ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why not take Amrit instead?

Posted by Sukhdeep Singh 
[news.yahoo.com]

They should have just took Amrit and become daughters of GUru Gobind SIngh Ji.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Why not take Amrit instead?
October 22, 2011 10:47PM
True, but in India (so called) Sikhs have the worst gender ratio. So many Sikh girls have been killed through the evil act of abortion(murder) it can be called the silent ghalugara of the Sikh females. In fact, I would say this silent and unrecognized ghalugara is probably greater than all the previous Sikh ghalugaras put together in terms of lives lost. While the other historic Ghalugaras were inflicted on the Sikhs by non Sikhs. But this silent Ghalugara of Sikh girls was inflicted by Sikhs themselves! this is a really shameful thing for the entire Sikh nation.
rsingh
True, but in India (so called) Sikhs have the worst gender ratio. So many Sikh girls have been killed through the evil act of abortion(murder) it can be called the silent ghalugara of the Sikh females. In fact, I would say this silent and unrecognized ghalugara is probably greater than all the previous Sikh ghalugaras put together in terms of lives lost. While the other historic Ghalugaras were inflicted on the Sikhs by non Sikhs. But this silent Ghalugara of Sikh girls was inflicted by Sikhs themselves! this is a really shameful thing for the entire Sikh nation.
Look at the roots of the problem first....
Sikhs dont never kill their daughters. Punjabis do, as they see daughter as a burden. The primary reason daughters are killed are because huge dowry is needed to get her married . When she is married, she is sent away. While the boys will live with their parents, and parents expect to be taken care by their son.
end of the day, having a girl is a not a good economic investment in the long run.

welcome to kalyug.

Chota veer
R SIngh Jeeo you are right the evil act of female abortion is a plague in Punjab. In virtually all the rehatnamey
GUru Sahib says to avoid sangat of people who do female abortion. If you go to India and there is family who only have boys and their
ages are different dramatically then you should be cautious before accepting any food from them. Before taking AMrit, my Baba was a backwards
minded jatt, but Im proud to say at least he didnt kill any of his daughters.

The primary reason daughters are killed are because huge dowry is needed to get her married . When she is married, she is sent away. While the boys will live with their parents, and parents expect to be taken care by their son.

I strongly agree with these sentiments. Economics is the main reason for abortion, but a GUrsikh with principles would
never marry off his daughter to a non-Sikh, or a SIkh who accepts dowry.

ਕੰਨਿਆ ਦੇਵੈ ਸਿਖ ਕੋ ਲੇਵੈ ਨਹਿ ਕਿਛੂ ਦਾਮ, ਸੋਈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਿਖ ਹੈ ਪਹੁਚੇ ਗੁਰ ਕੇ ਧਾਮ
Giving his daughter to a GurSIkh and not accepting Dowry, he is my SIkh and will reach the GUrus place ( Sach Khand)
Gurpratap Surya

There is one rehatnama that says if a Gursikh lives off the money from his daughter ( dowry) they will go to hell.

Besides Dowry another practice that needs to be demolished is Lorhee. This practice has no place in Gurmat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login