ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guru Angad Dev Jee and sports (physical fitness)

Posted by harinder_singh 
Does this mean that present kabadddi games in Punjab are a good step ?

[www.sikhiwiki.org]

Physical Fitness
Guru Angad took a keen interest in physical fitness, and encouraged his devotees to be involved in sports after their morning prayers. Guru Angad Dev ji inspired people to lead healthy lives. According to Guru ji, if you are physically fit only than you can pursue higher goals in life, because a sound mind can exist only in a sound body. He provided opportunities to underprivileged sections of the society to maintain good health. He encouraged all people to be involved in wrestling bouts or Mal Akharas to compete in physical competitions. This was again his way of doing away with social taboos of people of lower caste not having physical contact with higher castes. These steps initiated by him laid the foundation for a spiritually, educated and enlightened, healthy Sikh community, without distinctions of caste and creed.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
The games are a good idea - but there is nothing on promoting SIkhe - within the same context - if it was - it would be an even great step and they would be further successful at it. I have been a keen player mysel in my young days and have read some history of sikhs who used to play in the 60's 70's - most were keshdahri - and extremely fit and strong way beyond your imagination. They would play kabaadi with the sarngee and dhadi playing in the background no bale bale commentary as it is these days. I also once read of a guy who weighed only 45 kilos - 6ft 2 in tall and could lift boreee weighing 250 kg. In the same context Bhai sahib who is chanee jee's son plays tabla with Dulla Veer jee - when in the 80,s ealry 90's they were in the uk I saw him with my own two eyes do 20 press ups wit with two 100kg weighing gursikhs sitting on his back.!!
Gurbani kirtan listening while training is a great help - my own nephew only weighs 75 kg can powerlift three different exercises three times his body weight with ease.Gurbani is the real protein like no other - but one has to try it and see.

There is no place for a sikh to have big round gut as we see these days everywhere - obese sick looking/ - as per Gurbani parnam:

"fit evaaa jeveeaaa jin khaayee wadeyaaa pheeet"

scenice has proven fit body= fit mind - with Gurbani as ingredient it's superfit -on focus and concentration - but you must do 1 hour a day a bare minimum to see results.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login