ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FACING SOME PROBLEMS WHILE KEEP BIBEK

Posted by Jatinder Singh 
VAAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA
VAAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH G

i had moved to canada last year from india,
andwhere i m leaving right now, the most of the singhs here r not keeping rehat, and whenever they meet me or i visit there house, they
always force me to eat, like they know i m keeping rehat, but still they force me to eat and said "ton balaa bibeki aa
sanu sari umar hogi jathay ch, kuj nyi hunda enaa galaa naal" " bas naam japaya kar" but i know whenever i eat from there
house. first thing my amritvela goes late always, and second thing maya comes in mind, like bad thinking....
i really wanna be a better singh, i love following gursikhi jeevan. but singhs here don't understand my point.

bcoz i can't explain them the whole thing, i know they r older in jatha, they know everything, but they r not following
rehats and i also don't want to hurt them by saying harsh words. one time i told them like bhai sahib randhir singh ji also
followed the rehat and so i m just following bhai sahib's steps according to Guroo sahib'S HUKAM,
Then they argued "una vargaa jeevan v banaa fir, mai kiha i m trying my best what i can do, but u know tht they do not understand anything.

and if i avoid visiting there place, they bring food to my place, like i m student here and my family is in india yet.
i talked with so many singhs and also with my family too abt my situation, but nothing works yet.
it really hurts me more than anything....

so tell me wht can i do?
VAAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA
VAAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
VAAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA
VAAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH G

Great to read about your feelings and urge to keep the Bibek Rehat. Guru Sahib is really very Kirpallo on you that being a student you are trying to keep the Bibek Rehat.

While getting on this road we need to keep onething in mind that there will be oppositions for sure and thats what exactlly you are going through too. People who are themselves weak and are unable to keep this great Gifted Rehats of Guru Sahib, for sure try to give all sorts of explanations and excuses to make sure that another one who is trying to follow the path gets astray as soon as possible. There is no doubt that results of getting ourselves into such societies will cause trouble like Amritvela loss,little or no growth in the Gurmat scale etc which you are already experiencing.

The only way to get out of it is to get BOLD with yourself and ignore everything. We dont have to prove anything to anyone to be REHATDHARI unless someone is really interested to understand or Know. My experience with this is that you have to do this 2-3 times in row and then people start to accept it.

Do Ardass to Guru Sahib and just go for it without thinking what others think and would do. The things will settle down, all we need to remember is that these are Guru Sahib's Hukams which must be obeyed at all costs. On the hand the people who try to break your Rehats are not your friends. On this road ,friends are those who encourage you on the path of Guru rather than making you go back.

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karn - helps you with your Urge !!

Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh!
thanx bhai sahib
Guroo Sahib knows everything, i told them so many times, but don't know why they r not understanding.
yep u r right we hav to keep rehat at all cost.
I dont understand why SInghs in BC would give you a hard time in following BIbek. There are some older
and respectful Singhs in the Jatha who keep Bibek ( ex Bhai Bharpoor SIngh Ji and Bhai Sher Singh Ji).
Everybody knows these Singhs and respect them. If people keep bothering you about Bibek perhaps
you can have these Gurmukhs talk to these people who are bothering you. Canada is an extremely liberal country
and the some Singhs living in this country have adopted a liberal way of thinking. We should not let the culture
we live in effect our thinking of Sikhi.

We all are going through the same problems you are going through. If we live in an area where SInghs dont
follow Bibek strictly then we isolate ourselves from the sangat. Having good relations with sangat is an important
part of sikhi, but at the same time keeping rehat is equally important. Im not that strict in Bibek in which I only eat
from Singhs who eat from only those who keep sarab loh bibek. If I was in in your situation I would tell the SInghs I will
eat from you if you come to Amrit Vela everyday. Most people who dont follow bibek have difficulty with AMrit vela. The chances are high that they wont come. I have many monay in my family and they use to give me a difficult time about not
eating from them. I just told them I will eat from you when you take Amrit, and now they know longer bother me smiling smiley
there's always ppl that will want to ruin another gursikhs jeevan intentionally and sometimes unintentionally.

