ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good site to transliterate English to Punjabi

Posted by HJ Singh 
[www.google.com]

This is an amazing site. All you do is just type in English and it automatically transliterates into Punjabi/Gurmukhi. Try it!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Wonderful.smiling bouncing smiley
ਹੁਣ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਦਿਨ ਵਿਚ ਘਟੋ ਘਟ ਇਕ ਪੋਸਟ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾ ਬੋਲੀ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਚ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਲਿਖਣੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ|

ਅੱਜ ਤੋ ਬਾਅਦ ਕੋਈ ਬਹਾਨਾ ਨਹੀ!
ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਗੱਲ ਬਿਲਕੁਲ ਠੀਕ ਹੈ ਜੀ |
you need to type vahiguru for it to translate : ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ
This is excellent sewa by Google folks. Now it seems like their domination in the search engine market will stay for some time. smiling smiley

It won't be too much of use for this Daas because he will continue to use traditional typing using gurbani fonts and then converting them to unicode using guca application.

Hopefully this will result in more posts in Punjabi now.

Kulbir Singh
ਵਾਹ!thumbs up ਹੁਣ ਤਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿਚ ਪੋਸਟ ਲਿਖਣ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਹੀ ਆਜੂ! smiling bouncing smiley
ਭਾਈ ਜਸਜੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀਓ ! ਅਸਾ ਭੀ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਕਰਾਗੇ !!!! grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Chota veer
Not just in Punjabi, you can use a number of languages. The Veers/Bhains who know how to read and write other languages the option is there to use Hindi, Urdu and other languages of South Asia. God bless the people working for google who came up with this idea.
"""traditional typing using gurbani fonts and then converting them to unicode using guca application."""

I also wanted to do that but, I do not know this technique. I can type in Panjabi at my computer but not for this board. Does Veer Ji type directly here or copies pastes from other file? I am sorry for my illetracy of computer education.

I also wanted to do that but, I do not know this technique. I can type in Panjabi at my computer but not for this board. Does Veer Ji type directly here or copies pastes from other file? I am sorry for my illetracy of computer education.

Daas types Punjabi in Microsoft Word using Gurbani fonts and then coverts the text to unicode using Guca applications. Thereby Daas copies and pastes the text from Guca to this message board. Typing in Word is more comfortable once you get the hang of it.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh
I agree with Bhai Sahib, it's much easier if you can type in Microsoft Word. You have to switch off their spelling/grammer check.

Also, I was wondering how does one type ੜ in the Google transliteration tool? If we have to type ਸਾੜਨਾ, what do we need to enter in English?

Also, this tool is available right from Gmail, so you can also compose emails in Gurmukhi.
Umkeo Heo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with Bhai Sahib, it's much easier if you
> can type in Microsoft Word. You have to switch
> off their spelling/grammer check.
>
> Also, I was wondering how does one type ੜ in the
> Google transliteration tool? If we have to type
> ਸਾੜਨਾ, what do we need to enter in
> English?
>
> Also, this tool is available right from Gmail, so
> you can also compose emails in Gurmukhi.

to spell ਸਾੜਨਾ you need to type saadna
It is very easy to use this new way of typing Gurmukhi. Once you get the hang of it, it actually becomes as easy as writing English.
how do we type "adkar" & "tippi" ?
also, how does one include "bindi" for nasal sound?

Chota veer
Thank you veer HJ Singh Jio.
if you use firefox web browse, you can install the free lipikaar extension:

[www.lipikaar.com]

this allows you to type into any website in gurmukhi (or other languages). for about $10 you can buy the PC version that lets you write gurmukhi in any application on your computer.

or you can just use their text box and copy+paste.
How do you write the sihari on this site. For example if I was to write
Gobind. How would I write it so it includes sihari when transferred into
GUrmukhi.
Sukhdeep Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you write the sihari on this site. For
> example if I was to write
> Gobind. How would I write it so it includes sihari
> when transferred into
> GUrmukhi.

I just typed gobind to get ਗੋਬਿੰਦ

If you just want to write sihari or what ever other letter character then press the "insert Unicode characters" button (the omega sign button) and you will get to insert which ever letter you want.

BTW, this thread should be a sticky.
Thanks for the feedback SIngho. I figured out the letter "I" is used for sihari. For some reason
in the past the letter " I " would not work for Sihari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login