ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what was right pronunciation

Posted by BHAG HEEN 
,ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||
raag bilaaval mehalaa 1 choupadhae ghar 1 ||
thoo sulathaan kehaa ho meeaa thaeree kavan vaddaaee ||
jo thoo dhaehi s kehaa suaamee mai moorakh kehan n jaaee ||1||
thaerae gun gaavaa dhaehi bujhaaee ||
jaisae sach mehi reho rajaaee ||1|| rehaao ||
jo kishh hoaa sabh kishh thujh thae thaeree sabh asanaaee ||
thaeraa a(n)th n jaanaa maerae saahib mai a(n)dhhulae kiaa chathuraaee ||2||
kiaa ho kathhee kathhae kathh dhaekhaa mai akathh n kathhanaa jaaee ||
jo thudhh bhaavai soee aakhaa thil thaeree vaddiaaee ||3||
eaethae kookar ho baegaanaa bhoukaa eis than thaaee ||
bhagath heen naanak jae hoeigaa thaa khasamai naao n jaaee ||4||1||

WJKK,WJKF,KHALSA JIO, what was the right pronunciation of pankti "EAETHAE KOOKAR HAU BAEGAAANAA"some gursikh asked this was right pronunciation and some asked the right was"EAETHAE KOOK RAHAU BAEGAANAA"plz put light on this dubhida. bhag heen bhram chotaan khave.
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
wjkk wjkf
Baani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. Depending on the intelligence that Guru Sahib has blessed us, we do Gurbani Vichaar. Of this particular Shabad, Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee has done a detailed Vichaar and has done the padchhed as follows:

ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕ ਰਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥

Bhai Sahib has explained this as follows:

ਏਤੇ (ਇਤਨੇ) ਕੂਕਣੇ ਕੂਕਦਾ ਰਹਾਂ (ਫੇਰ ਭੀ) ਬਿਗਾਨਾ ਹੀ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹਾਂ। (ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਲ ਆਸ਼ਨਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦਾ) ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਜੋ ਕੂਕਣੇ ਮੈਂ ਕੂਕਦਾ ਹਾਂ (ਜੋ ਭਉਂਕਣੇ ਮੈਂ ਭਉਂਕਦਾ ਹਾਂ) ਉਹ ਸਭ ਕੁਛ ਸਰੀਰ ਦੀ ਖਾਤਰ ਹੀ ਭਉਂਕਣਾ ਕੂਕਣਾ ਹੈ, ਇਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਭਉਂਕਣਾ ਸਭ ਓਪਰਾ ਹੈ।

The common Paath is ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥ and all Padchhed Saroops have this Paath. If the correct Paath is the former one (one Bhai Sahib has suggested), then all Padchhed Saroops are missing this one Pankiti of Gurbani.

Since it is impossible for a mortal being to do 100% correct padchhed (separating words) of Gurbani, this is why it is wrong to print Padchhed Saroops and do Prakash of Padchhed Saroops (as mentioned by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee).

Kulbir Singh
This particular post has helped me to understand something I had been struggling to get my head around for a long time. I always used to have the doubt in my mind that regardless of it being Gurbani in larrivaar or pad ched you are still breaking gurbani down in your mind and may be saying it aloud incorrectly therefore making the issue of larrivaar or padched a non important one.

BUT this is most definitely not the case!

If we read Gurbani in larrivaar and break down the word in our mind and say it aloud incorrectly it is our fault of not understanding Gurbani viakaran.

If it is already split, i.e. pad ched, and is split incorrectly (as the above example) it is the GURU sahib that becomes incorrect!! How can Guru Sahib be incorrect ?!?!? Therefore reinforcing the issue that larrivaar saroop has to be the only Guru Sahib.

Maharaj has done apaar kirpa!
WJKK,WJKF,BHAI SAHIB JIO,well vichar on pankti of gurbani.dass requested u to plz gave your vichar on both type of these gurbani pankti. bhag heen bhram chotan khave
Manmandar Singh jeeo, it brings immense comfort and Sukh to hear that your faith on the true Guru - Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee - has increased. The demand of Sidaq and faith is that we should accept our Guru Sahib's decision or will as is. Siri Guru Dasmesh jee gave Gurta Gaddi to the Laridaar Saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. There should be no argument on this. Any alteration in Guru Sahib is unacceptable and should not be allowed.

Dear Bhagheen jeeo, the ones who do Paath as ਏਤੇ ਕੂਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਭਉਕਾ ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥ interpret this Pankiti as:
There are many dogs (e.g. Kaam) and I don't belong here (Begaana). I bark to save my body from these dogs.

The above meaning has been done by Professor Sahib Singh jee. He gives the metaphor of a dog who goes to a new village where all dogs attack this new dog and bark at him. This dog in turn barks back to save himself from them. According to Professor jee, Guru Sahib has used this metaphor to illustrate his fight against dogs of evil.

Another interpretation of the above padchhed is: There are many dogs who are acceptable to Vaheguru but I remain stranger because I bark for the sake of this body.

Another padchhed of this Pankiti is done as follows:

ਏਤੇ ਕੂ, ਕਰ ਹਉ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ, ਭਉ ਕਾ, ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਤਾਈ ॥
ਜੇਕਰ ਮੈਂ ਹਉਂ (ਹੰਕਾਰ) ਨੂੰ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ਕਰ ਦੇਵਾਂ ਭਾਵ ਮਿਟਾ ਦੇਵਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਫੇਰ ਮੈਂਨੂੰ ਕੀ (ਕਾ) ਭਉ ਹੈ ਇਸ ਤਨ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਤਨ ਦਾ ਕੀ ਫਿਕਰ ਹੈ।
(If I make pride a stranger i.e. let it go, then what fear I will have about this body i.e. no fear)

In this above interpretation, the word ਭਉਕਾ has been separated as ਭਉ ਕਾ i.e. 'what fear'. Ka means 'what' also. Similarly ਏਤੇਕੂਕਰਹਉ has been separated as ਏਤੇ ਕੂ, ਕਰ ਹਉ .

The above meanings are given as per your request, Bhagheen jeeo. Daas is agreeable with only the meaning that Bhai Sahib has done and the truth of the matter is that a Pankiti can have only one meaning. Gurmukhs do not support doing several meanings of one Pankiti.

Bhai Manmandar Singh has made an excellent observation. If a Paathi does incorrect Paath from Laridaar Saroop, the mistake is counted that of the Paathi but if the Paath in Padchhed is written incorrectly, then the mistake is considered to be of the Guru.

Kulbir Singh
WJKK WJKF,BHAI SAHIB JIO,THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT HELP. bhag heen bhram chotan khave.
What an eye opener! Vaaheguru ji!

All my life I too have been doing the paath of the common pad-ched of this pankati. The pad-ched by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji makes so much more and perfect sense. Posts like these are eye-openers for not only those who think there is no difference in Pad-ched and Larridaar Saroop but for even those of us who only accept the Guru ordained Saroop, to be more saavdhaan whilst reading Gurbani ourselves. Posts like these also make it even more evident that changing the Guru ordained Saroop into Pad-ched form is nothing but wrong.

What is extremely disheartening is to see the extent of this matter in our Panth today and how much it is being ignored but by reading Bhai Manmander Singh ji's post it has shown that we all need to educate ourselves and be ready to accept the truth. Such truth can only be shown by Guru Sahib Himself.

Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji needs to be brought back to us in the Guru ordained form. Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji placed Larridaar form of Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji on His throne, the Saroop that contains Gurbaani in true form.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login