ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Turban" bomb kills key Afghan political leader

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
[edition.cnn.com]

Now whats next with regards to security checks?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Oh dear this will not bode well

What are Sangats view on removing dastar in a private room?
This malesh tampered the last resort of respect. Now ignorant general public on streets will make more fun of Dastaar wearing Sikhs. On airports they are already searching Dastaars, public or private search that depends upon the discretion of security official. May Guru Sahib rise Khalsa to end the maleshness on this planet. We desperatly need more of Baba Banda Singh Jee and Sirdaar Hari Singh Nalva.
This is the last thing we needed. Now get ready for Turbans being removed in Canadian and American Airports.
As hilarious as these headlines sound, they actually expose the close minded ness and hypocrisy of some Muslims worldwide. Who in their right mind secures a bomb in their head? Their every wrong action comes shooting at us. We Sikhs have to face the consequences for what they do.

I think this is just going a step further than trying to "impress Allah". Seriously, these people are extremely hard to understand.

As hilarious as these headlines sound, they actually expose the close minded ness and hypocrisy of some Muslims worldwide. Who in their right mind secures a bomb in their head? Their every wrong action comes shooting at us. We Sikhs have to face the consequences for what they do.

I think this is just going a step further than trying to "impress Allah". Seriously, these people are extremely hard to understand

yeah, i just dont understand these people....they've been making life hard for every person living on earth.

During guru sahib time they would stop killing innocent people.

And now in the 21st century they still wont stop killing innocent poeople.

I find it really annoying how these people go around killing innocent people and then the media goes around showing pictures of Osama Bin laden and his associates wearing turbans and have uncut beards and wearing kurtay pajama, and then uneducated people start thinking that sikhs are muslims.

Its only becuase of muslims that we have seen an increase in airport security, which has made it harder for some sikhs to travel in america becasuse the TSA forces them to take of thier distaar and stuff.

Muslims say their religion of loving mankind, then maybe they should stop killing innocent people.

By the way, can someone please explain to me why some muslims such as Osama bin laden and his associates wear a turban and have an uncut beard? Because i have seen some muslims wear a topi and cut their mustache and have trimmed beard.
We can't blame the Afghans for fighting for their freedom. What we can disagree with is the method of gaining that freedom. Using a Turban to conceal a bomb was uncalled for since turban is a respectful thing. Now thanks to this move, all turban wearing people around the world will have to suffer most of whom are Sikhs in the west I have never seen a Muslim wearing a turban. It will be Sikhs especially the Sikhs who wear huge paghs and Dumallas who will be looked at with suspicion. I just hope the so called post 9/11 period is finished and things can be the way they were before 9/11.
I don't think there will be anymore scrutiny of the Dastaar than before. They are already making us go through full body scanners and if need be Dastaars are searched in private rooms. There was this "underwear bomber" who tried to conceal a bomb in his underwear. I haven't seen them searching people's under garments for that reason. Same way they shouldn't be doing any extra search of Turbans either. The security has employed other means to look for such concealed bombs.

And RSingh has well said that we can't blame the Afghans to stand up to the NATO invaders. As far as a Gursikh is concerned both sides responsible for the conflict and as such its best to stay neutral in this conflict. Vaheguru alone knows the true Truth.

Kulbir Sing
Kulbir Singh jeeo i'm truly shocked when you mention:

"As far as a Gursikh is concerned both sides responsible for the conflict and as such its best to stay neutral in this conflict"

How can a Gursikh enojoying the practising of their religion in the western countries stay neutral in this conflict??!! Do you ever think the afghans would even allow us to practice our way of life if they were ruling? have you read or heard about how they in afghanistan have ridiculed the sikhs to wear different colours - indicating kaffirs - they have made their life hell hence we see so many afghan sikhs going back to India.
To stay netural is not the way we'll ever get anywhere
When you go through the security check in heathrow airport in the UK, they get a small cloth and swipe it on your turban and then put the cloth under a special mechine that can detect trace elements of any sort of chemical that can be used for bombs.

