ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਹਰਿਚੇਤਿਮਨਮੇਰੇ ॥ grinning smiley

Posted by simmal tree 
vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

this is suuuuuuuuuch a beautiful shabad. and so much motivation, inspiration and wisdom in it.

could the sangat please do vichar of it -- share anything. your thoughts, feelings, perspectives, memories, anything related to this shabad.

ਬਸੰਤੁਮਹਲਾ ੫ ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਦੇਖੁਫੂਲਫੂਲਫੂਲੇ ॥ ਅਹੰਤਿਆਗਿਤਿਆਗੇ ॥ ਚਰਨਕਮਲਪਾਗੇ ॥ ਤੁਮਮਿਲਹੁਪ੍ਰਭਸਭਾਗੇ ॥ ਹਰਿਚੇਤਿਮਨਮੇਰੇ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਸਘਨਬਾਸੁਕੂਲੇ ॥ ਇਕਿਰਹੇਸੂਕਿਕਠੂਲੇ ॥ ਬਸੰਤਰੁਤਿਆਈ ॥ ਪਰਫੂਲਤਾਰਹੇ ॥੧॥
ਅਬਕਲੂਆਇਓਰੇ ॥ ਇਕੁਨਾਮੁਬੋਵਹੁਬੋਵਹੁ ॥ ਅਨਰੂਤਿਨਾਹੀਨਾਹੀ ॥ ਮਤੁਭਰਮਿਭੂਲਹੁਭੂਲਹੁ ॥ ਗੁਰਮਿਲੇਹਰਿਪਾਏ ॥ ਜਿਸੁਮਸਤਕਿਹੈਲੇਖਾ ॥ ਮਨਰੁਤਿਨਾਮਰੇ ॥ ਗੁਨਕਹੇਨਾਨਕਹਰਿਹਰੇਹਰਿਹਰੇ ॥੨॥੧੮॥
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
What a perfect time to post this Shabad, Bhai Kulpreet Singh jeeo. Usually this Shabad is sung with the coming of spring season. March has begun, which means the trees and plants would again blossom. Actually, a lot of metaphor is used in the above Shabad. Guru Sahib is really describing the Spiritual State of Sant Bhagats who play in Spiritual Realms.

Gurbani is Agam, Agaadh, Bodh.

Jaspreet Singh
I still remember the keertaniyee and the tune that I first heard this shabad in. It's very mangalmaiyee. It makes me think of the rangley sajjan of Bhai Randheer Singh Jee's samma, as the jatha was only just starting out, and these long lost soul-brethren were re-uniting in mysterious ways, awakening, and blossoming - dekh phool phool phooley! Who can describe it better than Guru Sahib.

We've been living in such a deadened state for so long that our Panth has not been able to experience the full extent of what this shabad is describing. But with Guru Sahib Jee's kirpa, the true season of basant is arriving once more, and the revolution will dye the whole earth in the colours of spring.

Guru Sahib kirpa karo, don't let us get left behind. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login