ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dhyaan

Dhyaan
January 22, 2012 01:16PM
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
cyber sangat ji i started going on this forum for about a year now and i have read the articles written about Bhai sahib Bhai Jagtar Singh JI, Kulbir singh ji you wrote some thing about when Jagtar singh Ji were sitting in dhyann and you disturbed him. What do you mean by {Dhyaaan} is it something that all sikhs should practice. Can you please explain this to me?
Bhul chuc Muaff Karni
Vahegur ji ka khalsa and fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Dhyaan
January 22, 2012 05:31PM
someone Pleaze respond to my question Iam in the state of: { just like how a rainbird thirsts for amrit} in the same way iam thirsting for some one to answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh
January 22, 2012 05:51PM
Dhian - refers to meditation, focusing on God, being attentive, etc.

Yes, every Sikh is suppose to practice meditation daily. Ideally we are suppose to do at least 2.5 hours of naam abhyiaas daily. God has given us 24 hours each day the most we can do is offer 10 percent of this day to him. The same way we offer ten percent of our earnings.
ਦਸ ਬਸਤੂ ਲੇ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ਏਕ ਬਸਤੁ ਕਾਰਨਿ ਬਿਖੋਟਿ ਗਵਾਵੈ ॥

God gives us 10 things ( human birth) but we waste this human birth by not even offering at least 10 percent to him. Many Gursikhs try to do most of their naam abhyiaas during Amrit Vela, because Amrit vela is the most effect time for meditation. When a person keeps a solid schedule of naam abhyiaas ( meditation on God) during Amrit vela then eventually Naam simran goes automatically through the day like a pendelum going back and forth.
January 22, 2012 08:04PM
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh
Thank-you for replying veerji you did explain naam abhyaas well but i want to know that does sitting, closing your eyes and start doing naam abhyaas mean your sitting in Dhyaan or simply just plunging deep into your mind trying to have the realization of truth means sitting in dhyan. Thirdly can anyone sit in Dhyaan just for abhyaas or do you sit in dhyaan when you get naam nivaas [ when the thoughts of the mind freeze}? When does this stage come after meditation?
January 22, 2012 08:43PM
Bhai Sahib jio, since you asked Daas to answer under this topic but the incident under question is unknown to this daas, Bhai Kulbir Singh jee can explain that. However, about the Dyaan Guru Sahib says 'Dhunn Mei Dyaan, Dyaan Meh Jania' Concentrating on Dhunn leads towards Him. During Naam Abhiyaas once a Gursikh is drenched in Dhunn, outside world's switch gets turned off. This avastha is hard to get that is why every Gursikh tries best to get it with Guru Sahib's Nadro Karam and once there, Gursikh strives to prolong that as long as possible otherwise if surti got distracted then it will be hard to get back to that state. Daas do not think I can explain this but there are many Gursikhs who visit this forum can explain better. The bottom line is keep engaging oneself in Naam Abhiyaas those stages come automatically once Guru Sahib does kirpa. Gurmat is mystic world and a Sikh learns new everyday. That is why Gurbani says 'Satgur Mera Neet Navan'.

Bhul Chuk Di Khima

With Regards,
Daas
January 23, 2012 06:13AM
When we japp Naam, we are supposed to do it with Dhyaan. Deeper our Dhyaan is in Shabad Dhuni, more spiritual experiences we get. Bhai Jagtar Singh was sitting in Dhyaan whereby he was enjoying the fruits of doing Dhyaan. Details are not appropriate to write. It is for all of us to experience the bliss of Dhyaan by ourselves doing the hard work of Gurmat Naam Abhyaas.

Being in Dhyaan means concentrating on Naam Dhuni. What more is there to say? All we need to do is Japp Gurmat Naam according to the Gurmat Vidhi taught by the Punj Pyare.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login