It only takes like 20 seconds to do.
ns Jee, what is there to be shocked about? so you support the American invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq which has killed almost a million people? Christians and Muslims are fighting this war, it would be the Syaana thing for Sikhs to remain neutral in this clash of two imperialistic ideologies which are western imperialism vs Islamic imperialism. Why we always need to act like Hanumaan and burn our tail for other people's conflicts when we have so much problems of our own?
rsingh jeeo i understand your point on two imperialistic powers but ask yourself which one is closer to the human rights that you and i enjoy everyday?

indeed both are bad - but the western model is giving you rights beyond our own level of comprehendence
A GurSikh has compassion for everyone, whether it is an American or a Muslim. A GurSikh’s heart pains to hear about any innocent getting killed, be it an American or a Muslim. A GurSikh will find it painful to see images of innocent Americans who got killed on 9/11, and will also find it painful to see images of innocent Afghans and Iraqis who were killed by bombs dropped by the US. It is true that the west allows us for more freedom as compared to Islamic countries, I know that for a fact based on personal experience as I’ve lived in both. But let’s not forget that there are pros and cons everywhere. We take out Nagar Keertans in USA, Canada, UK, we can never ever dream to do that in an Islamic country. At the same time, I’ve never come across a single instance all my life of a Sikh being asked to take of his turban in an Islamic country. Therefore to conclude, staying neutral is best, as the ones fighting this war are not saints on either side.
At the same time, I’ve never come across a single instance all my life of a Sikh being asked to take of his turban in an Islamic country.

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਅਗਲੇ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਾਹੁਦੇਂ ਬਲਕਿ ਸਿਰ ਹੀ ਲਾਹ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਨੇ। Just last year Taliban has reportedly beheaded two Sikhs. Who can say for sure that a Sikh’s Dastaar is never been removed in Muslim countries, those incidents might not even get reported. A Sikh's Dastaar is not safe even in their homeland Panjab then what to talk about other countries.

They already have devices at the airport that check for explosives in dastars.

Last time I went to Canada, the security had some type of sheet they touched against my dastar.
They then put this sheet in a computer and the computer read " Warning! Explosives Detected".
The officer became extremely scared and started sweating. In a nice manner he said " Sir, we are going to have
to check your dastar". I told him thats fine and if it made him feel any better I would be willing to remove my uncover my dastar.
He said it wasnt necessary and he just did a quick pat down after he put on clean gloves.
I dont have a problem if the public sees my kesh, in fact its a good way to educate people about SIkhi. If we have a problem
with these security checks then we shouldnt fly. Personally I try to avoid flying as much as possible because I dont like removing my kirpan.
Im glad airports are becoming more stricter since it encourages SInghs to be more stricter in panj kakkar rehat.

A Sikh's Dastaar is not safe even in their homeland Panjab then what to talk about other countries
Hanji veerji, sadly that is true these days.
All those pictures really prove is that the biggest enemy of the Sikhs are Sikhs themselves.
Last time I traveled I had to go through secondary screening in all the airports my plane had a stopover in. For some strange reason in Vancouver airport my Gatra (without the kirpan) even rung up, for which I was patted down. But mostly all the airports in Canada and US ask you before hand if they should touch your Dastaar or you want to do it yourself, and then they wipe it with the a special cloth checking for chemicals.

Personally speaking I do not mind taking off my Dastaar in a private room, as long as the officer will not touch it. We have to understand that it will be much easier for the TSA to pass every single passenger without any secondary screening. Less hassle, Saves times, etc. But it is their job, same as we have jobs where we have to perform our duties. It is the same for them. I am not speaking for the rude officers but the ones I met while traveling who even felt sorry for making me go through the screening. There was actually a news article sometime back in a punjabi newspaper where a Muslim man actually dressed himself up as a "Sikh" trying to hide his identity. I don't know how true was the story, but anything is possible with these religion-less people.

But in the end I do hope that the TSA is taught more about the Sikhs.

VahegurooJee kirpaa karan...
regardless of what we think - main task is to keep educating Gora's or any other person we meet anywhere - just politely ask them which religion or culture you think I belong to " then start your beautiful intro in to Guru Nanak and Sikhe and the rest of it....this is more important than anything else for each and every sikh at present due to what's happenning in the afghanistan.
http://www.sikhnet.com/news/sikhs-take-streets-demand-dignity-and-respect-european-airports

Interview with Abinash Singh and his Singhni
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login