ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hazooriya?

Posted by AmanjotSingh 
Hazooriya?
February 12, 2012 10:33AM
VahegurooJeKaKhalsa,,VahegurooJeKiFateh!

While having a Gurmat Veechar on the meaning on Humbleness with my family members, we where taking about how the Gurmukhi Bana is involved into this because now days a lot of people who wear an Hazooriya are made to look like they are full of them selves and then a mockery is made out of them! This is because the true meaning of an Hazooriya has been lost/forgotten.

When I go to see Guru Sahib at any Program Including The Gurdwara I will always have an Hazooriya, but when I wear it, many people say to me, 'why are you wearing a Pala in your neck are you a Sant? you think your better than everyone else, you should stay nimaniya' they go on and on, when one starts it gives the ammunition for others to start, even some Amritdhari people say this. If I speak back they say 'Who do you think you are..' & 'We know better, just listen to what we are saying' and they just DO NOT LISTEN!!

We Need The Full History On This, The Meaning & How To Deal With This Situation..

Also.. Another Question I Was Asked By A Gursikh Was : CAN A NON - AMRITDHARI WEAR AN HAZOORIYA?

Please Enlighten Me,,

Daas Amanjot Singh
VahegurooJeKaKhalsa,,VahegurooJeKiFateh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Hazooriya?
February 12, 2012 03:47PM
Perhaps in response you should ask them why they have come to Guru Sahib's darbaar without one. smiling smiley
February 12, 2012 06:32PM
Or you can think of them as fools, which is a theory they proved to you themselves with their words, and move on worrying about guru ji, than owing explanations.
February 12, 2012 09:24PM
Just say "I'll get one for you next time, all you needed to do was ask!"
February 12, 2012 09:33PM
From what I have heard from other gursikhs that the name of hazooria came from hazoor. It is what a servant would carry in front of his hazoor and when we go to guru sahib darshan, we go as a servant and thus carry a hazooria. Hence carrying a hazooria is the show of humbleness and nimaanapan even though today people carry hazooria of all kind of fashion material and art work which is not the purpose.

In India the servants used to carry a piece of cloth on their shoulders as well.

I might be wrong but shared what I heard from elder Gursikhs, others can point the detailed information they might have heard about.
February 13, 2012 02:04AM
There is also an incident at the time of Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji (captured in the book - 'Se Kenhayia'), in which Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji gave darshan to Baba ji and (amongst other things) also mentioned that he prefers that Sikhs come to Him for darshan and also at the time of ardas, to have a Hazooria with them.

More details can be found inside the book!
February 14, 2012 05:25AM
VahegurooJeeKaKhalsaVahegurooJeeKeFateh!

Thank You Peyare 'JpSingh77' Very Inspirational Story smiling smiley

Could Some Sajan Tell Us The Core Importance Of An Hazooriya ?

Also, The Question Daas Asked Before : CAN A NON - AMRITDHARI WEAR AN HAZOORIYA?

VahegurooJeeKaKhalsaVahegurooJeeKeFateh!

Daas
Amanjot Singh
February 14, 2012 06:59AM
Hanjee Amanjot Singh jee, everyone should wear gurmukhi bana when coming to Guroo Sahib's sharn. Gurmukhi bana includes hazooria and even shardaloo's who are not amritdhari should wear bana in gurdwara sahib.

Hazooria is our sign of humility in front of Guroo Sahib and it is not right to stand in front of Guroo Sahib without our hands together with hazooria in hand.

Preetam Singh
February 14, 2012 07:36AM
VahegurooJeKaKhalsaVahegurooJeKeFateh..

Dhanvad, Peyare Preetam Singh Jee!

Some Non - AmritDharis Do Question The Gursikhi Bana, And Having The Right Knowledge Is Very Valuable When Asked Such Questions So You Can Put Out Their Doubts.. - The Rest Guru Sahib Knows.

Thanks Again

Daas
Amanjot Singh

VahegurooJeKaKhalsaVahegurooJeKeFateh!
February 14, 2012 03:04PM
Benti to all Rehitvaan Gurmukh Khaalsey, please don't bother about those misled souls who keep questioning Rehit. Its good to discuss and explain affectionately once or twice or even thrice, but after that if they still keep questioning, its just because they are unfortunate. Better to keep going with your Gurmukh jeevan and avoid arguing with such ignorant and stupid people once you know that they are only there to harass you and not to learn anything from you.

bhull chukk muaaf karni jee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login