ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

rakatbeej and sranvatbeej

Posted by harinder_singh 
rakatbeej and sranvatbeej
December 01, 2011 04:40AM
In the first 2 Chandi Charitars, there is a demon named Rakatbeej whereas in Chandi di Vaar there is a demon named Sranvatbeej.
Are these 2 demons the same ?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Should be the same person bro, cos there's a line in vaar Sri bhagauti which says "boonda rakat diyan" which means " droplets of rakat" maybe a short form for rakatbeej. Hes the demon which spawns when attacked, his blood droplets sprout more demons. So, the fact that the word beej is unique only to him, I suppose sranvatbeej is just another name of his?

It's my guess and whatever little I know abt Vedic mythology.

Learned bros?
Jagwinder SIngh Ji is right. They are one and the same character. In the Puarans it is mentioned Sranvatbeej was a chief and the minister of Sumbh. He had a special feature which when his blood was released from a wound more demons would arise. Rakat means blood and beej means seed. Meaning life coming from blood. THe puranas mention during the battle between Durga and Sranvatbeej more demons kept coming out of Sranvatbeej after he was wounded by Durga. Eventually Durga drank the blood of Sranvatbeej and thus Sranvatbeej died. None of this is mentioned in Vaar Sri Bhagautee KI Ji bani.
Thanks Sukhdeep Singh Jeeoo for this information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login