ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ਇਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਮਾਂ

Posted by Balraj Singh 
ਸਤਗੁਰੂ ਸਚੇ ਪਾਤ੍ਸਾਹ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨੇ ਜਿਥੇ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦੇ ਹੋਰ ਅਨੇਕਾ ਹੀ ਮਸਲੇ,ਰਿਸਤੇ ਬੜੇ ਸੁਚਜੇ ਢੰਗ ਨਾਲ ਸੋਹੇ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਜਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਓਥੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਰਿਸਤੇ ਤੇ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਵਿਸਥਾਰ ਪੂਰਵਕ ਲੇਖਣੀ ਰਚੀ ਹੈ || ਜਿਥੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੇ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਤੇ ਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਰਿਸਤੇ ਦੀ ਮਹਤਤਾ ਦੱਸੀ ਹੈ

ਮਾਈ ਕਹਾ ਕਰਉ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਨ ਧੀਰੈ ॥

ਪਿਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਖਰੀ ਨਿਮਾਣੀ ਜੀਉ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਕਿਉ ਜੀਵਾ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥

ਕਿਆ ਜਾਨਾ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਇਗਾ ਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਸਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ

ਆਦਿਕ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਭਗਤ ਦੀ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਨਾ ਉਚਾ ਦਰਜਾ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਕ ਭਗਤ ਆਪਣੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਦੇ ਵੈਰਾਗ/ਵਿਛੋੜੇ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣਾ ਦੁਖੜਾ ਦਰਸਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ||

ਓਥੇ ਇਹ ਵੀ ਦਰਸਾਇਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਏਕ ਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਲਈ ਇਹ ਕਿਨਾ ਜਰੂਰੀ ਅਤੇ ਲਾਜਮੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਉਸਦਾ ਪੁਤਰ/ਪੁਤਰੀ ਏਕ ਭਗਤ ਹੋਵੇ ਭਾਵ ਇਹ ਹਰ ਏਕ ਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਫਰਜ਼ ਹੈ ਕੇ ਓਹ ਆਪ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਵੇ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਬਚੇ ਦਾ ਪਾਲਣ ਪੋਸਣ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਟੇਕ ਦੇ ਸਦਕਾ ਇਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਕਰੇ ਕਿ ਉਸਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੋਵੇ ||

ਕਬੀਰ ਬੈਸਨਉ ਕੀ ਕੂਕਰਿ ਭਲੀ ਸਾਕਤ ਕੀ ਬੁਰੀ ਮਾਇ ॥ ਓਹ ਨਿਤ ਸੁਨੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਸੁ ਉਹ ਪਾਪ ਬਿਸਾਹਨ ਜਾਇ
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਬਸਿਓ ਤਿਨ ਮਾਤ ਕੀਜੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਂਝਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਸੁੰਞੀ ਦੇਹ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਓਇ ਖਪਿ ਖਪਿ ਮੁਏ ਕਰਾਂਝਾ

ਉਕਤ ਪੰਕਤੀਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਨਾ ਖੋਲ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਖਲਾਸਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਕ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਬਚੇ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਤੇ ਭਵਿਖ ਕਿਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਦਾ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ || ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਬਚੇ ਦੀ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬਾਂਝ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਗਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਵਡਾ ਸਰਾਫ ਸੈਇਦ ਇਕ ਮਾਂ ਲਈ ਹੋਣਾ ਮੁਸ਼ਕਿਲ ਹੈ ||

ਤੇ ਕੀ ਫਿਰ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਚਾਨਣ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਫਰਜ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਦਾ ਕੇ ਹਰ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਤੇ ਹਰ ਉਪਰਾਲਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਵੇ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਬਚਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਲੜ ਨਾਲ ਲਾਵੇ ? ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਵਡਾ ਪੁੰਨ ਇਕ ਮਾਂ ਆਪਣੇ,ਆਪਣੇ ਬਚੇ ਤੇ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੀ || ਹਰ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਵਧ ਤੋਂ ਵਧ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਸਦਕਾ ਬਚੇ ਦੇ ਜਨਮ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਤਿਆਰ-ਬਾਰ-ਤਿਆਰ ,ਰਹਤ ਧਾਰੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸ ਜਿੰਦ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਲੋਚੇ ||