Its best to have no friends.

i dont know why but i just feel that for some reason from what i have experienced, if a singh is trying to follow the path of sikhi, there will always be dozens and dozens of people that will try to weaken thier jeevan by making fun of them and mocking them but there will be no one or only one person that will want to strengthen them in thier jeevan.
Jatinder Singh jeeo , it seems more of a gripe towards them rather than focusing on your self.

If you focus on your self and what and where you need to get to - you don't need any of them or any one else apart from your prem/pyar sharda for Guru Sahib and the concepts of rehat.

Secondly what bhai suggests " its' best to have no friends" - is the worst piece of advice for a sikh - even though he means its on the perspective of keeping sarbloh rehat - have friends and show them how beautifully and peacfully you are at piece with how you are following the concept of sarbloh rehat and not worried about any one else. Since until you are at peace with it - you will not get anyone on your side without a doubt.

Most important - Khalsa is friend of everyone - welcomes all - with keeping his own protocols of rehat without question or doubt or discussion or criticism.
I agree with Narinder SIngh its not a wise thing to disassociate with people who are just uniformed
about Bibek. These SInghs probably thinking you are by yourself and have no family or wife to feed
you so out of love and care they are just offering food. All you can do is push them in their rehat instead
of having them you away from rehat.
thanx for the ur concern singhoo.....i hav done all things, u all mentioned.
nothing works yet, they said they will keep rehat when they want, they don't wanna to be push into keep bibek,
but this is not right to not to be social or hav no frnds.

but now i m thinking, i will say no to them when they will offer me anything to eat, i know they all r giving so much love and care, so tht
i don't feel alone here. they all r really loving gursikhs.
they asked me one question "if it is order to keep bibek and eat only from bibeki gursikhs, then why should Guroo Gobind Singh ji's rasoyee was
Gangoo Halwaye"?
jatinder singh r u living in surrey?

they asked me one question "if it is order to keep bibek and eat only from bibeki gursikhs, then why should Guroo Gobind Singh ji's rasoyee was
Gangoo Halwaye"?

Singho, Gangoo Halwaye was not the cook of Guru Sahib. This is some misunderstanding of history.
Guru Sahib only ate from Gursikhs. For example, Bhai Dayal Das who was from the family
of Baba Adham Ji prepared langar for Guru Sahib and Guru Sahib did not eat because Dayal
Dass did not take Amrit yet. Dayal Dass asked Guru Sahib to come to his house and do bhog on
the langar, and Guru Sahib said:

ਅਸੀਂ ਮਰਯਾਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਪਕ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਬੇਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਈਏ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਚਰਣ ਨਹੀ ਪਾਉਣੇ , ਨਾ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਭੇਟਾ ਤੇ ਨਾ ਲੰਗਰ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਨ ਕਰਨਾ ਹੈ-
The maryada of Guru Ka langar has been fixed. We will not step foot in your house nor will we bless the langar.
Gurpartap Surya

Dayal Das said he was a SIkh, he did not smoke, drink or eat meat, and his family has been into SIkhi since the
Sri Guru Raam Das's time.
Guru Sahib told Dayal Dass

ਸਿਖ ਉਹੋ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਹੁਕਮ ਮੰਨੇ , ਹੁਕਮ ਮੰਨ ਤਾ ਸੇਵਾ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਨ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ
He is a Sikh who obeys the Gurus Hukum. Ones service is only accepted if they accept the Gurus Hukum.

Guru Gobind SIngh Ji also told Bhai Chaupa SIngh the following Hukum
ਜਾਕੀ ਰਹਤਿ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਨਹੀ ਚੀਤ।
ਉਨਕਾ ਭੋਜਨ ਖਾਇਕੈ ਬਿਸਰਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ।
One who eats food from someone who doesnt follow rehat and recite the mantar given at initiation will lose their love for God.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says cursed is the food and clothes by the person who does not do naam abhyiaas.\
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਨੀ ਤਿਨ ਧਿਗੁ ਪੈਨਣੁ ਧਿਗੁ ਖਾਣੁ ॥੧॥

BIbek is a extremely difficult for people because eating is a social custom in Punjabi culture. Its very difficult to convince people to follow rehat. All you can do is politely refuse and said of debating about why Bibek is important.
thanx sukhdeep singh ji it makes sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login