ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ganga sagar

Posted by harsh singh 
ganga sagar
May 22, 2011 09:41AM
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE, KHALSA JIO,GURU GOBIND SINGH JI order KHALSA PANTH,that gurslkh make roti beti di sanjh only with gursikh.Then how guru ji himself drink milk from NURA MAHI in RAI KOT.Which he milked in POT called GANGA SAGAR. bhul chuk muaf dassin dass
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Re: ganga sagar
May 22, 2011 08:30PM
VJKK VJKK

I'm not sure but i think that happened before 1699, that is to say before Khalsa got inaugurated.

I am not entirely sure, could someone wiser please also comment.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Guru Ka Daas
Binodh Singh
May 23, 2011 07:35AM
There is alot of false information which has filtered into our history. I am not a Sikh historian, but this story does not seem to be in line with gurmat for all the reasons that gursikhs keep dietary bibek. To eat only from other gursikhs is a puratan tradition, and is even included in the Akaal Takhat maryada.
There is also a saakhi that Guru Sahib had to eat food from muslims to protect His escape plan, so He took out kirpan and did bhet to the food to make it sucha. But this makes little sense - Sikhs are not ritualistic, how can we accept that simply swiping a kirpan through food can make it sucha? So you see, not all stories should be taken at face-value but must be "examined through the scope of gurmat" as bibekis say.
Bhul chuk maaf
May 23, 2011 09:03AM
As Bhenji has mentioned any sakhi about Guru Sahibs
life which contradicts Gurmat Maryada can be regarded
as " non-authentic" .

Think about it , if we are allowed to eat from anyone
even in the most extreme survival conditions then why
did chhotey sahibzadey starve themselves in the cold season,
and refused to eat from the Malechhh. It was not untill a Gursikh
by the name of Bhai Moti Ji secretly met them and gave them
milk and parshaadey that they ate.
May 23, 2011 10:19AM
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE, KHALSA JIO,firstly this incident occured after 13 april 1699.Because guru ji went RAIKOT after leaving SHRI ANAND PUR SAHIB finally.And second sakhi about kirpan bhet to muslim food was totaly lie.THINK KHALSA JI,in that time sikh was agreat enemy of mughal raj.By sakhi mughal commander served food to GURU JI.KIRPAN was bhet only by khalsa. So the enemy justly know that they are sikh and tthey arrested them at that moment with GURU SAHIB.So KHALSA JI sakhi of kirpan bhet was not correct any where.AND about ganga sagar 99% muslim eat meat in their food daily. SO dass not eccept this that GURU JI drink milk from NURA MAHI. bhul chuk muaf dassin dass
May 23, 2011 01:31PM
Bhai Harsh Singh jeeo, it could also be that Siri Guroo jee used the "ganga sagar" pot to milk the cow Himself, and later on, drink the milk. The part where it says that Guroo jee drank milk which was milk by a Musalmaan may be fabricated, and without any doubt, it is. If Guroo Nanak Dev jee didn't eat or drink anything from Malik Bhago on the basis that he wasn't a Sikh, why would He in His Tenth Jaamaa do the opposite? Just some personal thoughts.
May 23, 2011 06:22PM
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Je Ke Fateh

See you know you guys cannot understand one thing here and that is that "CHANGE IS A CONSTANT" in all circumstances.

All is dynamic in front of us and has been so in the past- the circumstances under those sakki's were something else- the gangaa sagar is what it is - hence Mahraj's atul bachan's which are present in front of us where only it holds milk.

You guys will have real trouble finding your justification and will go around and around in circles you have to realize the pangtee from SGGS:

"GUR KEE KARNEE KAHEE THAAAVOOO"

Don't take my comments out of context as I am for Bibek rehat not against it.

