Posted by bhai 
Confused?
June 05, 2011 11:19PM
ਪਉੜੀ ||
ਤੂ ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਭੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਕੋਈ ਦੂਜਾ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਅਵਰੋ ਕਹੀਐ ||
ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਬੋਲੈ ਆਪਿ ਬੁਲਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੀਐ ||
ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਮਾਰੈ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਛੋਡੈ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਸਰਣੀ ਪੜਿ ਰਹੀਐ ||

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਈ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ ਮਨ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਚਿੰਦ ਨਿਸਲੁ ਹੋਇ ਰਹੀਐ ||
ਉਠਦਿਆ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਸੁਤਿਆ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਲਹੀਐ ||੨੧||੧|| ਸੁਧੁ

Pauree:
You Yourself, all by Yourself, are the Creator of all. If there were any other, then I would speak of another.
The Lord Himself speaks, and causes us to speak; He Himself is pervading the water and the land.
The Lord Himself destroys, and the Lord Himself saves. O mind, seek and remain in the Lord's Sanctuary.

Other than the Lord, no one can kill or rejuvenate. O mind, do not be anxious - remain fearless.
While standing, sitting, and sleeping, forever and ever, meditate on the Lord's Name; O servant Nanak, as Gurmukh, you shall attain the Lord. ||21||1||Sudh||

I have highlighted the pangti's that im confused about what does guru sahib mean actually mean by saying, "The Lord Himself speaks, and causes us to speak" and "The Lord Himself destroys, and the Lord Himself saves."

What does guru sahib mean by he causes us to speak? does this mean when we swear guru sahib made up swear?( i always thought that if we swear that was our own mind and our own fault that made us do it, and when ever we spoke in a sweet voice that it was guru sahib that allowed us to speak in that way)

Also im confused by what guru sahib says by The Lord Himself destroys, and the Lord Himself saves." does guru sahib mean that he can destroy gursikhs jeevans and also save other gursikhs jeevan? is that possible?( too me this would seem absurd)

this probably seems like a stupid question...but im sort of confused and was some elder gursikh like Bhai Kulbir Singh could clear up my confusion?

thanks
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: Confused?
June 05, 2011 11:34PM
sry grammer mistake "but im sort of confused and i was wondering if some elder gursikh like Bhai Kulbir Singh could clear up my confusion?
Re: Confused?
June 06, 2011 08:13AM

ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਬੋਲੈ ਆਪਿ ਬੁਲਾਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਰਵਿ ਰਹੀਐ ||

Gurbani contains Updesh for Gursikhs of all Avastha and knowledge of all spiritual levels is contained in Gurbani. Have a look at the following Gurbani Pankiti:

ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਸਚੈ ਕੀ ਹੈ ਕੋਠੜੀ ਸਚੇ ਕਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਾਸੁ ॥
(This world is like a house of the True One because He resides in this world)

This means that the whole creation is within Vaheguru and He is within his creation too; plus, he is beyond, over and above, his creation as well.

Since he is in everything, therefore, according to the lofty eye of a Giani, he alone is working in all people. He alone is the Karta. He is "the Karta Purakh" and not "a Karta Purakh", which means that he alone is the doer.

Having said that, on the base of this, one should not start thinking that if Vaheguru is the doer, therefore, one is not responsible for the sins done. If one wants to be free of sins done, then one has to be truly a Drishta (spectator) and not Karta. So long as one thinks that one is doing Karma, one is held responsible for ones actions, otherwise in reality Vaheguru alone is the doer since he is "the Karta Purakh" not "a Karta Purakh":

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਜਾਨੈ ਮੁਝ ਤੇ ਕਛੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਤਬ ਇਸ ਕਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਜਾਨੈ ਮੈ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਤਾ ॥
ਤਬ ਲਗੁ ਗਰਭ ਜੋਨਿ ਮਹਿ ਫਿਰਤਾ ॥

(So long as he thinks "sometimes happens through me", that long he does not get any Sukh (comfort). So long as he thinks "I am doing anything", that long he wanders in life-forms (takes births))

These Pankitis prove that under ignorance, so long as the Jeev thinks he is the doer, he has to suffer the consequences of his actions but when, after doing Naam Abhyaas, one realizes that Vaheguru alone is the doer and the world is just his play, he becomes relaxed. Then he engages in Naam Abhyaas and sees only one Karta - Vaheguru. The Pankiti in question is realized by a Gursikh only in this state. Before this stage, a Gursikh should continue to do Karma according to Hukams of Guru Sahib. The above Pankiti is a Pankiti that gives us the Gian and is not for our action i.e. on the basis of this Pankiti we can't go around committing sins thinking that Vaheguru is the doer.

Gurbani is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Kulbir Singh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login