ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sant Sangat Singh Kamaliye wale - picture

Posted by Gupt1 
After reading post by bhai Kulbir Singh ji - 'When Bhai Sahib listened to Katha'. I wanted to have darshan of Gurmukh who's katha bhai sahib bhai Randhir Singh ji listened to. This was Sant Sangat Singh Kamaliye wale. Finally I have found a picture of Sant ji. I was skimming through book 'Jiwan Britant Akali Kaur Singh Nihang' on [www.panjabdigilib.org]. Their is a picture of 5 gurmukhs laying neeh pattar of Guru Tegh Bahadur Hall patiala, left hand side is Akali Kaur Singh ji and on opposite side, 2nd from right is Sant Sangat Singh ji. If anybody else has more info on jeevan of Sant ji please post up.

So code is 'BK-000142', copy and paste into search bar. Then go to page 56.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Thank you so much Gupt1 jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
ੴਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਹ॥

Thanks Gupt jio for the link. One more thing came to Daas’s attention from this book i.e this quote of Akaali Jee:

“ਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਫੈਦ ਖਦਰ ਦਾ ਕਪੜਾ ਲੈ ਆਉ ਤੇ ਬਸੰਤੀ ਰੰਗਾਓ” on Page 57

Which shows Akaali Koar Singh Jee Nihung also mentions the color of Nishaan Sahib should be Basanti. Great Gursikh scholars like Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Jee, Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, Akaali Koar Singh Jee Nihung and many others all say same thing for color for the Khalsa Nishaan then Daas do not understand from where Kesri or Bhagva color comes from? Why and who changed the color of Nishaan Sahib to Kesri or Bhagva from Basanti? Who should be held responsible for this change?
[www.gurmatbibek.com]

With Regards,
Daas
Good observation, Bhai Jasjit Singh jeeo.

Kulbir Singh
I think the reason why Bhagwa orange has been started to be used instead of Basanti is because it looks very similar. It is similar to how many Singhs wear purple dastar instead of blue because the two colours look so similar. One might even say, they are a different shades of the same colour.
Kesri color came from *shera wali mata* also known as *vaishno mata*. This is from the time when Durgyana Mandir in Sri Amritsar Sahib was built on the model of Sri Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar.

I don't have a source or a proof to support my claims but this is what I have heard from elderly Gursikh.
From the book "Naam Na Visare Sant Parsad" written by Sant Kartar Singh Kamaliye wale (son of Sant Sangat Singh Kamaliye wale):
From Intro:
ਸੰਤ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਲਿਖਤ ਅਨਸਾਰ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪਿਤਾ-ਸੰਤ ਸੰਗਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਮਹਾਰਾਜ ਦੀ ਜੀਭ ਤੋ ਇਹ ਅਖਰ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਤਪੁਰਸ਼(ਭਾਈ ਵੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ) ਦੇ ਅਲੋਕਿਕ ਪਿਆਰ ਵਿਚ ਨਿਕਲ ਦੇ ਸਨ :
"ਫਕਰੇ ਊ ਫਕਰ ਰਾ ਸਰਫ਼ਰਾਜ਼ੀ" (ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ )
ਅਰਥਾਥ-ਰਬ ਦਾ ਫਕੀਰ, ਫਕੀਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਰ ਚਾਨ ਲਗਾ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ.
From chapter 'Gurmukh Mel':
(very poorly translated)

