ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baba Deep Singh

Posted by TSingh 
Baba Deep Singh
July 25, 2011 03:57PM
I have heard 2 accounts of the way in which Baba Deep Singh's head was cut off.
The first, and more commonly told, is that it was cut off completely during battle and while holding his head in his left hand Baba Deep Singh continued to fight with his sword in his right hand.
The second is that Baba Deep Singh's head was so that it did not completely come off and he held it on with his left hand whilst fighting- and only when he reached Darbar Sahib did it actually separate his body and fall off. Logically, this second account makes more sense too, however it would be appreciated if some more knowledgable Gursikhs could shed some more light onto this topic.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Baba Deep Singh
July 26, 2011 05:53AM
It is impossible to understand/comprehend the powers/miracles of Gursikhi through logic.

Logic is best suited only for worldly/scientific stuff.
July 26, 2011 08:10AM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

I have heard 2 accounts of the way in which Baba Deep Singh's head was cut off.
The first, and more commonly told, is that it was cut off completely during battle and while holding his head in his left hand Baba Deep Singh continued to fight with his sword in his right hand.

First account is correct. Furthermore Baba Jee's sees was cut off during Saanja Vaar with Jahan Khan on one to one fight as oppose to some parcharik say that Baba Jee's head was cut off by some one from back. Daas do not know any textual reference but confirmed by a great Shaheed of Panth who had seen Baba Jee's Shaheedi.

With Regards,
Daas
July 26, 2011 08:51AM

Daas do not know any textual reference but confirmed by a great Shaheed of Panth who had seen Baba Jee's Shaheedi.

Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo, for the benefit of Sangat, please elaborate on this confirmation of a great Shaheed of Panth.

Kulbir Singh
July 26, 2011 09:08AM
From what i have heard, documented sources written by people from that time period all say that Baba Deep Singh jee's head was attached but he received a large wound from the vaar to his neck which he supported with one hand and continued to fight. Then at darbaar sahib his head became de-attached when he did matha tek.

However when it comes to stories which have been passed down from generation to generation the story of his head on his hand, so completely separate from his hand, is the one which is more common.

As for logic, bhai sahib i thing it comes down to reason maybe? of course we can't comprehend the beauty of Guroo sahibs play, however as far as evidence is concerned the documented story (first version) is the only written account. I also heard that is the story Bhai sahib Bhai Randhir Singh jee believed in.

Rest, maharaaj knows.
July 26, 2011 09:44AM
Karanveer Singh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what i have heard, documented sources written
> by people from that time period all say that Baba
> Deep Singh jee's head was attached but he received
> a large wound from the vaar to his neck which he
> supported with one hand and continued to fight.
> Then at darbaar sahib his head became de-attached
> when he did matha tek.
>
> However when it comes to stories which have been
> passed down from generation to generation the
> story of his head on his hand, so completely
> separate from his hand, is the one which is more
> common.
>
> As for logic, bhai sahib i thing it comes down to
> reason maybe? of course we can't comprehend the
> beauty of Guroo sahibs play, however as far as
> evidence is concerned the documented story (first
> version) is the only written account. I also heard
> that is the story Bhai sahib Bhai Randhir Singh
> jee believed in.
>
> Rest, maharaaj knows.

Thank you for your response !! I too have been told that written accounts by historians support the account that Baba Deep Singh Jis head only separated from his body when he reached Darbar Sahib. I have also heard that this is the "version" that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh believed to be true.
July 26, 2011 09:52AM
The following passage from Bhai Sahib's writing, should dispel all doubts about what happened at the time of Shaheedi of Baba Deep Singh jee:

