ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Battle of Saragarhi - 114th anniversary

Posted by Mehtab Singh 
The Battle of Saragarhi was fought during the Tirah Campaign on 12 September 1897 between 21 Sikhs of the 4th Battalion (then 36th Sikhs) of the Sikh Regiment of British India, defending an army post, and 10,000 Afghan and Orakzai tribesmen. The battle occurred in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, now part of Pakistan, which then formed part of British India. The contingent of the twenty-one Sikhs from the 36th Sikhs was led by Havildar Ishar Singh. They all chose to fight to the death. Sikh military personnel and Sikh civilians commemorate the battle every year on 12 September, as Saragarhi Day.

more history
[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.sikhiwiki.org]
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Battle of Saragarhi was like India's version of the battle of Thermopylae. There should be a Hollywood movie made on this battle. But If India's Bollywood would make a movie on this, they would butcher the story with their songs and dances.
And they will replace all Singh Faujis with Monay Baahman Faujis or a mixed regiment where they will perhaps show couple of Sikhs, couple of Muslims and half a dozen Hindus.

Kulbir Singh
They were going to make a movie with Sanjay Dutt in the lead role. There is no news about the movie recently. Lagda othe vi rorrhay pey gaye.
Yes, that's also how bollywood distorted the movie Kala Pani.

Kala Pani prison was full of Sikh and Bengali freedom fighters. But in the movie they only showed 1 token Sikh which is an insult to the many Sikh freedom fighters imprisoned in Kala Pani and I don't even think they showed any Bangali. History as it is shown in Bollywood movies is a real distorted version of history not based on facts.
They showed just one Sikh and one proper Bengali in Kala Pani movie.
Its already happened. Sad. I think whoever made this movie did it with good intentions, but I think its not possible to reenact Sikh history.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login