ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unhappy in their marriage

Posted by neechanjaan 
unhappy in their marriage
February 13, 2010 02:59PM
I know talking about marriage problems is discouraged in Sikh religion. But what is a person to do if he or she is very unhappy in their marriage, and they are not able to talk to their spouse and need to talk to someone else. Where would this person go for help?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: unhappy in their marriage
February 13, 2010 10:50PM
i would recommend looking for an older gursikh (of the same gender) to talk to. someone they respect and trust. somone who has experienced more of life, and hopefully gained wisdom on the way. smiling smiley it doesn't have to be a blood relative, all gursikhs are family.
February 15, 2010 07:18AM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I read this article on sikhnet

[www.darshankaur.co.uk]

Would suggest that you call and book a 20 minute free consultation.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
February 15, 2010 07:17PM
I second Bhain jee 1kaur. The ideal thing is to resolve this on your own but if you do need to speak to someone, talk to senior Gursikhs of your area. Do ardaas before Guru Sahib and accept Bhaana of Guru Sahib as is. We don't choose our parents, siblings and children. Consider your spouse as the one chosen by Guru Sahib for you. Don't consider the option of leaving him or her. Have faith in Guru Sahib and do extra paaths and simran just for this cause. Verily, Guru Sahib will not disappiont you.

Kulbir Singh
February 16, 2010 04:24AM
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Advice to all wives from Satguru.

ਕਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਅਖਰੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਮਣੀਆ ਮੰਤੁ ॥ ਕਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਵੇਸੋ ਹਉ ਕਰੀ ਜਿਤੁ ਵਸਿ ਆਵੈ ਕੰਤੁ ॥੧੨੬॥

What is that word, what is that virtue, and what is that magic mantra? What are those clothes, which I can wear to captivate my Husband Lord? ||126||

ਮਣੀਆ = ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ। ਹਉ = ਮੈਂ। ਜਿਤੁ = ਜਿਸ (ਵੇਸ) ਨਾਲ। ਵਸਿ = ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ।੧੨੬।

(ਹੇ ਭੈਣ!) ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਅੱਖਰ ਹੈ? ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਗੁਣ ਹੈ? ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ ਮੰਤਰ ਹੈ? ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਵੇਸ ਮੈਂ ਕਰਾਂ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ (ਮੇਰਾ) ਖਸਮ (ਮੇਰੇ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਜਾਏ?।੧੨੬।

ਨਿਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਅਖਰੁ ਖਵਣੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਜਿਹਬਾ ਮਣੀਆ ਮੰਤੁ ॥ ਏ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਭੈਣੇ ਵੇਸ ਕਰਿ ਤਾਂ ਵਸਿ ਆਵੀ ਕੰਤੁ ॥੧੨੭॥

Humility is the word, forgiveness is the virtue, and sweet speech is the magic mantra. Wear these three robes, O sister, and you will captivate your Husband Lord. ||127||

ਖਵਣੁ = ਸਹਾਰਨਾ। ਜਿਹਬਾ = ਮਿੱਠੀ ਜੀਭ, ਮਿੱਠਾ ਬੋਲਣਾ।੧੨੭।

ਹੇ ਭੈਣ! ਨਿਊਣਾ ਅੱਖਰ ਹੈ, ਸਹਾਰਨਾ ਗੁਣ ਹੈ, ਮਿੱਠਾ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਸ਼ਿਰੋਮਣੀ ਮੰਤਰ ਹੈ। ਜੇ ਇਹ ਤਿੰਨ ਵੇਸ ਕਰ ਲਏਂ ਤਾਂ (ਮੇਰਾ) ਖਸਮ (ਤੇਰੇ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਜਾਇਗਾ।੧੨੭।

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਗਰੀਬੀ ਗਦਾ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਖੰਨਾ ਸਗਲ ਰੇਨੁ ਛਾਰੀ ॥ ਇਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਕੋ ਨ ਟਿਕੈ ਵੇਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਏਹ ਗਲ ਸਾਰੀ ॥੧॥

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl: Humility is my spiked club. My dagger is to be the dust of all men's feet. No evil-doer can withstand these weapons. The Perfect Guru has given me this understanding. ||1||