Original Text: ਏਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸ਼ਤਰੂ ਦਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਤੀਰ ਵਿੰਨਦਾ ਸੀ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੁਆਦ ਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ, ਪੀੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ, ਸਗੋਂ ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਮਰ ਅਨੰਦੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ। ਭਾਵੇਂ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਹੋਵੇ ਭਾਵੇਂ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬਾ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਖੰਡੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਰਸ ਚਖਕੇ ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਦੀ ਅਗਨੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੜੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਭੀ ਸੀਤਲ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ। ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਤੋਂ ਉਤਰਿ ਗਇਆ ਹੈ, ਨਾਮ ਦਿਆਂ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਸਹਿਤ ਲਾਲੋ ਲਾਲ ਹਸਮੁਖੀ ਚੇਹਰੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਮਈ ਨੂਰ ਜਿਉਂ ਕਾ ਤਿਉਂ ਦਗ ਦਗ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੀਸ ਧੜ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖਰੂ ਹੋ ਚੁਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ, ਬਾਬੇ ਦੀ ਬਾਂਵੀ ਭੁਜਾ ਉਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਿੜ ਦੇ ਖਿਡਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਹੱਲੇ ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਵੇਖਿ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸੀਸੋਂ ਸਖਣਾ ਧੜ ਦਹਿਣੀ ਭੁਜ ਬਲ ਦੇ ਸਹਾਰੇ ਖੰਡਾ ਉਲਾਰ ਉਲਾਰ ਕੇ ਸੈਕੜਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਬੁਲਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਨਹੀਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਰਬਤ ਚਖਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਅਤੇ ਤਿਨ ਮੀਲ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਇਸੇ ਬਹਾਰ ਬੱਝੀ ਤੁਰੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਾਰ ਏਹ ਨਿਕਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਟਿੱਡੀ ਦਲ ਸ਼ਤਰੂਆਂ ਦੀ ਫੌਜ ਇਕ ਆਣ ਵਿਚ ਖੇਰੂ ਖੇਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ। (Gurmat Bibek page 146)

Humble Translation: This is the reason that whoever from the enemy side got shot by Siri Dasmesh jee's arrow, used to feel bliss and did not used to feel pain; rather doing Vaah Vaah, he (the enemy) used to receive everlasting bliss. It did not matter if he was a Hindu or a Muslim. After tasting the Khanda (double-edged sword) of Shaheed Baba Deep Singh jee, the hearts that used to burn in the fire of enmity and opposition, used to become cool and peaceful. The head of Shaheed Baba jee has gotten severed from the body but the happy (hasmukhi) face, imbued in the divine colours of Naam, is still shining exactly as before. After becoming free from test of life, the head of Shaheed Baba, while resting on the palm of left hand, is becoming blissful watching the attacks of players of the Shaheedi-battlefield; and with the support of right arm of the headless body (of Baba jee) the Khanda is moving and killing hundreds. No no, it is having them drink the Sharbat (sweet drink) of martyrdom. And this spring-like scene continues for 3 miles and the result of this (miracle) is that the army of the enemy is destroyed.

Vichaar: The above passage makes it clear that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee believed that Baba Deep Singh jee's head fully got severed from the body and Baba jee actually held his fallen head with his left hand and with his right hand he continued to slaughter the enemy. Whoever got hit by Baba jee's Khanda did not feel pain but felt peace and tranquility. Second thing is that Bhai Sahib has written that whoever died through hands of Baba jee did not die but attained martyrdom. This is a great concept that is unique to Sikhi.

Bhul chuk dee Muaafi jee.

Kulbir Singh
July 26, 2011 09:52AM
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo, for the benefit of Sangat, please elaborate on this confirmation of a great Shaheed of Panth.

ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਬਹੁਤਾਂਤ ਸਿੱਖ ਇਸ ਮਹਾਨ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਤੋਂ ਚੰਗੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਜਾਣੂ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਜਿਹੜਾ ਆਉਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਵੇਖ ਕੇ ਖ਼ਾਲਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਪਹਿਲੋਂ ਹੀ ਤਿਆਰ ਬਰ ਤਿਆਰ ਕਰ ਗਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ। ਜਿਹਨੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਦਬ ਵਿਚ ਸਵਾਰਥਹੀਨ ਅਤੇ ਨਿਡਰ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਮੂਹਰੇ ਹੋ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ ਦਿੱਤੀ ਹੋਵੇ ਉਸਦੇ ਨਾਂਉ ਤੋਂ ਕੌਣ ਵਾਕਿਫ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਬੁਝ ਲਉ ਕੋਈ ਇੰਨੀ ਔਖੀ ਬਾਤ ਨਹੀਂ। ਇਹ ਵਾਕਿਆ ਸੁਨਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਇੱਕ ਗੱਲ ਦਾਸ ਨੂੰ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਹੋ ਗਈ ਕਿ ਗੁਰੂਦੁਆਰਿਆਂ ਦੀਆਂ ਸਟੇਜਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਕਥਾ ਭਾਂਵੇ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਦੀ ਵੀ ਕਿਉਂ ਨਾ ਹੋਵੇ ਉਹ ਸਰਟੀਫਾਈਡ ਜਾਂ ਰੱਟਾਫਾਈਡ ਗਿਆਨੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਵੱਸ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਨਹੀਂ।