Bhai Sangat Das ji Kamaliye got a telegraph saying that Sant Fateh Chand ji is sick please come quick. Bhai Sangat ji went and upon reaching he did his seva until Sant Fateh Chand ordered him to go do katha . Saying SatBachan, he went to join the sangat. He did the katha of ਸਹਸਕ੍ਰਿਤੀ ਸਲੋਕ. When he came back, his teacher asked "which bani' katha did you begin?" When he answered Sehskriti salok, then his teacher, Sant Fateh Chand said,"Finish this katha after my death. Now do Tikke di Vaar di katha."
So the next day, Sant Sangat Ji did Tikke di Vaar di katha...One day before the death of Bhai Fateh Chand, Sant Sangat asked "I have gained much from you, but on this path of God on which you have helped me I still need a teacher." To which the Sant replied, "You will meet the one greater than me who will help you further on this path, he will help blossom ਰਬੀ-ਰਸ . ਰਬੀ-ਖੇਰ੍ੜਾ, ਰਬੀ- ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ within you. ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਇਕ ਬਖਸਿਸ ਸਦਾ ਹੀ ਪੁਸ਼ਤ ਦਰ ਪੁਸ਼ਤ ਚਲਦੀ ਆ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ, ਓਹ ਬਖਸਿਸ ਵੀ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਸਦੈਵੀ ਅੰਗ ਸੰਗ ਹੋਵੇਗੀ " After performing the last rites of the sant, Bhai Sangat Ji came to Kamaliye. For a while he learned sanskrit from pandit sri raam sharan daas ji but mostly he spent most of his time in solitude. He met with many mahapursh, and tried to follow their path, but was not satisfied.
As per the wishes of Sant Fateh Chand, he did katha di seva as well.
Once a friend of Bhai Sangat ji brought him a book to read, but he refused to read it saying"kiaa parreeai kiaa guneeai || kiaa baedh puraanaa(n) suneeai ||parrae sunae kiaa hoee ||jo sehaj n miliou soee ||1|| I have read alot, thought alot but what I desire is very far from reading and muttering. Every book strengths the budhi, fills the minds with thoughts, and is not a help towards meeting God. Please take this book away." But the friend, who was knowledgeable in gurbani, did amazing kirtan, did 51 japji sahib de paath with his nitnem, and had listened to the madh(middle) many akhand paaths of Sri Guru Granth Sahib sitting in one position, and had a deep longing and pull towards meeting god, left the book under the pillow. After reading Sukhmani Sahib as was his daily routine, he was about to take a nap, when he saw the book. He opened the book randomly and it opened to where ਪੰਜਾ ਖੰਡਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੂਰਤੀਵਾਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਸੀ. He read these pages, was immersed and so read it from the beginning. The book was "Rana Soorat Singh" . After reading it, he wanted to know the author but it only said "ਸੁੰਦਰੀ ਕਰਤਾ" and so he looked up the publisher, it was Vazir Hind Press. He knew Bhai Vazir Singh who was from Kamaliye as well and asked him about the author. He told him "the author of the book is the partner of my press Bhai Vir Singh and he lives in Amritsar if you come there I will introduce him to you"
Some time later, Sant Kamaliye went to Amritsar and he suddenly thought why not visit Bhai Vazir Singh and through him Bhai Vir Singh? After visiting Harminder Sahib, he went to Vazir Hind Press, when he knocked on the door he was told Bhai Vazir Singh left to Kamaliye . When he asked the sevadar, "Bhai Vir Singh also works here, where can I find him" He was told that he lived on the top floor of the press, but since the press is closed you can't meet him.
Father used to tell me himself that: I had a longing to meet him so I climbed through a window and yelled Bhai Vir Singh's name. Bhai Vir Singh came and took me upstairs. This was my first meeting with Bhai Vir Singh. I told him that I came to listen to his thoughts about ਪ੍ਰਮਾਰਥ and to talk about my thoughts upon the subject. First allow me to close the door and secondly whatever I ask please lets not hide anything. Bhai Vir Singh laughed and said " talking about the path to Truth, only truth should be used"
After this, Sant-pita told all about his longing for the Truth, and what he tried to do to achieve it. As Bhai Vir Singh listened he grew more and more amazed that at such a small age, he has done great ਘਾਲ. Then Bhai Sahib told about his own ਘਾਲ and prapati. They talked for 3 and a half hours . After eating Bhai Sangat daas ji left.
Bhai Hira Singh ji Ragi worked at the press, and he told me later that Bhai Vir Singh went to his Father , Dr. Charan Singh and told him about the young Bhai Sangat who knew at such a young age knew the meanings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib and vedaan shastraan, puraana, ਉਪਨਿਸਦਾ. The doctor really wanted to meet him but died before.

The second meeting took place when Bhai Vir Singh's brother(Bhai Jairaaj Singh) died in Kamaliye from getting crushed in aate di chaki. A telegraph was sent, and when Bhai Vir Singh ji arrived his brother was in the hospital. He said, "Jairaaj Singh I have come." Hearing this Bhai jairaaj singh , who was in critical condition, opened his eyes and said, "Veer ji, You have come, ਸ਼ੁਕਰ ਹੈ" then he breathed his last. At the sanskaar, which Bhai Sangat ji had also attended, Bhai Vir Singh told him "From the ਅਰਸ਼ਾਂ, someone is forcing me to tell you these words 'Sant Bhai Fateh Chand ji is not happy with you'. "

After he heard these words, Bhai Sangat ji became restless and finally met Bhai Vir Singh again and asked"how do you know Sant Fateh Chand is not happy with me?" Bhai Sahib said," Fakirs have ਸਬੰਧ in ਅਰਸ਼ਾਂas well as in ਫਰਸ਼ਾ. Bhai Fateh Chand was a ਰਸਿਕ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਸੰਤ and the fakir was you are now associating with is tapasavi. Tap kills aatam ras. "
When asked to explain furthur, Bhai Sahib just said,"birehaa birehaa aakheeai birehaa thoo sulathaan ||fareedhaa jith than birahu n oopajai so than jaan masaan ||" Bhai Sangat ji had ਅਡੋਲ faith in bani. All the teachers, sants, that he met whether they were vedanti,sufi,giani, or yogi, he only associated with as long as they did not go against gurbani. When and if the sadhu said or did anything against gurbani, he would leave them instantly and never meet them again. He agreed with Bhai Sahib, but he believed ਕਿਸੇ ਨਾਲ ਅਧਵਾਟੇ ਨੇਹੁੰ ਤੋੜਨਾ was wrong. So he kept with the fakir, until he said, "Even though Guru Granth Sahib Ji is guru, a human guru is needed." After that Bhai Sangat ji left and felt free. He went to a gurudwara and did katha, and more and more people came to listen, but he stayed solitary. One night, he was in his room at Amrit Vela, when out of every brick came the voice "kesh rakho, keep hair." From then on he kept the kesh and keshera rehit. In 1915 he met Bhai Vir Singh and told him everything, Bhai Sahib was very glad especially when he heard of the story of his faith in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. From 1915 to 1950 he stayed with Bhai Vir Singh. All that he learned and gained is a long story which I will try to present to the readers another time.
(end of summary/poor translation)
That was a beautiful story of how Sant Sangat Singh found the truth of Gurmat, through Bhai Vir Singh jee. I have read this story before in Punjabi and it was refreshing to read it again.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login