ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How memorize Jaap Sahib

Posted by rsingh 
How memorize Jaap Sahib
July 17, 2011 06:55PM
Of all the Nitnemi Banis, Jaap Sahib is the hardest to memorize. Can sangat please suggest how one goes about memorizing this Bani?
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: How memorize Jaap Sahib
July 17, 2011 07:46PM
My ustaad told me to memorise it chhand by chhand. memorise the the first chhand, then the second, then read them both from heart. Then memorise the third chhand, and then read all three out by heart, etc.

This way it became very easy to memorise Sri Jaap Sahib
Overtime, any Baani you do Paatth of on a daily basis becomes fluent in the long run.
July 17, 2011 09:55PM
Jaap Sahib Memory Aid
Here's some tips which have helped me in the past:

1. Each day recite how much you know off by heart before reading the rest from a gutka, get someone else to follow from a gutka whilst doing it from memory.

2. Take one chandd at a time and read or recite that chandd say every hour throughout the day until you can do it from memory at leat 5 times.

3. Do Jaap Sahib at least twice a day or more if you can.

Vaheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa!
Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!
There are 199 Pauris.

Take 5 (or more, if you can) Pauris everyday and memorize just that amount and keep repeating. slowly and steadily.... you can also skip some Pauris, that you already know off by heart..whilst memorizing.
It is very motivating to start off with small steps like 5 Pauris everyday and it is not a big deal instead of trying to memorize a whole Chandd in one day or so... just my advice...
July 18, 2011 08:47AM
Div. Veer Ji has shown a wonderful link, in this regard. That is very impressive attempt. Welcome Veer Ji. It is your first and very solid post.
VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa
VahegurooJeeKeeFateh.

Another way to help you
remeber is if you get a voice
recorder and record how you
memorised then replay it and
use a gutka too see were you are
forgeting and were you making mistakes

Bhul chuk maaf

VahegurooJeeKaaKhalsa
VahegurooJeeKeeFateh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login