ਦਾਸਿਨ ਦਾਸ
July 26, 2011 09:56AM
Bhai Sahib jee, Daas and most Jatha Singhs are aware who this great Gurmukh Shaheed was, who had said that heads of both Baba jee and the young Pathan warrior - Jahaan Khan - got severed in a Sanjha Vaar. Chalo, let's leave it as is.

Kulbir Singh
July 26, 2011 10:46AM
Thank you Bhai Kulbir Singh for the translation, it appears that what i had heard about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singhs opinion was wrong.
Kulbir Singh Ji, do you know anything about what any other written sources by historians say?
Also you wrote that anyone who died from the hands of Baba Deep Singh attained martydom, could you perhaps elaborate on this as I do not fully understand what you mean by this.
My knowledge about this (like most things) is very limited.
July 26, 2011 11:43AM
I believe oral tradition is correct and Baba Ji’s head was completely cut off. Many scholars state that he suffered a wound in the neck which he supported while fighting but they never present any evidence. I would be interested in seeing the evidence from 18th century accounts. If there is no evidence found yet then it is better to stick with the oral tradition. But I think most scholars do not have naam kamayee to experience the power of Naam. This is why they are quick to dismiss many of our traditional sakhis a fine example of which is rejecting Vein river sakhi and claiming that Guru Sahib crossed the river and went into the jungle. While all Janamsakhis make it clear that Guru Sahib went to Sachkhand which is also supported in Gurbani and Vaars, our scholars are sticking to a fabricated story with no evidence. Guru Rakha
July 26, 2011 11:44AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

T singh jeeo -- why not just go to Punjab or next time you go -- spend time at where the history of Baba Jee started - every place is marked as historical - where the war started - where Baba Jee drew the line - where the Head comes off - where Baba does bhet of his head -- there are Gurdwaras and mahan jagas of all the history you need still is intact.

Secondly it's historically in the mughals records at the time the description of this battle where they're exclaiming " how are we to fight the dead"
I haven't the source to hand but it does exist.

As we know Baba Jee took phaul of the Khanda from Guru Godind singh jee Maharaaj then there is shoudlnt' be any doubt whatsoever he gave his head - physical or meta physical. -
July 26, 2011 01:16PM
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Initiate rant.

Subject: "Historians and History":

Held it on with his hand? Since we are applying logic here, having a neck wound severe enough that you have to "hold it on" with your hand would be the result one of two injuries - either at least one jugular vein/carotid artery pair would have been severed (found on each side of the neck) and/or (more likely) the spinal column would have been severed (in which the same blood vessels would also be cut). BOTH are FATAL (either you bleed out very fast and/or you are nerves are severed to the rest of your body)!!!! I mean come on, why try to rationalize history when the very alternative proposed is as "impossible" as the original. The text is as follows (produced by the Sikh missionaries):

"General Attal Khan came forward and inflicted a blow on Baba Deep Singh ji which made his neck lean to one side. A Sikh reminded him, "You had resolved to reach the periphery of the pool." On hearing the talk of the Sikh, he supported his head with his left hand and removing the enemies from his way with the strokes of his double-edged sword with his right hand, reached the periphery of Harmindar Sahib where he breathed his last."

[www.singhsabha.com] - author is one Santokh Singh Jagdev.

If your neck was "leaning to one side", you'd be dead already!!!