With comments about degh -- what is the real history of kirpan bhet then for food...?? It has been done for centuries , i have haeard that there are some gursikhs who think that we don't need to this either!!!!- gone raving mad...
May 24, 2011 04:09AM
vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

i have seen this pankiti "gur kahea saa kaar kamaavahu || gur kee karnee kaahay dhaavahu || " used many times and i humbly feel it is mistranslated... but gurbani is agam agaadh bodh... please correct if i'm wrong..

could gurmukhs please clarify - doesn't this mean "what the guru has said, do those deeds. why do you run away from the guru's actions (gurmat karnee, a.k.a. gurmat maryada, a.k.a. gurmat rehit)?"

however modern English translations say "what the guru has said, do those deeds. why do you chase after the guru's actions?" (in other words people try to use this to shut down discussions of guru sahib's sakhis and how to interpret guru ji's actions according to gurmat)

in line with gurbani this translation doesn't seem to make sense. guru sahib would never tell us "do as i say, not as i do." guru sahib was "bachan kay balee" and they taught that "karnee pardhaan" and most importantly their own hukam is "avar updaysai aap na karai aavath jaavath janmai marai" and so many other shabads where they prove that guru sahib did everything they preached, and preached everything they did, because everything they did and said was ONE - "ika bani, ik gur, iko shabad veechar" - one gurmat maryada.

please forgive my mistakes

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fatheh!
May 25, 2011 05:21PM
Could some gursikh please kindly clarify the arthh of the above mentioned Gurbani pankti? thank you ji.
May 28, 2011 11:36AM

could gurmukhs please clarify - doesn't this mean "what the guru has said, do those deeds. why do you run away from the guru's actions (gurmat karnee, a.k.a. gurmat maryada, a.k.a. gurmat rehit)?"

This is an interesting Arth Vichaar you have provided Simmal Tree jeeo. Some scholars do believe in the translation you have provided. Daas will do more Vichaar on this Pankiti and express thoughts reaching some understanding.

in line with gurbani this translation doesn't seem to make sense. guru sahib would never tell us "do as i say, not as i do." guru sahib was "bachan kay balee" and they taught that "karnee pardhaan" and most importantly their own hukam is "avar updaysai aap na karai aavath jaavath janmai marai" and so many other shabads where they prove that guru sahib did everything they preached, and preached everything they did, because everything they did and said was ONE - "ika bani, ik gur, iko shabad veechar" - one gurmat maryada.

The functions and deeds or Karni of Guru Sahib and Gursikh are different. A Gursikh should not imitate Guru Sahib and do as Guru Sahib did. Guru Sahib used to sit on throne in Sangat but a Gursikh can't do that. Guru Sahib allowed Matha-tek to Himself but a Gursikh can't do that. Guru Sahib used to wear Kalgi but a Gursikh can't do that. Guru Sahib gives Naam but a Gursikh can't act like Guru Sahib and start giving out Naam.

The traditional meaning of this Pankiti is that a Sikh should follow the teaching of Guru Sahib but not do Karnee (deed) of Guru Sahib. The word Karnee should not be translated as teaching but as doing of Guru Sahib or deed of Guru Sahib.

It seems perfectly in line with Gurmat that we should not imitate Guru Sahib and act like Guru Sahib. This Pankiti is an admonishment to such Gursikhs who get some super-sensory (Ridhi Sidhi) powers and then start thinking of themselves as equal to Guru Sahib.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
May 28, 2011 08:12PM
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fatheh!

dhanvaad bhai sahib _/\_
May 28, 2011 10:37PM
Based on the Rehat Maryada, given to us by Guru Sahib, we want to Analise HIS own actions. We want Guru Ji to obey Himself, what we are supposed to obey. We are not ready to allow GURU to eat that milk in our mind, because we know 99% muslims eat meat.

We should also know, 99% sikhs do not obey Guru Ji.

The one percent, which offers something to Guru is Special. He is neither muslim nor hindu, He comes to Guru, to get transformed. Nura Mahi was no longer a normal Nura Mahi, after offering that milk (if it happened). He might have surely been transformed after seeing the GURU with such an affection and conversation of love. He was the most blessed man on that day of history. He was His sikh, for ever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login