Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Veechar

Posted by hps 
Veechar
January 16, 2012 02:40AM
Respected Veer jio,

ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਇ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
The True Guru leads us to meet the Immaculate True God through the Word of His Shabad. ||1||Pause||
ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਸੋ ਮਿਲਿ ਰਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਉ ਆਪੇ ਲਏ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥
One whom the Lord merges into Himself is merged in the Shabad, and remains so merged. [27-3]
The part of the shabad appears at ang 27.
The words to be contemplated: Satguru, Sabad
Who is stated to be satguru in the above Lines.?
What is the meaning of 'sabad' in the above lines. Is it the same as it appears in shabad Guru surati dhun Chella'If not, kindly explain the meaning or Is this same as 'Naam'.
As usual I am at the receiving end.

Thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Veechar
January 16, 2012 09:56AM
In this Pankiti, the meanings seem to be as follows:

ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Satgur is Sach, Prabh and Nirmala (without dirt), and He alone can enable us to meet Vaheguru through his Shabad.

The previous Pankiti is:

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

which means that it is Vaheguru with whom the union is sought. Union with Vaheguru is possible only through Vaheguru-Roop Satguru who does this union through His Shabad.

Shabad here means Naam but it also means teaching of Guru i.e. Gurmat. Gurmat includes Naam as well as Gurbani. By following Gurmat, one can meet Vaheguru.

Kulbir Singh
January 16, 2012 09:22PM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In this Pankiti, the meanings seem to be as
> follows:
>
> ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ
> ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ
> ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
> Satgur is Sach, Prabh and Nirmala (without dirt),
> and He alone can enable us to meet Vaheguru
> through his Shabad.
>
>
> The previous Pankiti is:
>
> ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ
> ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
>
> which means that it is Vaheguru with whom the
> union is sought. Union with Vaheguru is possible
> only through Vaheguru-Roop Satguru who does this
> union through His Shabad.
>
> Shabad here means Naam but it also means teaching
> of Guru i.e. Gurmat. Gurmat includes Naam as well
> as Gurbani. By following Gurmat, one can meet
> Vaheguru.
>
> Kulbir Singh

Thank you Veer ji,
I am slow in picking Gurbani words. Please forgive me if I ask very simple and plain questions that may look like childish but your guidance shall go a long way in helping.

Satgur is Sach, Prabh and Nirmala (without dirt), and He alone can enable us to meet Vaheguru through his Shabad.
My question
Satguru refers to Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and shabad refers to hymn/Gurbani..
Kindly confirm.
and also forgive me for bothering you.
Kindly also let me know if I can post my questions that are basic in nature like this as I am not yet fully acquainted with Gurbani Grammar and am a fairly old man to learn now. I want t practice than to learn theory. May be I am late but I do want to give my time to simran only.

Regards!
January 17, 2012 06:56AM

Satguru refers to Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and shabad refers to hymn/Gurbani..
Kindly confirm. and also forgive me for bothering you.
Kindly also let me know if I can post my questions that are basic in nature like this as I am not yet fully acquainted with Gurbani Grammar and am a fairly old man to learn now. I want t practice than to learn theory. May be I am late but I do want to give my time to simran only.

Yes Satguru at this time is Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee because the Guru-Jyoti has been placed in Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee by Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee.

Shabad refers to Naam and Gurbani. As stated before - Shabad here means Naam but it also means teaching of Guru i.e. Gurmat. Gurmat includes Naam as well as Gurbani. By following Gurmat, one can meet Vaheguru.

Don't hesitate in asking Gurmat questions.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login