This is the same compromising faithless argument style that produced the 1699 lie that Dassam Patshah beheaded goats and TRCKED Sikh Sangatan into believing he was beheading the Punj Pyare. If this were true, I should take off my Kakkars and put them on the nearest goat because they are the true Khalsa that gave their lives, not us humans?!?!?!? And that Guru Sahib was a LIAR??? Is our Guru a Pakhandi with no less grace of God than David Copperfield the illusionist?

Faithless cynical distortion of Sikh history with no faith on Gurbani:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲੈ ॥
Sathigur Maeraa Maar Jeevaalai |
My True Guru kills and revives. (1142).

Seriously, our scholars need to "get with it" and stop selling out our history and philosophy at every whim. Christians proclaim without any issue that Jesus Sahib walked on water. The Muslims have no issue recognizing that there is an unseen world beyond this one of the 5 senses and the Jews take no issue with Moses Sahib having received the Ten Commandments from a burning bush which was God. But when it comes to Sikhi, we will compromise our own beliefs and history to try to look more "modern". I wonder what such people would do to the history that the same Baba Deep Singh started to float when paath was going on, a phenomenon that some Sikhs still present witness in other Sikhs of high spiritual state? Jet stream? Faulty A/C system? Puratan jetpack?

End rant.
July 26, 2011 03:04PM
Jet stream? Faulty A/C system? Puratan jetpack? HAHAHA too funny

There are countless miracles in Sikhi that cannot be explained by science or logic. The Panja of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji at wali kandhari, Baba Atal Rai Ji infusing life into his friend, Bhai Mati Das Ji reading Japji Sahib whilst being sawn alive, Bhagat Namdev Ji and the Mandhar turning towards them etc etc. There are too many pare moorakhs who try and explain Sikhi through their own bent logic.
July 26, 2011 04:25PM
Forgiveness for saying Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir singh jee believed in the neck not fully being chopped of story. I seem to have been misinformed.
July 26, 2011 04:42PM
Like Bhai Karanveer Singh, I too apologise for saying Bhai Sahib believed in the other version.
July 26, 2011 11:05PM
Panth Parkash and Twarikh Guru Khalsa by Giani Gian Singh, Shaheed Bilas and Gurdwaray Darshan by Giani Thakur Singh and Poem by Dhani Ram Chatrik all written in 19th century state that Baba Deep Singh Ji fought with his head on his left palm i.e. without the head. Ratan Singh Bhangu does not mention anything and Thamasnama has a very short account on the battle. So TSingh Ji, which 18th or 19th century sources claim that Baba Ji only suffered a wound and the head was not separated from the body?
July 27, 2011 04:17AM
Bijla Singh Wrote:
> Panth Parkash and Twarikh Guru Khalsa by Giani
> Gian Singh, Shaheed Bilas and Gurdwaray Darshan by
> Giani Thakur Singh and Poem by Dhani Ram Chatrik
> all written in 19th century state that Baba Deep
> Singh Ji fought with his head on his left palm
> i.e. without the head. Ratan Singh Bhangu does not
> mention anything and Thamasnama has a very short
> account on the battle. So TSingh Ji, which 18th or
> 19th century sources claim that Baba Ji only
> suffered a wound and the head was not separated
> from the body?

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!
Bhai Sahib Ji, i have only been told about these written accounts that exist and have not read anything myself, so i wouldnt be able to give you any hard evidence.
I believed the story of Baba Deep Singh Ji's head coming off completely as this is what i was told when i was younger, so when i heard a different version of the story i became curious. This is the reason i created this topic- so i could see what other educated Gursikhs had to say on this matter. I apologise if i have offended anybody, my intentions were only to learn more about Baba Deep Singh Ji's shaheedi- which i have thanks to Gursikhs on this forum!!
July 27, 2011 05:14AM
Vaheguru Jee.

Sikhi believes in logic and reason, however Sikhi also believes in faith, devotion and Guru Jee/Akaal Purakh can make the impossible possible.

Logically it is impossible for a "human being" to sit on an iron plate, have hot sand poured over the head and still repeat "I accept Your Will Sweetly".

Logically it is impossible for a "human being" to be boiled alive and calmly recite Japji Sahib in bliss.

The list goes on.

