ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tips for Hair Care

Posted by Vista 
Tips for Hair Care
November 28, 2011 12:47PM
Does anybody have any tips and remedies for making kesh thicker. My hair is really fine..

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Tips for Hair Care
November 28, 2011 01:21PM
Daas at one point was blessed with so much kesh, I never appreciated them.
Now that they are thinning and beginning to fall out, daas really wishes for "Kesh Daan"

It is becoming near impossible to tie an "Uch Dumallaraah" eye rolling smiley

So, Yes, Give us remedies for hair care jeeo, be it oiling, washing or combing. Karo Kirpaa
November 28, 2011 05:24PM
You can get thicker hair by preparing a banana hair mask by pureeing two bananas in a blender and adding a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.

You can also add a few drops of rosemary, thyme or any other aromatic oil in the mixture. Make sure that the mixture has a smooth and even consistency.
hope it helps.
smiling smiley

Sukhsehaj Kaur
November 28, 2011 06:50PM
k.sehaj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
You can get thicker
> hair by preparing a banana hair mask by pureeing
> two bananas in a blender and adding a tablespoon
> of extra virgin olive oil.
> You can also add a few drops of rosemary, thyme or
> any other aromatic oil in the mixture. Make sure
> that the mixture has a smooth and even
> consistency.
> hope it helps.
> smiling smiley

I'm disgusted by just reading this. No thank you. smiling smiley
November 29, 2011 01:03AM
Veerji, singhs in India use khatta dahi to do ishnaan of kesh, and most singh's utilize mustard oil. give time for your kesh to dry, never tie them wet.

more suggestions please...
November 29, 2011 11:18AM
Mustard oil is amazing for keeping kesh healthy
November 30, 2011 08:32AM
Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji, writes very beautifully, in one of his books about this topic. Mustard oil finds reference there, too. Cheap and Best.
November 30, 2011 08:57AM
Thanks for all replies.

I will stick to Mustard Oil for a few months and see what happens.

MB SINGH jee can you please type/upload the passage about Mustard Oil from Bhai Sahib jee please.
November 30, 2011 08:59AM
Reference to Chheva (Mustard oil) is in Gurmat Bibek, Keshi Ishnaan section.

Kulbir Singh
December 01, 2011 04:51PM
do you put the mustard oil in your kesh after you have had ishnaan and the hair has dried?
December 01, 2011 06:16PM

Does anybody have any tips and remedies for making kesh thicker. My hair is really fine..

Some people are born with thick hair others are born with fine. I dont know if fine hair can ever become
thick but through personal testimony I know thick hair can be fine if not taken care properly.

I use to have extermely thick hair. But because I didnt follow Kes Maryada
properly may hair has become much more fine. Among many of the maryadas I neglected, one
was doing khula ishnaan on kes, and not using shampoo daily.

The kes has natural oils. These oils are meant to keep the hair strong and healthy. When we wash our
kes with shampoo everyday then we lose these natural oils. Also when we wash our kes under a shower head
more oils are lost as opposed to washing kes manually.
December 01, 2011 07:14PM
ਮੈਂ ਤੇ ਹੁਣੇ 2 ਘੈਂਟੇ ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਹੇਯਰ ਡਰਾਯਰ ਲੈਕੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ sad smiley
December 01, 2011 08:43PM
Mehtab Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ਮੈਂ ਤੇ ਹੁਣੇ 2 ਘੈਂਟੇ
> ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਹੇਯਰ ਡਰਾਯਰ
> ਲੈਕੇ ਆ ਗਿਆ sad smiley

OMG!!!eye popping smiley OH NO!!! HOW DARE YOU???yawning smiley

Maybe Giani Bhai Sahib Bhai Sukhdeep Singh ji California Waley can quote a verse from some Rehitnama that forbids Sikhs to use a hair dryer!!!
Bhai Sukhdeep Singh ji, Kirpa karo!!!
December 02, 2011 07:53AM
Ok after researching on Mustard Oil this is what I found. It has so many hidden qualities besides Hair Care! No wonder so many Granthi Singhs use it..

