ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ॥
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dhan dhan Bhai Randhir Singh ji

Posted by gurvitohkurbaan 
Ik OonkarSatgurooPrasaad VahiguroojikaKHALSA VahiguroojikiFATEH !!!!!!!!! During kirtan in the ustat of gursikhs, can we say dhan dhan to bhai sahib? I mean in the Nanaksar thaath they say dhan dhan to brhamgyani Baba Nand Singh ji while they are reciting gurbani. So is it okay to do ustat of Bhai sahib during kirtan? Please enlighten this ignorant dass.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Reply Quote TweetFacebook
Harleen Singh jeeo, it is absolutely inappropriate to say "Dhan Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee" during Akhand Kirtan. There is no precedent in Panth for doing so.

It is unfortunate if Nanaksaris do "Dhan Baba Nand Singh jee". Any Ustat that is to be done during Kirtan should be done using Gurbani alone and our own Manmatt should be left out.

Kulbir Singh
I agree..... I find this completely inappropriate.

We do not follow any person or personality. We only follow Shabad Guru. Praise should only be to Akaal Purkh.

Some people Say Dhan Guru Ram Das ji and or to other Guru Sahibaan. But it should not be used for any Gursikh.
There have been many samagams where ustat of char sahibzades has been done. Also of puratan shaheeds as baba deep singh ji and bhai taru singh ji. Is that too inappropriate? Sorry for my ignorance.

Dass
Harleen Singh
Then how is it with Our piaarey Sahibzaadey and the names of the Panj Singhs from 1699 ????
In Kirtan it is Manmatt to sing Kachi-Baani. If any Ustat is to be done, it must be done through Gurbani. Since names of Baba Deep Singh jee, Pyare Sahibzaade and Punj Pyare, don't appear in Gurbani, it does not seem right to do their ustat in Kirtan. If their Ustat is allowed, then on what base can we disallow Ustat of subsequent Gursikhs?

If the practice of Ustat of Gursikhs is allowed in Kirtan, can you imagine what chaos will prevail in Kirtan? Different Sampradas will start doing Ustat of their founding Mahapurakhs e.g. saying Dhan Baba Nand Singh jee or Dhan Baba Ishar Singh jee Rarewale etc. Then the politically motivated persons will start singing "Dhan Sardar Prakash Singh Badal", "Dhan Captain Amrinder Singh" etc. Do we need another division in Panth?

The bottom-line is that as per Maryada only Gurbani or Baanis of Bhai Nandlal jee and Bhai Gurdas jee (and perhaps Rehitnaame) can be sung in Kirtan. No exception should be made in this respect.

Guru Sahib knows better.

Kulbir Singh
Why would you feel the need to do ustat of one particular Gursikh?

When you say Vaheguru, you recognise akaal purkh and all his creation. Gurbani is all encompassing, we need no other bhojan (food).

Our minds should be dedicated to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji and our bodies to the Guru Khalsa Panth.

Bhai Sahib does not need ustaat, he completed his marg in a far greater fashion than we may even dream. Do ustaat of Akaal Purkh and make you jeevan just as high, but do not stray and get distracted by following or praising any one individual.
Funny: Dhan Sardar Parkash Singh Badal thingy... But so true.

Even daas used to do Dhan Dhan Bhai Daya Singh Ji..., cause I thought they might be an exception but very logical what piaarey said....

... Sat Bachan. Makes sense what you said.
Sat bachan ji. Thnx for removing my doubts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login