There is no limit to Guru Jee/Akaal Purakh's blessings.

A Gurdwara Prabandhak once told me that a Kathaavachik said "Baba Deep Singh Jee's head never came off, he only got a sword cut to his neck which cut half the neck because having the whole head come off is not possible" The Parbandhak was wise and did not interrupt the Kathaa. Afterwards he approached the Kathavaachik and said he is going to get a Kirpaan and just make a cut on his neck to test what he said as it would not kill him. The Kathaavachik left in hurry from the Gurdwara.
July 27, 2011 05:33AM
VJKK VJKF!

I was told a while ago by a very chardikala gursikh that their are moghul diaries which say that 3 other Singhs along with Baba Deep Singh Jee forght with their heads in their hands... does anyone have anymore information on this and where the diaries may be?

I personally think these "professors" who write these books jus add a bit of masalaa to everything to make their books different in order to sell more! I think we should stick to more realiable sources like Sri Sooraj Prakaash Granth...
July 27, 2011 05:41AM
I fully agree with ms514. As a doctor myself, i can assure you that Human neck is very vital organ. It contains 4 major organs, if damaged, its unlikely that you can walk and fight for more than 10 Kms. It Contains : 1. Carotid arteries 2. Trachea( wind pipe) 3. Jugular veins 4 Spinal cord. You cut any one of this, you are dead apart from spinal cord which results in sudden paralysis of both arms and both legs. If neck was slashed even one fourth, there is no way person could survive and could walk such a distance. If his neck was incised one forth, he would not have to hold his head. If his neck was cut in half, would have been dead in less that 2 minutes. Or he would have been completely paralysed with one blow if his neck was slashed from back. Even then, vertebral arteries at the back are enough to let you bleed and die in minutes. In any circumstances, person is dead even with a superficial cut to jugular artery. So in summery, neck wound is always fatal. So from medical point of view, it is complete nonsense if someone says that he kept on holding his head on his neck with one hand. If Guru nanak sahib can stop stone with one hand and his panja is still in the stone, if guru gobind singh sahib produce trebeni with one blow of neja on ground in guru ka lahor, if Guru sahibs horse can make water come out of the ground with his one foot blow in the area where is impossible to get water other wise, especially when sikhs have made big buildings around , without getting a drop of water out of the ground, if Reethas can be sweet, if Bhai Bidhi chand sheena can enter into burning furnace, If bhai Randheer singh ji and whole sangat witness a singh flying and doing parkarma of guru Granth sahib,Why can't Baba Deep singh shaheed hold his head on his palm and fight. Everything is logical, important thing is how to understand a logic. Remote control, TV, Planes, Tanks, mobile phones, internet, electricity, computers, iphone, tube lights and many many more things were illogical few years ago as well. Everything is logical, people just need to understand logic in proper manner. To understand logic of Baba Deep singh ji's shaheedi, you need to be drowned in the logic of NAAM RAS

Dass,
Kawaljit Singh
July 27, 2011 08:18AM
Issue is not with the logic as Bhai Kawaljit Singh pointed out. Issue is with the tunnel vision of the modern missionary parchaarak who seem to consider themselves as the most certified medical/scientific/technological gianis. Where as all they have done all their lives is to find flaws with the kudrat.

Few years ago there were some news stories about buddhist monks burning themselves. Some of them sat calmly praying while their body was burning. Daas saw a video of this on you tube as well.

If a buddhist monk can do this without any power of naam just by taming the mind through meditation to switch off certain parts that link to the "pain" sense, why can't gursikhs who have way beyond powerful or should we say most powerful ultimate Naam abhyaas kamai have the power to do all those things which the preachers think are impossible scientifically.