Stimulant:

This oil is a very strong stimulant. This is very effective in stimulating excretion, circulation and digestion. If this is used for massaging, it stimulates circulation very effectively. Even the effects are visible. Mustard oil stimulates digestion by stimulating the production of bile and gastric juices from liver and spleen. Even the excretory system is stimulated by mustard oil as the peristaltic movement of intestines is stimulated.

Appetizer:

This oil acts like an appetizer and increases hunger. This can be a side effect of the stimulant and irritant nature of oil. This irritates the inner lining of intestines and stomach, stimulates digestive juices and makes you feel hungry.

Irritant:

Even though it is considered as an irritant, it is beneficial sometimes. Irritation is defined as a reaction of an organ to any external agent and also shows that the organ is responding to the external stimuli. This is the benefit with mustard oil. This property helps in bringing back the sensation to the organs that suffer from lack of sensation or numbness. This property is used for pumping up muscles as well.

Antibacterial:

This has antibacterial properties. If taken internally, it combats bacterial infections in urinary tract, excretory system, digestive system, colon and so on. If applied externally, it treats bacterial infections of the skin.

Insect repellent:

Insects and other small animals stay away from this oil. Hence, mustard oil acts like a insect repellent as well. This oil can also be used in vaporizers and fumigants for driving away insects.

Anti fungal:

Mustard oil serves like an anti fungal agent because of Allyl isothiocyanate. It doesn’t let fungal growth and even inhibits fungal growth if there is any.

Hair vitalizer:

The stimulating effect and presence of some fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid, if combined together make an effective hair vitalizer. The stimulating effects of oil enhance blood circulation in scalp whereas the fatty acids nourish the roots of hair. It has been observed that long term use of this oil on the hair gives it a brown color but strengthens and prevents hair fall efficiently.

Diaphoretic:

Mustard oil promotes sweating either if taken internally and applied externally. This stimulates sweat glands to secrete more sweat and also enlarges the openings of skin pores. This property of mustard oil is useful in reducing the body temperature and also remove the toxins, water and excess salts from the body.

Cordial:

The warmth feeling of mustard oil makes it a cordial. This warms up the internal systems like respiratory system and safeguards it from accumulation and formation of phlegm. Also it warms up your body in winter season to some extent. This can be due to the irritating and stimulating effects.

Tonic:

Mustard oil serves as an all rounder tonic for the health. This tones up all the systems in the body, boosts up immunity and also gives strength.

Anti arthritic and anti rheumatic:

This oil gives relief from arthritis and rheumatism and has been used for massaging.

Other benefits:

This is very effective in curing cold, cough, body pains and aches, congestion caused by cold, headache and for muscular growth. Also, it is rubbed on the gums to strengthen them and also to protect them from germs
December 02, 2011 07:55AM
-
January 01, 2012 01:18PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Although I haven't tried this hair oil, but it looks promising. One of the most popular castor oils is Jamaican Black Castor Oil. The complaint that I have come across about this oil is that it smells smoky. It is ranked #1 on Amazon in massage oils. Here are some of the links:

[www.castoroilhome.com]
[www.amazon.com]
[www.tropicisleliving.com]

Also, Sweet Almond Oil is considerd the favourite among the massage therapists which has some great benefits for both skin and hair.

[www.ehow.com]
[www.massageessentials.ca]

I just collected this information out of curiosity a few days ago since I was looking for a massage oil, so that I could use it to nourish my body to help with the tiredness after a long day of work.

Pardeep Singh
January 01, 2012 02:17PM

I forgot to mention the reason for the smoky smell. According to one of the distributors of Jamaican Black Castor oil, "There is a traditional authentic burnt smell due to the fact that the Castor Oil beans are roasted. This smell is by no means offensive, and it fades quickly."

Pardeep Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login