ਅਜੋਕੇ ਸਮੇ ਵਿਚ ਕਾਫੀ ਵਾਰ ਅਜੇਹਾ ਸੁਣਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜਿਥੇ ਕੁਝ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਬਚੇ ਰਹਿਤ ਬਹਿਤ ਦੇ ਧਾਰਨੀ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਪਿਆਰੀਆਂ ਮਾਵਾਂ ਓਹਨਾ ਨੂੰ ਐਸਾ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਇਧਰ-ਉਧਰ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਣ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਰੋਕਣ ਦੀ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਕਰਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ, ਜੋ ਕੇ ਸਾਡੇ ਲਈ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੀ ਮੰਦਭਾਗੀ ਤੇ ਦਰਦਨਾਕ ਦਾਸਤਾਨ ਹੈ || ਇਸ ਦੇ ਉਲਟ, ਐਸੇ ਮੌਕੇ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਐਸੇ ਬਚੇ ਦੇ ਵਾਰੇ-ਵਾਰੇ ਜਾਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ || ਇਸ ਵਿਚ ਨਾ ਕੇਵਲ ਬਚੇ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਹੈ ਸਗੋਂ ਉਸਦੀ ਐਸੀ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਮਾਂ ਵੀ ਇਸ ਕੁਲ੍ਜੁਗ ਚੋਂ ਪਾਰ ਹੋ ਸਕੇਗੀ ||

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!
Reply Quote TweetFacebook

ਤੇ ਕੀ ਫਿਰ ਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਚਾਨਣ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਫਰਜ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਦਾ ਕੇ ਹਰ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਤੇ ਹਰ ਉਪਰਾਲਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਵੇ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਬਚਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਲੜ ਨਾਲ ਲਾਵੇ ? ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਵਡਾ ਪੁੰਨ ਇਕ ਮਾਂ ਆਪਣੇ,ਆਪਣੇ ਬਚੇ ਤੇ ਇਸ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੀ || ਹਰ ਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਵਧ ਤੋਂ ਵਧ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ ਸਦਕਾ ਬਚੇ ਦੇ ਜਨਮ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਤਿਆਰ-ਬਾਰ-ਤਿਆਰ ,ਰਹਤ ਧਾਰੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਤੇ ਉਸ ਜਿੰਦ ਦਾ ਭਲਾ ਲੋਚੇ ||

Bhai Balraj Singh has raised very important point that in order to ensure that our future generations or our children grow up to become good Gursikhs, it is imperative that Sikh Bibiyaan themselves are good Gursikhs. Only a good Gursikh mother will raise a good Gursikh child. Sure there are exceptions where we see that children born to Gursikhs become Manmukhs and children born to Manmukhs become Gursikhs but these are exceptions only. The reality is that the Karma and the character of parents has a very profound effect on kids.

A bedtime Saakhi, drenched in the love of Guru Sahib, narrated by the mother or grandmother, goes a long way in the life of a kid. I myself can vouch that the bedtime Saakhis Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee, narrated by my grandmother, played a big role in my adoption of Sikhi.

A Kuchaji mother will not be able to maintain long Kesh of her children and will prefer to cut them so that she does not have to take care of them. On the other hand a Suchaji Sikh mother will meticulously care for the Kesh of her children. She will instill Sikh pride in her children and from early age would adorn her children with Dastaar and Baana. She would ensure that her children speak Baani before they speak other things.

A Kuchaji mother will teach her children how to dance on the tune of songs whereas a Suchaji Sikh mother will teach her children Siri Jap jee Sahib, Siri Rehraas Sahib and Siri Sohila Sahib. She will teach them Gatka and Kirtan as opposed to dancing and singing songs.

Roughly half of Khalsa Panth is female. How can Khalsa Panth be strong, if their females are not imbued in the colour of Gurmat? Both men and women of Khalsa Panth have to be equally disciplined and strict in Sikhi to ensure that their next generation is Chardi Kala Khalsa.

Kulbir Singh
VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

There was an article long ago from an elder Sikh who detailed how mothers would take their yougn children to Sirhind and show them the site of the Shahhedi of the Chhote Sahibzadae, explain them the sakhi of their Kurbani and instill in them the aspects of the Saint-Soldierly life from the beginning. Observe closely that the mothers would have been prepared (and most likely honored) from the very beginning to have their children become Shaheed for the Panth and the children would be brought up in an environment where their very psyche was from birth focused on a Gursikhi Jeevan.