ਗਰੀਬੀ = ਨਿਮ੍ਰਤਾ-ਸੁਭਾਉ। ਗਦਾ = ਗੁਰਜ। ਖੰਨਾ = ਖੰਡਾ। ਰੇਨੁ = ਚਰਨ-ਧੂੜ। ਛਾਰੀ = ਛਾਰ, ਮਿੱਟੀ। ਨ ਟਿਕੈ = ਖਲੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ, ਠਹਿਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ। ਵੇਕਾਰੀ = ਕੁਕਰਮੀ। ਸਾਰੀ = ਸਮਝਾਈ।੧।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਨਿਮ੍ਰਤਾ-ਸੁਭਾਉ ਸਾਡੇ ਪਾਸ ਗੁਰਜ ਹੈ, ਸਭ ਦੀ ਚਰਨ-ਧੂੜ ਬਣੇ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਸਾਡੇ ਪਾਸ ਖੰਡਾ ਹੈ। ਇਸ (ਗੁਰਜ) ਅੱਗੇ, ਇਸ (ਖੰਡੇ) ਅੱਗੇ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਕੁਕਰਮੀ ਟਿਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ। (ਸਾਨੂੰ) ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਗੱਲ ਸਮਝਾ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਹੈ।੧।

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਓਟਾ ॥ ਜੋ ਸਿਮਰੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਗਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਉਧਰਹਿ ਸਗਲੇ ਕੋਟਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is the support and shelter of the Saints. One who remembers the Lord in meditation, is emancipated; millions have been saved in this way. ||1||Pause||

ਓਟਾ = ਆਸਰਾ। ਤਿਸ ਕੀ = {ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਤਿਸੁ' ਦਾ ੁ ਸੰਬੰਧਕ 'ਕੀ' ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ ਉੱਡ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ}। ਗਤਿ = ਉੱਚੀ ਆਤਮਕ ਅਵਸਥਾ। ਉਧਰਹਿ = (ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ) ਬਚ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ। ਕੋਟਾ = ਕ੍ਰੋੜਾਂ ਹੀ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ ਹੈ। ਜੇਹੜਾ ਭੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ) ਸਿਮਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਦੀ ਉੱਚੀ ਆਤਮਕ ਅਵਸਥਾ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। (ਨਾਮ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ) ਸਾਰੇ ਕ੍ਰੋੜਾਂ ਹੀ ਜੀਵ (ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ) ਬਚ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਸੰਤ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਇਆ ॥ ਇਹੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਹਰਿ ਧਨੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪੁ ਮਿਟਾਇਆ ॥ ਸਭੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ॥੨॥੧੬॥੮੦॥

In the Society of the Saints, I sing His Praises. I have found this, the perfect wealth of the Lord. Says Nanak, I have eradicated my self-conceit. I see the Supreme Lord God everywhere. ||2||16||80||

ਸੰਗਿ = ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ। ਜਸੁ = ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦਾ ਗੀਤ। ਆਪੁ = ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ। ਸਭੁ = ਹਰ ਥਾਂ। ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ = ਦਿੱਸਿਆ।੨।

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਆਖ-ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ (ਬੈਠ ਕੇ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦਾ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਇਆ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਨੇ ਇਹ ਹਰਿ-ਨਾਮ ਧਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕਦੇ ਭੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੁੱਕਦਾ। ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੇ (ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ ਦੂਰ ਕਰ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੀ (ਵੱਸਦਾ) ਦਿੱਸ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ।੨।੧੬।੮੦।

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Humility, forgiveness and sweet talk are the constituents of Gareebee.
Gareebee is the permanent solution to all relationship problems.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
February 16, 2010 07:45AM
Many thanks Veer BJ Singh jeeo for providing quotes from Gurbani. The quotes of Baba Farid jee's baani that you quoted brought back old memories. When I got married, I jokingly used to tell my wife to do jaap of these pankitis.

In actuality, in these pankitis lies the formula for eternal happiness, both in this world and the next. These are the virtues that we will have to adopt if we want to get somewhere spiritually. These virtues - humility, forgiveness and sweet talk - are a must for a Gursikh. Basically if we have these qualities, then it is highly unlikely that we would get into conflict with anyone and if we don't have conflict or friction with anyone, how easy it would be to concentrate on Naam. Maharaj Kirpa karan.

Kulbir Singh
February 19, 2010 02:52PM
In Punjabi news papers, it is very common to read an advertisment of some Baba/Fakir how they can fix all your problems (including marriage problems) using their Shakti/powers. Sadly alot of people even go to them. They do not realise that the greatest of all Babas is Baba Nanak, he is Satguru. Everything can be fixed if you just have full trust in Guru Nanak Dev Jee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login