan Kosh the 9 Nidhis are as follows:

Padam (gold, silver)
Maha Padam (diamonds and precious stones)
Shankh (good clothes, tasty food)
Makar (excellence in martial arts, respect in the world)
Kachhap (Good business)
Mukand (expertise in fine arts)
Kund ((more profitable business)
Neel (even more profitable business)
Varch (Don’t know)

Different scholars have listed different 9 Nidhis. The basic idea is that getting Nau Nidhi means have access to any kind of treasure. In Gurbani, Naam has been called the mean of Nau Nidhi. Having Naam or attaining Naam means one gets access to any kind of treasure. With Naam Abhyass Nau Nidhis come to Gursikhs but they stay above these and stay focused on Naam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login