Another anecdote of the Supreme status of a Gursikh mother/wife was from an episode from Nanaksar. A Sikh once lamented to the Nanaksar Mahapurakhs how it seemed almost futile that they would attain union with the Almighty - the Mahapurakhs used to do unending Bhagti and no Gristi Jeev has such time or committment. The Mahapurakh from Nanaksar responded that Guru Sahib knows all and that 13 years of a Bihungum's (celebate Babae of traditional Sikh sampardayan) kamai was equal to one year of a Gristi Gursikh Singh's kamai. A Gursikh Kaur would do the same amount of kamai in 1 month! That is how difficult, but spiritually rewarding the life of a Gursikh wife/mother is. Being a mother (I have seen and been told) is tough enough. One who maintains her Sikh Rehat while raising Gursikhs - such a woman is someone truly blessed by the Almighty.

One has only to go as far as Islam to see what the impact of discipline in women has. Though I am not personally in agreement with the oppression of females that is done under the guise of faith in Islam many times, there is a reason why their population is in the billions and they are very strict in their faith. Firmly faithful mothers bring up firmly faithful children (millions of whom have memorized the Qua'ran before their teenage years). Contrast with our faith, where the Singhs are given so much emphasis in parchar and the Bibian are almost second class in terms of parchar (think about it - so many Singhs are highlighted in parchar...how many Bibian are regularly even mentioned? Does any Gurudwara do parchar of Sikh Bibian on a regular basis?). The parchar has failed for Sikh Bibian and the Panth (per the Hukam of Akaal Purakh) is in the state it is in because of it. We actually did this experiment at a recent camp, where the campers (aged 12-19) were asked that if they were to meet one Sikh personality, who would they want to meet. All of the males mentioned male Sikh personalities, and of the near 50 Bibian, only 3 or 4 mentioned female Sikh personalities that they would like to meet. We have denied women the knowledge of their heritage and are depriving entire generations their Sikh heritage (each mother impacts at least 1 child and moulds the clay of youth into its future shape).

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan.
Veer Kulbir Singh Jio,

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh ji

I think in the shabads discussed above:

ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਬਸਿਓ ਤਿਨ ਮਾਤ ਕੀਜੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਂਝਾ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਸੁੰਞੀ ਦੇਹ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਓਇ ਖਪਿ ਖਪਿ ਮੁਏ ਕਰਾਂਝਾ
Isnt Guru Sahib talking about 'Mat mata santokh pita" mat means gian mata or gurbani gian roopi mata. means jina de hirde vich naam nahin vasia, tina di mat(akl) hari ne banji (heen) kiti hoyi hai, . without nam there body is like a dead body. I dont think this shabad talks about mother of a human being. Otherwise aren't we swearing at guru sahibs mother who also gave birth to prithi chand. Same thing with other shabad:

ਕਬੀਰ ਬੈਸਨਉ ਕੀ ਕੂਕਰਿ ਭਲੀ ਸਾਕਤ ਕੀ ਬੁਰੀ ਮਾਇ ॥ ਓਹ ਨਿਤ ਸੁਨੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਜਸੁ ਉਹ ਪਾਪ ਬਿਸਾਹਨ ਜਾਇ

I dont think Kabir sahib is talking about worldly mother of human being. Here baisnaw is waheguru, kookar is kabeer (kabeeer kookar ram ko) and sakat is manmukh who has bad mat(akal or budh or gian). Kabeer listen to har naam and sakats budh has indulged sakat in bad deeds and karam.

Again in this shabad who is our mother:
ਮਾਈ ਕਹਾ ਕਰਉ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਨ ਧੀਰੈ ॥

ਪਿਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਖਰੀ ਨਿਮਾਣੀ ਜੀਉ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਕਿਉ ਜੀਵਾ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥

ਕਿਆ ਜਾਨਾ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਇਗਾ ਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਸਨ ਬਿਨੁ ਰਹਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ

Here mother is Guru Sahib who is giving us gian. Sikh does not weep in front of worldly mother because we had many mothers like that in millions of lives we lived. That is just maya and moh, why would sikh cry in front of mother made up of maya. Gursikhs mother is Gian roop guru, gursikhs father is Akal purakh ( and akalpurakh can only be santokh pita as gursikh can never have santokh without meeting waheguru, if i get santokh without meeting waheguru, then what is the purpose of meeting waheguru . It also is explained in the gurbani tuk in above shabad that o my dear guru sahib, my mind is not in santokh without my beloved husband waheguru. I can only attain santokh after meeting him.)

BAki as you are aware, bani is agadh bodh, i am just a kookar and dont know anything. we need to think about the mothers of ramrai, dheermal, vadbhag singh as they were all mothers of guru sahibans as well. Hope i haven't said anything wrong. Please correct me.

Regards,

Dass

Kawaljit Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login