ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sri Anandpur Vasi- The Humble Pride of the Khalsa

Posted by gsingh 
[gurmatbodh.blogspot.com]

I was reading Sri Gurmukh Parkash, a book by Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee, and came upon his 22 Translations of the Shabad:

ਸਲੋਕੁਮਃ ੨ ॥
ਅਖੀਬਾਝਹੁਵੇਖਣਾਵਿਣੁਕੰਨਾਸੁਨਣਾ॥
ਪੈਰਾਬਾਝਹੁਚਲਣਾਵਿਣੁਹਥਾਕਰਣਾ॥
ਜੀਭੈਬਾਝਹੁਬੋਲਣਾਇਉਜੀਵਤਮਰਣਾ॥
ਨਾਨਕਹੁਕਮੁਪਛਾਣਿਕੈਤਉਖਸਮੈਮਿਲਣਾ॥੧॥

The arths themselves are beautiful and have been translated into English ( By a Gursikh from BC) for the Sangat to read (Please ask if you want to read them). But I wanted to focus on the last thing Sant Jee wrote:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦਾ ਗੋਲਾ ਲਾਲਾ
ਗੁਰਬਚਨ ਸਿੰਘ "ਖਾਲਸਾ" ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਪੁਰ ਵਾਸੀ

So much Humbleness can be seen here. Sant Jee calls himself the slave of the Khalsa. Sant Jee had so much Nimrata, being of such a High Padvee, the Jathedar of such a big Jatha of countless Gurmukh Pyare, he still referred to himself as the slave of the Khalsa. But we can see some Pride too of belonging to the Khalsa and being from Sri Anandpur Sahib. Who wouldn't be proud to belong to the Army of Akaal Purakh and be from the City of Bliss? This is Gurmukhi Maan. This is not Hunkaar, this is the pride of belonging to the Guru. Such a Brahmgiani Gurmukh as Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee definitely belonged to the Guru. Being so steadfast in Rehat, Sarbloh Bibek, Simran, Nitnem, Amrit Vela, Sant Jee was the very definition of a Khalsa.

Dhan Guru Ke Pyare, I am Kurbaan thousands and thousands of times to Gurmukh Pyare like Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Jee.

ਤਿਨਾਦੇਖਿਮਨਿਚਾਉਉਠੰਦਾਹਉਕਦਿਪਾਈਗੁਣਤਾਸਾ॥
Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue?

ਤਿਸੁਦਸਿਪਿਆਰੇਸਿਰੁਧਰੀਉਤਾਰੇਇਕਭੋਰੀਦਰਸਨੁਦੀਜੈ॥
Whoever leads me to my Beloved - I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant.

Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Please post the translations gsingh veer jee, I've always struggled with understanding this shabad.
Great post Gagan SIngh Jeeo.

Regardless on wherever we live , Sri Anandpur Sahib will always be our home. Unforutunately, indulged in riches many of us have become ungrategul sons/daughters and forgotten our home. We rarely ever send contributions to develop our home. Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji first developed Sri Anandpur Sahib as a place of commerce, education, and a place for the disenfranchised. Under attack Guru Sahib changed this city into a fort. After Guru Sahib departed Sri Anandpur Sahib the people forgot Guru Sahibs intention in developing a true city of bliss. Hopefully we can bring this holy city back to the glory it once exhibted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login