Emphasis in western countries these days by most of Sikh organisations is to promote and preach that Sikhism is the most scientifically advanced religion and trying to prove that anything in Gurbani will fit definition of science. Daas believes it needs to be other way round. Gurmat is the real science and the wordly science phenomenons can fit in to it and wordly science has a long way to go before it can even reach fraction of the Gurmat science whose Chief Scientist Dhan Guru Nanak Sahib had completed all the experiments and established the laws and theorems way before the test tube was discovered.
July 27, 2011 10:53AM
Kulbir Singh Wrote:
> The following passage from Bhai Sahib's writing,
> should dispel all doubts about what happened at
> the time of Shaheedi of Baba Deep Singh jee:
>
> Original Text: ਏਹੀ ਕਾਰਨ ਹੈ
> ਕਿ ਸ਼ਤਰੂ ਦਲ ਵਿਚੋਂ
> ਜਿਸ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ
> ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ਼ ਜੀ ਦਾ
> ਤੀਰ ਵਿੰਨਦਾ ਸੀ, ਉਸ
> ਨੂੰ ਸੁਆਦ ਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ,
> ਪੀੜ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ
> ਹੁੰਦੀ, ਸਗੋਂ ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ
> ਕਰਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਅਮਰ
> ਅਨੰਦੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਸੀ।
> ਭਾਵੇਂ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਹੋਵੇ
> ਭਾਵੇਂ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ।
> ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬਾ ਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ
> ਜੀ ਦੇ ਖੰਡੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ
> ਰਸ ਚਖਕੇ ਵੈਰ ਵਿਰੋਧ
> ਦੀ ਅਗਨੀ ਨਾਲ ਸੜੇ ਹੋਏ
> ਹਿਰਦੇ ਭੀ ਸੀਤਲ ਅਤੇ
> ਸ਼ਾਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ।
> ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ ਦਾ ਸੀਸ ਧੜ
> ਤੋਂ ਉਤਰਿ ਗਇਆ ਹੈ, ਨਾਮ
> ਦਿਆਂ ਰੰਗਾਂ ਸਹਿਤ
> ਲਾਲੋ ਲਾਲ ਹਸਮੁਖੀ
> ਚੇਹਰੇ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਂਤ ਮਈ
> ਨੂਰ ਜਿਉਂ ਕਾ ਤਿਉਂ ਦਗ
> ਦਗ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸੀਸ ਧੜ
> ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖਰੂ
> ਹੋ ਚੁਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਬਾਬੇ
> ਦਾ ਸੀਸ, ਬਾਬੇ ਦੀ
> ਬਾਂਵੀ ਭੁਜਾ ਉਤੇ
> ਬ੍ਰਾਜਮਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ
> ਹੋਇਆ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਿੜ ਦੇ
> ਖਿਡਾਰੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਹੱਲੇ
> ਦਾ ਨਜ਼ਾਰਾ ਵੇਖਿ ਵੇਖਿ
> ਵਿਗਸ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ
> ਸੀਸੋਂ ਸਖਣਾ ਧੜ
> ਦਹਿਣੀ ਭੁਜ ਬਲ ਦੇ
> ਸਹਾਰੇ ਖੰਡਾ ਉਲਾਰ
> ਉਲਾਰ ਕੇ ਸੈਕੜਿਆਂ
> ਨੂੰ ਪਾਰ ਬੁਲਾ ਰਿਹਾ
> ਹੈ। ਨਹੀਂ ਨਹੀਂ
> ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਰਬਤ ਚਖਾ
> ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਅਤੇ ਤਿਨ
> ਮੀਲ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਇਸੇ
> ਬਹਾਰ ਬੱਝੀ ਤੁਰੀ
> ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਸਾਰ
> ਏਹ ਨਿਕਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ
> ਟਿੱਡੀ ਦਲ ਸ਼ਤਰੂਆਂ ਦੀ
> ਫੌਜ ਇਕ ਆਣ ਵਿਚ ਖੇਰੂ
> ਖੇਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।
> (Gurmat Bibek page 146)
>

Vaheguroooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyarey!
Guru Sahib is mehrvaan!
July 27, 2011 11:14AM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Akal74 jeeo I agree with you 100% i have acutally seen a buddist monks doing such tircks the discipline they have is amazing - however compared to some gatka performances i've seen they make the monks look like a walk in the park. I have met and heard of gursikh (Gatkabaaj) who has challanged others to chop his arm or even try and scrape with a knife or kirpan - -it was impossible to do - however this Gursikh doesn;t make presentations of such fame due to being so humble -- all is possible nothing is impossible in Gursikhe -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login