ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Brownie Recipe!

Posted by kaurs4 
Best Brownie Recipe!
March 23, 2011 05:16PM
Although I usually don’t provide recipes, this one was one of the best ones, so I thought that I should definitely share. Especially since so many more people are starting to keep bibek. I know it’s really hard when you start keeping bibek because you have to leave all the tasty foods (even though Naam is the tastiest of them all!). So, I tested several brownie recipes. Top points went to these unbelievably moist, incredibly chocolatey squares.

Makes 16 Brownies

***This recipe calls for nuts. So if you're allergic to nuts, you can still bake these without the nuts. They'll still be good without the nuts; just not as good!***

Brownie Recipe:
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts (or a mixture of almonds and hazelnuts; any nuts will do)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- chocolate mixture (see recipe below)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup butter (or gheo)
- 1/3 cup yogurt

Chocolate Mixture: (just put all these ingredients into a bowl and mix them up real good!)
- 2 tbsp. butter (or gheo)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder

1. In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and in another bowl mix the butter and sugar.
3. Mix the yogurt into the butter sugar mixture, little at a time.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into the butter sugar mixture, and mix it up real good.
5. Grind the nuts (I usually do that in the food processor) just before they turn into a powder. There should still be a few bigger pieces. Don’t make it into a complete powder!
6. Combine the flour mixture and nuts.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture, little by little into the flour mixture, alternating with a little milk. So, pour a little chocolate mixture, then pour a little bit of milk (about ¼ cup), and mix; repeat until all the chocolate mixture is poured in. Don’t over mix!
8. Your mixture should be pretty thick, but not like atta either. If it’s like atta, add a little bit of milk at a time until it softens up a bit. Don’t make it too thin either!
9. Spray a tray, and pour your mixture. Spread it evenly. Heat oven at 350F.
10. After 20 minutes (don’t open oven before!), poke a knife in the center of the brownies to check if it’s made. If not, keep checking after 5-10 minutes. It can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to bake; all depends on your oven!

I usually double or triple this recipe; since they're so good, they finish fast!

Enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions your may have. I’ll try to post some other recipes soon! smiling smiley

Vaaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Best Brownie Recipe!
March 23, 2011 07:20PM
Vjkk vjkf ,

I have heard that vanilla extract has alcohol in it, could someone please double check this

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
March 23, 2011 08:08PM
Some of the one's do. It's the clear vanilla that usually has alcohol, not the one's that are dark, though some might. The one's I buy don't. I check my ingredients before buying anything.

March 24, 2011 03:26PM
I forgot to include. Brownies usually have a topping, and I forgot to include that recipe. So here it is:

Brownie Topping:

- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup water

1. In a pan melt the butter, on low heat.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the cocoa powder and mix it up. Take it off the heat.
3. Add 1/2 cup of icing sugar at a time, along with a spoon of water and mix with the chocolate.
4. Don't keep the topping too thin, it'll pour down the sides of the brownies.
5. Once you take the brownies out of the oven, pour and spread the topping on the brownies, while it's still hot.

Enjoy!

March 24, 2011 06:18PM
Wow... I can't wait to try this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login